Would You Rather?

Would You Rather?

• Fun & Super Slow

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • Non Talker & Fast

Votes: 147 84.5%

• Total voters
quiet and fast

Painfully slow kills me. I like to talk but I could do without it for a faster round.

Let's face the truth here, though. Most real life situations are somewhere in the middle. A player may be a nice guy and a bit slower than you would prefer, but you can deal with it. The fast player isn't usually mute, and hopefully he isn't a true speed golfer (playing alone the other day I finished 18 in 2:15 flat, and I don't consider myself a speed golfer). I've seen a guy who literally jogs from shot to shot when the course is open, and I'll take the slow guy any day over being paired with Speedy Gonzales.

After all, for most of us, the pace is more often a factor of the course flow, not of our own actions, so we usually manage to work with whatever we are dealt when paired with a stranger.

Alot more "unscocial" people here than I realized :(

Non-talker and fast. I'm married and have a 10 month-old.

If I'm out there as a single, I'm already going knowing it's just me, so the faster the better.

I wish there was a middle ground.....nice and fun but plays at a good pace

I would rather he be a little slow I like a little conversation in the round

jesus it sounds like golf is an inconvenience for a few of you. Why would you try to get through it as fast as possible? Do you guys also see how fast you can put down an ice cream cone? One day you're going to wish you could play slow golf.

Im 25 and i guess a little different from most of my generation. I go out as a single and if i get paired up (mostly with people old enough to be my dad) I listen to their stories. Everyone has a story that makes life interesting. If i really want to be practice alone ill just say id prefer to play alone or ill hit the range.

I think it depends, is he slow enough where the marshall is prodding us and making us skip holes?

Then quiet and fast all day. Or do we as 2 twosome play in 4 hours and I have a blast? I'm fine with that, 5 hours probably not.

jesus it sounds like golf is an inconvenience for a few of you. Why would you try to get through it as fast as possible? Do you guys also see how fast you can put down an ice cream cone? One day you're going to wish you could play slow golf.

Im 25 and i guess a little different from most of my generation. I go out as a single and if i get paired up (mostly with people old enough to be my dad) I listen to their stories. Everyone has a story that makes life interesting. If i really want to be practice alone ill just say id prefer to play alone or ill hit the range.

I think that the issue is that JB posed the question with the term "super slow". Nobody in his right mind wants a 5 hour round in a twosome and that's what the question seems to indicate. If it was just "slow" or "a bit slow" you would likely have gotten a much different response. I'm pretty easy to get along with, and a "a bit slow" I can deal with in pleasant company. If I'm stuck with someone who holds up the rest of the course and seems clueless to the problem, I'd have a big problem with that.

Non talker and fast. I don't take time on shots, and I'm a man of few words.

i'm with you 110% bud. some people need to learn how to slow the f- down. most of our lives are moving a million miles an hour. gone are the days of sitting a spell being considered an acceptable activity for a weekend afternoon. i don't dig the frenetic pace of life, and the golf course is a sanctuary because it is quiet, peaceful, and i don't have to rush from task to task or pre-planned activity to pre-planned activity. i'm a slave to the telephone, to email, to the clock. the golf course is somewhere we can leave all of that behind. and if i get to meet an interesting person and learn something what a fantastic bonus.

Quite and fast works best for me.

JB the poll is somewhat of a non sequitur. The opposite of a fun and super slow player would be a jerk who plays fast. Just saying.

Circumstances might dictate a different answer. If you've got slow groups ahead of you having a fun but slow player with you as a two-some could be welcome company. If there is nobody in front of you and you've got somewhere to be in 4 hours, the quiet fast player is golden.

I play golf to enjoy life, I don't want to have to run between shots, but at the same time I like to keep pace with the course. I think I would truly fall somewhere in the middle for most rounds. Golf should be a social experience as well as a relaxation of life, so if I had to choose one then, I,ll take the slow and fun guy.

Let's say you go out as a single. You are paired with another single on the first tee. Would you rather he be a really nice guy, but painfully slow or quiet and does not say much, but quite fast?

Take the poll above.

The same way i like my women, quiet and fast........hang on, may have that the wrong way round! :D
Also like they say "its always the quites ones". If i play with the "quiet" ones i'll stay out of trees when they go looking foe their "lost ball" just in case.

Back