Well with news of a new Mizuno Shaft optimizer , i figured was time to try, HMMMMMM

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
I have always felt, little lighter, higher launch shafts are better fit for me. Now at 44 years old i thought i would try and find a new set and go with graphite shafts in them.

Well here are the top 3 shafts i got recommended to me by the new program.

1. Project X LZ 6.0
2. AMT Tour White S
3.0 Dynamic Gold 120 s

Also it shot out a 63 degree lie angle recommendation, again another surprise i have always liked a little flat.

here are my numbers

Head Speed - 77
tempo - 7.67
toe down - 9.00
kick angle - 8.00
release factor 2.00

I have been doing all this in hopes of getting a set figured out this week between Taylormade M5 and the Cobra F9, but now i don't know what direction as i hoped to get Recoil 95 or 110 in the cobras, or TGI 80 in the M5s, now i just don't know. And Project X LZ is not a standard option .

any opinion or insight would be appreciated.

Interesting. How do you feel about the recommendations? Have you followed this up with trying some of these shafts with a club set up per the recommendations?

Interesting. How do you feel about the recommendations? Have you followed this up with trying some of these shafts with a club set up per the recommendations?

This all happened about 30 min ago, and i did try the LZ ina Mizuno HM pro, and liked it a lot, first time i have every tried it even though i have been interested in a while. then he put a $-Taper in a F9 head and said it was similar, felt good, although what i have seen seems to say it's not all that similar but i can be wrong. I have just been so set on graphite as i would like the a set to last me next 4-5 years, and be a little easier on the joint and less effort to swing etc... I also don't want to get a set and settle i guess you can say and force myself to get a shaft that just isn't right for me.

This all happened about 30 min ago, and i did try the LZ ina Mizuno HM pro, and liked it a lot, first time i have every tried it even though i have been interested in a while. then he put a $-Taper in a F9 head and said it was similar, felt good, although what i have seen seems to say it's not all that similar but i can be wrong. I have just been so set on graphite as i would like the a set to last me next 4-5 years, and be a little easier on the joint and less effort to swing etc... I also don't want to get a set and settle i guess you can say and force myself to get a shaft that just isn't right for me.

I'm in a similar situation. Irons are maybe the hardest to fit with all of the options out there. I don't know how accurate the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer is and was curious how much credence you have for the recommendations. I wonder, does it even recommend graphite iron shafts or is it limited to stock offerings for Mizuno?

I'm in a similar situation. Irons are maybe the hardest to fit with all of the options out there. I don't know how accurate the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer is and was curious how much credence you have for the recommendations. I wonder, does it even recommend graphite iron shafts or is it limited to stock offerings for Mizuno?

Good question, but i am guessing with my toe down reading, if i am reading it correctly that i would need something fairly tip stiff (more than what most graphite have ) for my swing, or how the optimizer determined it.

Back