7 Wood or 3 Hybrid, what I'm missing in my thought process?

7 Wood or 3 Hybrid, what I'm missing in my thought process?

What do you see in your 7wood/hybrid comparison? Other than being straighter, is the distance/ball flight similar?

7w was higher and little longer than the hybrid of the same loft.

I use a 21 degree 7W and I love it. I can hit it from almost any lie.

I use it as a 3I replacement

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

I use an TM Aero 5W HL (21*) which is effectively a 7W with a longer shaft. I prefer this to a 21* hybrid.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Another 7 wood user here. After ongoing frustrations with hybrids I picked up an Xrail 7 wood cheap as an experiment. It worked out so well the 7 wood is now firmly in the bag.

Another 7 wood user here. After ongoing frustrations with hybrids I picked up an Xrail 7 wood cheap as an experiment. It worked out so well the 7 wood is now firmly in the bag.

The TEE XRail line is seriously awesome.

The TEE XRail line is seriously awesome.

They certainly are. Like it so much I tried a TEE 4 wood, not an Xrail but pretty awesome.

I just bought a Aero Burner 7 wood 23 degree stiff flex. I got out on the range with it Monday afternoon and really like the quick high trajectory I get from it. It looked like about a 170 yard carry for me which good. I figure it might come in handy in the fairway bunkers to hopefully clear the high lips and still get some decent yardage. I plan on dumping my 5 hybrid to make room. Now if just stops raining here on the Cape.

Pending what Callaway does with the new Apex, I'll be adding a 7 wood, then dropping my 5 iron to purchase a hybrid for different shots. Off the tee, from the fairway the 7 wood is awesome. From the rough and around the green I use my hybrid way to much to not stay with it right now. Can't go wrong either way. Swing them as much as possible and play what "feels" right.

I dropped my trusty Wilson 7 wood for a hybrid, just more versatile

Back