WGC-Dell Match Play Thread (Spoilers)

Apparently DJ learned to putt

Did I hear them say there could be a four man playoff in that group?

Well thanks Grillo...

Jordan brutalized that hole. Should have closed him out there, but, 3-putted.

Justin Thomas with a drive that appears to have left the golf course! Good Grief!

I'm way too excited about this Kiradech-DJ playoff. Although a little less excited after seeing Kiradech blow his drive right of the fairway.

Spieth wins Group 1, and gets Oosthuizen tomorrow morning.

Very nice recovery by Kiradech out of the trees on 1, but then DJ flips a wedge to about 8 feet. Big advantage to DJ.

DJ with a nice approach and putting him in a good position

Well, that didn't take long.

Round of 16 matches are set:
Spieth-Oosthuizen
Reed-DJ
An-Cabrera Bello
Ryan Moore-Kizzire
Day-Snedeker
Koepka-Kuchar
Haas-Kirk
Zach Johnson-McIlroy

Spieth-Oosthuizen
Reed-DJ
An-Cabrera Bello
Ryan Moore-Kizzire
Day-Snedeker
Koepka-Kuchar
Haas-Kirk
Zach Johnson-McIlroy
Wow, another fabulous fantasy golf week...

Spieth-Oosthuizen
Reed-DJ
An-Cabrera Bello
Ryan Moore-Kizzire
Day-Snedeker
Koepka-Kuchar
Haas-Kirk
Zach Johnson-McIlroy

Those are some really interesting match ups. Should be fun watching tomorrow.

The ZJ v Rory match should be epic.

6 guys went 3-0 in group play: Spieth, Reed, Zach Johnson, Cabrera Bello, Haas, Day.

Spieth-Oosthuizen will have the biggest crowds, but I'm most intrigued by Reed-DJ and ZJ-McIlroy. I think that Reed is so good in this format, I wouldn't be surprised if he won the entire thing. ZJ has been on fire, but McIlroy has now won his last 10 matches in this tournament dating back to last year, that should be quite a battle.

FWIW, looking forward to the Ryder Cup: 11 out of the 16 remaining players are Americans.

6 guys went 3-0 in group play: Spieth, Reed, Zach Johnson, Cabrera Bello, Haas, Day.

Spieth-Oosthuizen will have the biggest crowds, but I'm most intrigued by Reed-DJ and ZJ-McIlroy. I think that Reed is so good in this format, I wouldn't be surprised if he won the entire thing. ZJ has been on fire, but McIlroy has now won his last 10 matches in this tournament dating back to last year, that should be quite a battle.

FWIW, looking forward to the Ryder Cup: 11 out of the 16 remaining players are Americans.

Great point about the RC. I need to make sure I secure tickets somehow.

Ended up with five picks making it to the round of sixteen. Could have been seven but Grace and Aphibarnrat lost in their playoffs. Still a fairly good showing I think.

The Group playoffs might have been the only drama the first 3 days had, besides a few of the matches today being a winner take all.

I'm definitely excited for the Rory zj matchup tomorrow. Also hoping to see a Spieth Reed matchup in the afternoon both guys have been playing really well.

Looks like I only have three that advanced, but one of them is the match play MACHINE Patrick Reed :D

I have three that made it. Reed, Kuch and Ryan Moore. Looks like I have my rooting interests set for the weekend.

Great to see I have 4 guys in the sweet 16 and they all happen to be in each of the four brackets. Looking good so far.

Back