Do You Have FOMO with Golf Equipment?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
FOMO - Fear of Missing Out

When it comes to equipment whether that be clubs, shafts, balls or Headcovers, is it something that hits you?

This is probably the first year I haven't with the exception of one product on the market....smart grips. I definitely feel like I'm missing out in that regard.

Clubs, shafts, balls no... but headcovers, accessories yes

holy crap yes. it’s a vicious and expensive cycle of refusing to believe it’s me, not the clubs. so of course that other club will be the solution i need! except it’s not. not ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is definitely something that hits me. But reality says I can't buy everything on the market.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FOMO - no. Compulsive need to try/tinker just because it's new and you want to know feedback on it - hell yeah. speaking of which, the need to try the new hzrdus smoke yellow is real right now.

Absolutely. I'm an equipment junkie and love trying new things out. There are some areas that it hits me harder than others but it's always fun comparing. Luckily I have a really sweet setup this year so it's not bad but in the past I've been a little twitchy when new stuff comes out.

Do You Have FOMO with Golf Equipment?

Equipment, yes. Accessories, no. I see new irons and drivers and wedges and get hypnotized. I try said equipment, shank a shot, then proceed to look at the golf club like it all of the sudden malfunctioned during my swing!! Sadly, it’s never the equipment and always operator error.

It’s fun to see/hear everyone talk about new golf equipment on the putting green or the first tee before a round starts. Hope and expectations are so high at that point in day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is probably the first year I haven't with the exception of one product on the market....smart grips. I definitely feel like I'm missing out in that regard.
This is me, except for the smart grips. It's a weird feeling having no desire for anything else.

Usually with shafts and not so much my clubs. I have my gear I like and appreciate other bags, but with so many options with shafts (woods especially) it makes it hard to resist tinkering.

It used to be, but then kids , college tuitions, etc came along and it curbed that impulse. Now I typically admire and don’t act on that nagging desire.

Yes and no. The OEM clubs are way out of my price range, but I still have to be careful to not chase new stuff from the small custom club makers I like. It’s a lot cheaper, but only if you can control yourself.

Nope.I am old ( and poor) enough that I don't fall into the "don't want to miss out " trap.I usually buy used or last years model because I have found out that the newest is not always best for me,whether it's clubs,new version of balls or even electronics items.

Reactions: Ooo
Guilty. Also searching for that magic that could exist in a new head or shaft or ball or putter haha

Only with Ben Hogan Golf. Perfectly happy with the PTx irons but FOMO regarding the PTx PRo irons just released. With everything else, for the most part, I just research and shop when a need arises of I feel an upgrade is necessary. This was not always the case.

Im not sure it FOMO more than just wanting to try everything

If I had the money I probably would fall in this category.

I live in Iowa, so FOMO is my life...
GolfUSA stopped carrying Cobra... F9 fomo

No UST tourspx fitters anywhere near... recoil proto fomo, attas fomo, helium 49x fomo

No good seafood around.... ceviche fomo

Yes, sir! Very sad..............
Golf is my hobby and vice in life.
This will change when I retire as my wife and I will be playing more and she will know what is in my bag.
In addition, I won't have a top 100 golf shop to hang out drooling, no demo days, and no work place to ship purchases.

I have no FOMO over new equipment or accessories, but do have FOMO with whatever I am currently playing. My bag rarely changes year to year due to my golfing frequency, budget, and at my skill level usually the golfer needs to get fixed before the clubs, but new clubs do help if fitted properly. Because of that I am usually hesitant to try something new and spend $$$ each year.

I live in Iowa, so FOMO is my life...
GolfUSA stopped carrying Cobra... F9 fomo

No UST tourspx fitters anywhere near... recoil proto fomo, attas fomo, helium 49x fomo

No good seafood around.... ceviche fomo

Ceviche FOMO is rough

Kind of, but thankfully I know to stay in control financially (most of the time) so I don't let that feeling get me in trouble.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back