True Temper Dynamic Gold X7

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Sounds like a great option!
Dynamic Gold X7 golf shafts are the newest addition to the Dynamic Gold family. Dynamic Gold X7 is the irons shaft of choice for today’s stronger, faster swingers who are seeking a low ball flight. Dynamic Gold X7 is available exclusively through True Temper Performance Fitting Centers.
http://www.truetemper.com/products/...d_1200x1024.jpg&utm_campaign=X7 Now Available
tt-_0013_dgxseven-1.png

Saw it in the email blast. Looks really interesting. Better bring it with the swing speed.

Thought the SL in Charl's bag looked interesting.

Outside my capabilities but they make such great shafts I'm sure you heavy hitters will excel with these!

Saw it in the email blast. Looks really interesting. Better bring it with the swing speed.

Thought the SL in Charl's bag looked interesting.

They would fit you great I had them a while ago for sure for a smaller percentage with a high swing speed.

I was told that I hit the ball really high(110-140 foot range) so these interest me. Not sure how much the weight would effect me though.

Last edited:
I'm pretty darn happy with the shafts in my irons, I have no real desire.

I would have thought the weight would have been higher based on the flex.

Stiff haha not a ton different than x 100's but the launch and spin is a drastic difference imo much lower on both.

That's what I thought. The X100s have never been my favorite in terms of feel. The launch and spin sound like a winner.

I'll stick with my aerotech steel fibers. My elbows can't handle real steel anymore.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Calling my beast mode brethren Mr. Miles!! Let's do this!

That's what I thought. The X100s have never been my favorite in terms of feel. The launch and spin sound like a winner.

Agreed. I'd like the TT feel with a PX performance combo myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prior to having Project X 6.0's in my bag, I was using Dynamic Golf S+ shafts in my Mizuno blades. I like the feel that they gave me. I'd be open to putting this in my next set, or at least giving them a try.

Just saw the video. I would definitely like to give these a try as I'm a recent x100 convert!

I was at my clubs range today and was talking to my friend about my X100's and high ball flight. The guy next to us overheard and walked over to introduce himself. He was an Adams Tour player from Missisippi and was down in my area trying to qualify for the SHO. Anyway, he had brand new 716 MB's with X7 shafts in them and let me hit them. They felt great. Almost identical in feeling to my X100's but the ball was much straighter and normal height as opposed to the 35+ yard peak heights I see with the X100's. I was hitting the 6 iron right around 180-185 carry. I'd love to put the X7's in play in a CB head. If you are playing X100's or stiffer shafts the X7's are definitely worth trying.

I was at my clubs range today and was talking to my friend about my X100's and high ball flight. The guy next to us overheard and walked over to introduce himself. He was an Adams Tour player from Missisippi and was down in my area trying to qualify for the SHO. Anyway, he had brand new 716 MB's with X7 shafts in them and let me hit them. They felt great. Almost identical in feeling to my X100's but the ball was much straighter and normal height as opposed to the 35+ yard peak heights I see with the X100's. I was hitting the 6 iron right around 180-185 carry. I'd love to put the X7's in play in a CB head. If you are playing X100's or stiffer shafts the X7's are definitely worth trying.

Nice! The X100's have lowered my flight some but I'm a natural high ball hitter. Would love to get some to try out Only concern with lowering flight would be holding greens. So the spin rate would have to be good as well with the lower flight.

Nice! The X100's have lowered my flight some but I'm a natural high ball hitter. Would love to get some to try out Only concern with lowering flight would be holding greens. So the spin rate would have to be good as well with the lower flight.

To be fair, it's hard to say how much the shaft lowered my ball flight versus the MB head as I'm playing the AP2 head in my X100's. I'm sure the head at least contributed some to the lowered flight. But MB heads also seem to help increase spin compared to most CB's I've tried.

This has been eating away at me, so I decided to hit the 716MB last night for a while with my normal X100 shaft and it was definitely NOT the MB head that was bringing my ball flight down. If it was down any at all compared to my normal ball flight with my 714 AP2/X100 setup, it wasn't immediately obvious by looking at the ball flight. The only difference I observed was an occasional hook that went more left than my normal hook (probably because of added spin from the MB head design). But straight shots still appeared to be 35-40 yards high.

So, with that being said, the X7's were without a doubt solely responsible for the better ball flight I observed when trying out the 716MB/X7 combo. I really want to hit them on a monitor though and would love to hit them in a 714/716 AP2 head.

Got these in a week ago or so:

E742C747-517B-4A81-BE6D-66A2BE184B34_zpsqioayxhj.jpg

And I had them installed in my Hogan PTx irons:

43B57128-9CFD-4984-9D01-4509DAD0069B_zpsuj33jfjd.jpg

I've been able to hit them a few times and will post some thoughts tomorrow.

Curious about what you think. I would imagine they're stiff as hell right?

I'm not able to play or make a ton of swings just yet because I'm dealing with a hand injury, but I wanted to share some immediate thoughts. First, some background on me. I've only been playing golf since mid 2013 and since then have been through a few fittings over the past several years. In mid 2014 I went through a fitting at a Taylormade Performance lab and was fit for KBS Tour X/130 shafts and was averaging a 90+ mph swing speed with a 7 iron with a few reaching 95 mph. I continued to work on an improve my swing and was fit at the end of 2015 by my instructor using FlightScope and found that my average 7 iron speed was 98 mph with a few between 100-101. My instructor wanted to give me an old set of Rifle 7.0 shafts and suggested either C-Taper X or Project X 7.0 shafts if I were to buy new shafts but the stiffest shaft my club had was C-Taper Stiff and Project X 6.5. At the time I was playing Bridgestone J15 CB's with UST Recoil 125 F4 (stiff) and struggled with a ball flight that was over 50 yards high and massively hooked no matter what I did. I was playing better and shooting lower scores the year before with my Taylormade 2014 TP CB's with KBS Tour X/130 shafts. The UST's were horrible for me. I really didn't like the feel of the stepless shafts, but decided to try the X versions at Golfsmith on GC2. I was able to try them in a Mizuno CB head and found that even those launched a few degrees higher than ideal with up to 1k more spin, and still had peak heights of 40+ yards. The X7's weren't available through anyone I could find at the time so I bought a used set of 714 AP2's with X100's to at least get me in the right direction, and they did, but I just hit them too high despite getting good shaft lean/delofting my irons on video during lessons. Then I went to the THP/Hogan event and received the new PTx cb irons with KBS-Tour V 120/X shafts. The shafts were okay, but I was back to hitting 45+ yard high shots that hooked a lot. I ended up playing well with them most of the time during the event but struggled with tempo with them and had to lay the face open at address to minimize the hooks. Jamie, the fitter for Hogan, commented that I needed something heavier/stiffer and then Tyler, the other Hogan rep playing, said the same thing the following day. So that all ultimately led to me giving the X7's a try.

So on to the X7's. These really don't feel much different to me throughout the swing from X100's and they don't feel as boardy to me as the C-Taper X or Project X 7.0's. I'm not saying they don't feel as stiff, but it's just a different feel. My normal carry with a PW is around 135 yards. My AP2/X100 PW would land and stop within a few inches to a foot from their pitch mark, while the PTx/Tour V 120 PW/46 would travel the same distance but fly higher, hook more, and spin back as much as 6 feet. I hit a few shots with my PTx/X7 PW last Friday into a Par 3 from 136 and hit 3/4 on the green with the 4th on the left fringe (a slight pull) and one of the 4 within 6 feet from the hole and pin high. All balls stopped within inches to a foot from their pitch marks. I stopped there for the day because of my hand.

I was out on the course again Monday and hit a few more into the same Par 3, but swinging slightly slower due to the hand and noticed I lost roughly 5 yards carry on some shots. I hit 2 shots with my 30* (6i) PTx/X7 at a pin from 196 and both were lasers. My normal 6 iron would carry 180-185 with my AP2/X100's, but the PTx long irons are hollow and I was carrying it around 195 the weekend of the event. However, both shots were slightly left of the pin and there were very tall trees about 20 yards in front of the green on the left side of the hole that are partially out over the left edge of the fairway. I managed to hit the same tree cluster both times. The trees sent one ball in a ricochet right to just in front of the right greenside bunker and the other slightly left of the green into the rough about 10 yards short of the pin. There is no doubt that either would have been on the green had I been smart enough to plan around the possibility of hitting the trees. I also hit my 50* PTx/X7 a few times at 100 yards using half swings and put 2 balls to within inches of each other. I saw the same thing here, the ball just wanted to fly straight for me.

Each time out I hit a few different balls including 2016 B330-S, 2015 B330-RXS, 2016 Pro V1, 2016 Chrome Soft, and 2016 Project (a). They all responded pretty much the same on the partial shots. However, the Chrome Soft and Project (a) seemed to fly higher and shorter for me on full swings. Surprisingly the RXS seemed to perform more like the B330-S/Pro V1 than it did with the other two. I have, but did not try, 2015 B330 and 2016 Pro V1x balls. I have some 2016 Tour Preferred X balls coming and will try them with the others hopefully this weekend.

I hit a few at the range yesterday as well and was swinging a little better (maybe getting back out there is loosening my hand up). I lasered a pin at 141 and was hitting close to it with a few that carried just beyond it with my 46* (PW). So at this point I'm not sure if the discrepancies I saw in distance on Monday were swing speed, quality of contact, wind, etc.

The biggest takeaway I have so far is that I'm still hitting the ball high. I don't know if it's the Hogan PTx irons causing it at this point or just my aggressive transition. But I feel like the ball flight is closer to 35 yards high than 45 yards and the ball is flying very straight for me so I can't complain. I expect these clubs and shafts to stay in my bag for a long time. I'm excited for my hand to get better because there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be shooting lower scores. The irons alone are more forgiving than my AP2's and led to 5 GIRs in a row on the back 9 Sunday of the Hogan event and that was while compensating for the hook they were causing. Now I'm hitting the ball just as well but don't have to compensate thanks to the X7's.

Interesting read.. I've certainly seen a few of these on the tour i believe.

Back