Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "feel" difference alone for me makes graphite well worth it. I laid down an absolute beaver tail of a divot the other night (like a solid foot long), chunked it harder than I had ever chunked a shot before. Normally my hands/arms would just be stinging if I did one of those...... with the graphite shaft all I could feel was the shame from taking such a terrible swing LOL.

Feel is definitely good, for me it's more height with my swing speed. I want to get in a few more lessons though to be honest to see if that improves as I work on my downswing & weight shift.

Am I nuts to be looking at graphite iron shaft pulls, and pondering trying to swap the shafts on my D100s on my own?
I like the idea of trying new stuff, so i see nothing wrong with that. I just recently epoxy'd some adaptor tips to graphite shafts, something i've never tried. Next step will be pulling and reinstalling something else. It's always fun to 'tinker'

I am pondering a new putter grip. SS Pistol or Lamkin Sink Hmmm

X-Stiff Heaven wood or one with a heavy shaft.

F6 Baffler at 16* and King UT at 19.5*.

The "feel" difference alone for me makes graphite well worth it. I laid down an absolute beaver tail of a divot the other night (like a solid foot long), chunked it harder than I had ever chunked a shot before. Normally my hands/arms would just be stinging if I did one of those...... with the graphite shaft all I could feel was the shame from taking such a terrible swing LOL.
This made me crack up.

Feel is definitely good, for me it's more height with my swing speed. I want to get in a few more lessons though to be honest to see if that improves as I work on my downswing & weight shift.

Even if you do start getting the ball up in the air more, graphite still has advantages and there are a ton of profiles you can play. I LOVED the recoils when I was fit for them, but couldn't justify the cost difference from the steel shafts I ended up in, as the numbers were basically equal. With this hand injury, I'd love the extra shock absorption right now.

Even if you do start getting the ball up in the air more, graphite still has advantages and there are a ton of profiles you can play. I LOVED the recoils when I was fit for them, but couldn't justify the cost difference from the steel shafts I ended up in, as the numbers were basically equal. With this hand injury, I'd love the extra shock absorption right now.

Given the value (or lack thereof) of the D100s I probably wouldn't drop too much into shafts, most likely pick up some OEM pulls to see how things work out.

X-Stiff Heaven wood or one with a heavy shaft.

F6 Baffler at 16* and King UT at 19.5*.

Both. GBB HW w/ Aldila Rogue I/O 70X.

Weapon.

My ponder is about to come reality. SM6 wedges will be mine! Partner and I took 1st place in our virtual golf league this winter (just played championship last night) so I've got a nice $300 shop credit to burn through.

My ponder is about to come reality. SM6 wedges will be mine! Partner and I took 1st place in our virtual golf league this winter (just played championship last night) so I've got a nice $300 shop credit to burn through.

You're gonna love them Jake.

You're gonna love them Jake.
Yeah I'm pretty excited. I'm thinking of switching up my lofts to go with a 50, 54, 58 setup....but now that I'm about to pull the trigger I'm getting nervous. I've ALWAYS used 52, 56, 60 regardless of the loft of my PW so I've just gotten used to those lofts and yardages. Now I'm not really even sure why I'd swap, but I'm thinking about doing it. My PW is 46 degree and I hit it 135 yards. My 52 I max out at about 115, but largely on purpose because I don't like to really take full hacks with my wedges, I'd just prefer to choke down and control a PW in there. SOOOOOOO.....we'll see. I bet a dollar I wind up sticking with what I know. I mean, why wouldn't I?

Yeah I'm pretty excited. I'm thinking of switching up my lofts to go with a 50, 54, 58 setup....but now that I'm about to pull the trigger I'm getting nervous. I've ALWAYS used 52, 56, 60 regardless of the loft of my PW so I've just gotten used to those lofts and yardages. Now I'm not really even sure why I'd swap, but I'm thinking about doing it. My PW is 46 degree and I hit it 135 yards. My 52 I max out at about 115, but largely on purpose because I don't like to really take full hacks with my wedges, I'd just prefer to choke down and control a PW in there. SOOOOOOO.....we'll see. I bet a dollar I wind up sticking with what I know. I mean, why wouldn't I?

Or go 50/54/60. Get the closer gap in the 50, but keep the versatility you know in the highest lofted wedge. The 54 will play way more familiar to you than you think IMO.

Or go 50/54/60. Get the closer gap in the 50, but keep the versatility you know in the highest lofted wedge. The 54 will play way more familiar to you than you think IMO.
Damn, that's a really good idea! I was most concerned about losing the 60 and having to relearn almost all of my greenside pitching since that's what I use for all of that. I like your thinking buddy!

Damn, that's a really good idea! I was most concerned about losing the 60 and having to relearn almost all of my greenside pitching since that's what I use for all of that. I like your thinking buddy!
Or bend the 54 to 55 if you like a bit more bounce or bend 56 to 55 if you want less bounce

J15 19* and 23* hybrids. I just need to hit them to compare to the ones I have hit and liked (R15, M1, Adams Red) to see if these are better. They seem like they should be more forgiving.

I'm doing this now and I love it. The 60 gives me a little more height without over thinking it. I'm not a full swing LW guy, so the 54 blends in just fine.

Currently pondering a hoard purge to finance my next stand bag.

Is it an upgrade option on the HW?

If you get it through Callaway you should be able to get a Rogue shaft. I had mine ordered with a Fujikura without issue.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Is it an upgrade option on the HW?

I'd have to go through GS as I'll get 50% trade in bonus and if it's a no charge upgrade it will probably cost me like $50 out of pocket with everything I'm trading in. It's a hard ponder!!

Exactly why I switched to the setup I have, its been a very good thing for me.

No upcharge!

OK so thinking out loud here. Let's say I have a 70 g shaft in my driver... for my fairway woods and hybrids to get proper swing weight progression would I want to go heavier as I approach my irons?

So in essence a 70 g driver shaft and either a 70 or 80 g fairway wood shaft and then a heavier hybrid shaft etc.??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back