2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Just made Sundays range session even better. Always look forward to pre round rage time with THPers and now we have a chance at some cool prizes.

I said I wasn't going to post this, but I am going to anyway. This weekend, you all will probably meet the most important person in my life (outside of GG). As some of you know, Hammock Beach holds a special place in my heart, because it reminds me what hard work, clean living and honesty will will get you. It reminds me that doing the right thing in life, throughout can still mean something. My parents retired to this area when it was being built and my father, is one of the main reasons that THP exists to some extent. He taught me about drive, work ethic and doing the right thing and that if you do that long enough and think big picture and creatively, good things happen.

He taught me that we will never please everybody, and despite trying, its impossible, but what you can do is surround yourself with incredibly smart people, listen to their feedback and learn from those that have ideas. That if you do things right for people, they respond by doing things right for you. Hammock Beach is a lesson to me in all of those things. While everybody talks about their parents and what they mean and close family, its something I don't usually bring here, because its filled with long stories on a bit of a personal level that is too much for text.

When I was born my father gave up the sport due to cost and time. He didn't pick it up again for close to 20 years and in retirement deserves this more than just about anybody I know. As he has gotten older, the game deteriorates but the love for it doesn't and as he has said numerous times to me. If you are not playing well, take a step back and look around at the scenery of Hammock Beach and you can no longer be too upset. I am not a big fan of the word deserve as many of you know, but in this case, my father deserves to see a THP Event done right. He deserves to see me smile at a job and career that I love, because of the people here in this community. He deserves to see his resort shine in the light that will bring smiles to each of you, as it is more than a golf course.

He might come out, he might not, but I am hoping he does for a little bit to see what is happening and the impact that it can have on the world of golf. This event is bigger than me, each of you and certainly this community of people. The feedback given and the articles and reviews that follow will have a pretty big impact on the golf industry as a whole. Its something that has been a long time coming. Between the format and getting it right, the planning and most importantly, being able to bring it to a place that is extremely special to me that I do not get to visit as often as I would like.

This weekend I get to share this special moment with the two most influential people in my life, my wonderful wife that makes me want to work harder to be the best person I can be and my father that put the thoughts in place to set lofty goals and work towards them, the right way, despite any low level obstacles that come up. This weekend is more than just a few rounds of golf to me. Its the culmination of every event we have done to date and everything I have worked for to date. With that said I have three requests to you, as part of my THP Family, for this weekend.

1. Remember to respect the process of the event. It is far bigger and impactful than you could ever imagine.
2. Respect the course/resort because of how special of a place it is to me personally.
3. Have the best damn time you could ever imagine.

I look forward to seeing everybody and cannot wait to kick off THP Club Clash.

Damn this is going to be downright freaking spectacular.

Really hope we get to meet him, JB. Few things cooler than meeting the guy behind the guy.

The things you ask will be done.

Thanks for sharing JB. I hope he does as well. I'm sure everyone will be respectful of the process. I know I personally can't wait to get this thing rolling.

I hope that your dad will make it out to check out what you and GG have worked to build. It will be honor and a privilege for us to met you dad!!

Well, I'm more ready than ever for this now.

I'm sure your father is something special. I'll bet he has a big smile on his face the whole time especially when he is with you. I'm sure he is very proud!

I don't think we can say thank you enough. I am sure each and every golfer in this event will do their best to assist in making this one of a kind!!!

BTW, whose palm do we have to grease for a little sway with Mama Nature?

Excited to be a part of this event. Will do my best to make sure it is a great one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As dad with older kids there is nothing more joyful than to read something like you wrote JB ... and I mean nothing better ... I look forward to the event and I hope I get to meet your dad.

As a kid with a dad I may sometimes take for granted. I will never take for granted his drive, his work ethic, and his willingness to persevere through hard time. We have a few special places that mean a lot to us. So for you to show us this, I know what that means to you and feel honored to be a part of it. And can only hope I help make this an event you can be proud of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO weather talk.

Seriously.

Not nature, but who's palm do I have to grease to get the wind to make my drives actually go straight

Wow JB I really feel what you are trying to convey here. I'm sure he is a proud father and you and GG deserve this as well for all the hard work on your part. It will be awesome to follow along and share in an experience that means so much. Good luck to all this weekend and make it one to remember.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not nature, but who's palm do I have to grease to get the wind to make my drives actually go straight
Haha, there is a chance that the ball may come back at us at some point.

Some good words JB. I do understand why your father gave up the game for 20 years, as I did the same for 10. Our children are first priority in our lives. I have heard your talk about Hammock beach and how great the place is for your parents. I can't believe we get the chance to experience it with THP.
And I will do my best to live up to the steps that you have put out there.
Respect the process of the event.
Respect the course/resort
And, I will have a great time.

I have been looking at pictures all day today, and I cannot wait to get to experience this place and these courses.

And to share it with THP'ers and some I consider family? Yes. Heck. Yes.

I have been looking at pictures all day today, and I cannot wait to get to experience this place and these courses.

And to share it with THP'ers and some I consider family? Yes. Heck. Yes.

some family, and me. Going to be great

Not to freak anyone out, but did anyone take a real look at the course????? 13 holes w/ water on the Ocean Course and I am not talking the ocean water!!! LOL I haven't played a Florida course since 2000 and that was at Disney. Any gators on this course to steal my B330s's?????

Everyone that walks by my office keeps poking their head in asking if my head is really here at work. I should have just taken off the week. I can't concentrate, too excited.

Not to freak anyone out, but did anyone take a real look at the course????? 13 holes w/ water on the Ocean Course and I am not talking the ocean water!!! LOL I haven't played a Florida course since 2000 and that was at Disney. Any gators on this course to steal my B330s's?????

Everyone that walks by my office keeps poking their head in asking if my head is really here at work. I should have just taken off the week. I can't concentrate, too excited.

Florida rule for water: assume there's always a gator in or nearby, especially if you see turtles in the water or on the banks. Keeping that in mind, you'll be fine.

I have to admit that now that is is just a few days away I am a bit nervous. The struggle getting off the tee has been real for sometime now. I have seen a good bit of improvement as the last few times out (1 round and 1 range session), but I want to do this event justice and knowing that my swing can disappear quickly has me anxious. Gonna give it my very best effort for better or for worse.

Back