Any historians out there???

BigBear

Reaction score
Handicap
I have bought a set of Maxfli/Dunlop Australian Blades for £5 from the dump.

Couldn’t resist!

Looking online it seems the range became popular in the mid 70’s and fizzled out in the early 90’s.

I can’t find any picture filled Chronological archive of these irons so I was hoping someone clever might be able to shed some light on when they were produced and maybe a bit more history.

b102fb632d01e354d66c00fdc800e65f.jpg

67ad5af4dce17964b6ec5500fbdd4648.jpg

Scary bit is the pitching wedge goes perfectly between my current Cleveland PW and Gap Wedge and is far more accurate.

Taking them for 9 holes tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found this website which is very thought provoking:

Ralphmaltby.com look at the mpf icon

Just found this website which is very thought provoking:

Ralphmaltby.com look at the mpf icon

Ralphmaltby.com/mpf/page/1/ is a better link

Thanks for all the feedback

It’s probably lofted midway between your current PW and GW. I never had an issue hitting tiny little blades in PW but I’d stand in terror if I was forced to carry 200 with that 3i in my hand, lol. I’ll take my Epics 4i’s forgiveness any day. That looks like a hand stinging 3i!

Nice score at any rate. I’ve got a couple old sets that are similar.

Took these out for s round and it was interesting. All clubs performed well but the forgiveness let me down badly on the long irons.

Positive is I bent my current gap wedge to the same loft as this SW and it has sorted my nemesis hole at my course.

I think it is a great find.
If nothing else I believe they would make great range practice tools. Scary looking, even for a blade... Nothing wrong with that though when you pull it off.

Back