New show on Golf Channel - Como Concepts

-CRW-

Reaction score
New show on Golf Channel - Como Concepts

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/como-concepts-experts-join-chris-comos-series

I just learned about this today, so I missed last nights episode. Anyone watch it? I thought there has been a lot of good information in Cameron McCormick's Skill Code series so I’m excited to follow this one.

Como is usually somewhat, or even very, technical so it will be interesting to see how in depth he goes in this series, or if it’s simplified for the common viewer.

Am I going to be the first to make a Shotmakers joke?

Am I going to be the first to make a Shotmakers joke?

Not exactly the same. Shotmakers was a competition series. Como Concepts is more like The Skill Code or any of the other teaching series.

Both McCormicks and Como's content is already available for a fee from Revolution Golf as part of their online library.

I've got it waiting for me on the DVR, pretty excited to watch it.

I watched 10 minutes of the first episode before going to play 9 holes and, like an idiot, tried to work on this “axe” drill Como says Trevor Immelman came up with. It didn’t go well. I shanked my way thru 3 holes before going to the range. I did get it figured out on the range and it worked well for me.

As a feel player, I can’t/wont watch 2 minutes of a technical swing teacher. If I hear it from another room I cringe. It creeps into my subconscious and my swing is done for a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched it this evening. Happy that I have it on the DVR, because it may take me a second watch to digest all of it. I felt like it was quite technical, even for someone that feels like he knows a fair amount about this stuff. I'm interested to see where this show goes in the future.

Is it just once a week?
I ordered the skill code. Waste of money. Lots of content but no depth.
Curious on this one.

Is it just once a week?
I ordered the skill code. Waste of money. Lots of content but no depth.
Curious on this one.

From what I can tell through my channel guide, it is once a week on Monday evenings on the Golf Channel.

It does show to have repeat airings this week at various times.

I saw an episode about increasing speed. I wasn't impressed, but then again I don't really care about speed. I'll give it another shot though.

I liked the first episode, though I understand some of the discussion was a little technical. I spent some more time trying the axe drill and that feel doesn't work for me at the moment.

The second episode was very boring for me. It was basically a core/lower body stretch routine. It also seems very cheaply produced and quickly thrown together.

Hopefully there is a little more content in the next episode or I will probably give up on this one.

Looks good, I like instructional shows, wish they had more on during the off times, and anything is better than Feherty or The Legend of Bagger Vance.

anything is better than Feherty or The Legend of Bagger Vance.

I second the call for anything other than Bagger Vance. That movie is so poor. How Will Smith and Matt Damon got roped into that is absolutely beyond me.....

Chris is a good friend of mine and I'm a pretty smart guy. That being said, last week we were sitting next to each other at a poker game and one of TVs was on golf channel and and I just looked at him when he said something on tv and said what da heck are u talking about. He's so far out of my realm on some things that I think it's going to take a certain type of viewer to appeal to. He's working with Dechambeau and that has to be a match made in heaven

That’s right up my alley, but the glorified stretching routine was, IMO, a wasted episode for the cerebral viewer.

That’s right up my alley, but the glorified stretching routine was, IMO, a wasted episode for the cerebral viewer.

Blair o Neal with her legs in the air can never be a waste of time. Blasphemy ������

Blair o Neal with her legs in the air can never be a waste of time. Blasphemy ������

I can multitask. Give me some good info and a good view.

This weeks episode was amazing and much better than the first. Talked to Chris and he said week 1 was a necessary evil to setup the rest of the show and I commend him for that If u missed this week and want xtra distance without swinging faster then it's a must watch

Does GC play this more than once?

Does GC play this more than once?

It's a series. I've seen it listed on the guide multiple times and Xfinity has all episodes available on demand.

This weeks episode was amazing and much better than the first. Talked to Chris and he said week 1 was a necessary evil to setup the rest of the show and I commend him for that If u missed this week and want xtra distance without swinging faster then it's a must watch

I think so too. I hope he gets more into feels/techniques like the "axe drill" in the first episode. But I know there are tons of golfers who don't understand the basics of launch numbers or how to optimize their own numbers.

I thought this show was cancelled already, but it looks like it was on a short break:

S01 E04 · Ground Reaction Force
Jun 3, 2019

S01 E05 · Backswing Builder
Jun 17, 2019

The Ground Reaction Force episode was a little better. It was a step up from the stretching episode, but still not what I expected from Como. It's basically 30 minutes of golf specific exercises.

Back