Does Tiger Beat Snead?

I think it's possible, but it will be tough if he's only playing the bigger tournaments. I don't see him playing smaller tournaments just for the sake of breaking the record. Assuming his back is actually fine when he does return, as Kang alluded to, I will be interested to see where his head is at after such a long layoff.

I've never been a Tiger fan, so I'm not sure I even want him to beat Snead's record. That being said, I think it's a done deal. He's been too good a player, and at 40, he'll still have some good tournaments in him. It all depends on if he wants to or not. If he plays in enough tournaments, like I said, it's a done deal. If he only plays in a few of the top tournaments, that'll be another story and he won't beat Snead's record.

I don't think he'll win another major. Like someone else said, golf is a mental game and when it comes to the majors, the mental side of the tournament will be too much for Tiger now.

Later,

John

No. Biggest reason is I don't see Tiger playing in the smaller events that would give him the best chance. I only see him playing the bigger events, and there are too many world class golfers out there right now, and I can't event remotely put him in that category with his current state. Maybe gets 1 more win if he gets healthy, but I don't see him winning 3-4 more.

These are my exact thoughts as well.

I think one more major health issue and he retires. So can he stay heathy to win 4 more tournaments, history tells me no way.

As long as he gives himself the chance to heal right now, and not rush back like he has always done I say yes. I just picture a resurgence and Tiger winning 4-5 more tournaments. But again, only if he really allows himself to heal properly.

I may come across at times via text only as intense or fiesty, but my in-person reality is that I am 100% Ned Flanders goody-two-shoes, smiles and optimism. So my answer is Yes. He can do it.

The one thing Tiger has or had was the killer instinct to finish off guys, if he can get healthy and get out there he has a chance. Once he gets a taste of the winner's circle again he may make a run.

It seems while there are excellent young guys out there now rarely do they just go out an take it on Sunday, maybe it is playing safe or they are just too close talent wise, but you don't see guys dominating down the stretch like Tiger did.

The longer you let a guy hang around the better chance you will screw up and give it away.

While it seems hard to believe based on the last few years, I think he is capable of getting a few more wins.

Tiger will beat Sneads record. He may not beat Jack's major record, but Tiger is far from done.

Not a chance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ill say yes, why not. I literally have no idea

I have doubted Tiger too many times to count him out. He was horrible last year and still managed a top 20 in a major. I can't say I would be suprised either way...

He's done. Which is not to take away from anything he's already done. But he's a physical and mental wreck right now, and I just don't see it changing. I think he starts putting the focus on his course designs and other ventures.

yes, he takes down Snead's record.

I'd like to see it and believe he can. Just not sure he actually wants it anymore.

nope, don't think so

I sure hope so.

Nope, his health isn't good and throw in the age which impairs healing properly & quickly. He'll also be losing on some distances which in turn will force him to be more accurate. Time to put him to pasture and save it all up for the champions tour.

Yes he passes Snead assuming he can comeback and not kill his back. If he comes back early again it is over.

18 months ago, I'd have said yes. Now, I don't think so.

He is done........

Would I like to see Tiger break the record? You bet I would. However a part of me thinks he will muster 1-2 more wins and fall short of Snead's record. I think it will be hard for him to physically withstand the punishment his body takes striving to be a powerful player. Add that in with of what one would say a lack of the mental toughness of the Tiger who we all grew up watching.

I don't know...and frankly, don't care about those kind of records.
The game that is played today, is nothing like the days of Snead and the other greats of the past.

Back