Titleist C16 Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hitting the USGA Conforming list today is the new rumored driver from Titleist. You can clearly see what looks like some moveable weighting system as well as similar tech such as their adjustable hosel and Recoil Channel.

I expect you hear a lot about this one in the next few months.

C16-L.jpg

Judging by the location of the move able weights, they are looking to really get into the lateral (fade/draw) bias settings. Interesting...

Definitely an interesting look to this one. I enjoy Titleist driver offerings though and would be curious to hit it.

Man how boring looking! I know its about how it performs but I really struggle paying good $$$ for something that looks so meh.

If it is going to cost what I have heard, I would need to sell one of my kids to afford it. Lol.

What player is this one going to be aimed at ? Player, GI, SGI?

The placement of those weights is intriguing. I am looking forward to hearing more about this one.

Maybe this is the one that will finally knock my 910D2 out of the bag, we will see....

It looks good. I've always liked Titleist drivers. And if what Kang is hinting at above means fade bias, then me definitely likey. Will depend on price point and spin for me.

That design and colour scheme isn't really floating my boat. I'm not too fond of crazy colours and graphics on my clubs but this one is too bland imo

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Man how boring looking! I know its about how it performs but I really struggle paying good $$$ for something that looks so meh.

Lol that's exactly why I like it! I like simple. Different strokes for different folks!

The plate on the bottom reminds me of the 910 - loved my 910 D2 with Kali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titleist is very meh for me. the only product they've released in the last 5 years that i've paid any attention to is the t-mb line of irons. other than that, it's like they refuse to cater to anyone who needs forgiveness and launch help. probably just my perception, though.

titleist is very meh for me. the only product they've released in the last 5 years that i've paid any attention to is the t-mb line of irons. other than that, it's like they refuse to cater to anyone who needs forgiveness and launch help. probably just my perception, though.

I used to think this too, but the recent AP1 heads have been pretty darn forgiving IMO. And the 913D2 and 915D2 are quite solid in the forgiveness categories as well - not the MOST forgiving out there mind you, but no slouches either.

I actually like the looks form an aesthetic standpoint. Interested to see and hear more about this one.

That design and colour scheme isn't really floating my boat. I'm not too fond of crazy colours and graphics on my clubs but this one is too bland imo

unless I'm color blind, that's a black & white photo. How do you know what the colors look like?

unless I'm color blind, that's a black & white photo. How do you know what the colors look like?
I thought it was just black and silver. Lol

The look has a little bit of 910D to it, which is a good thing. Seems like another incremental improvement on the 915 perhaps by splitting the one weight into two for more adjustability.
It's early but I can't wait to hit it and see what's up!

Will the public adjust to the concept of forgiveness via moveable weights in their Titleist?

Definitely interested to hear more about this one. Wonder if the moveable weights is to make it a more forgiving option?

It looks like it is made for the JDM market, not NA in my opinion.

Whoa. That looks a little too progressive for Titleist

A hold off on serious comments until in hand photos come out but initial thoughts on those weight ports is that it looks more like the Nike Flex Driver thing and I'm not a fan of that at all!

My question is, how is this going to affect the value of my 915D2???? Titleist only brings clubs out every 2 years as it should be!

:alien::alien::alien:

Interesting looking tech, looks like it would be deeper with a weight at the heel for forgiving and draw bias, and possible further forward and to the toe for a more neutral or fade balance.

Back