Installed a new putting green yesterday.

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I posted this in the “What golf stuff did you do today” thread but thought it should be here as well.

I ordered a putting green from Pro Putt systems about 10 days ago and it came in yesterday. They make several standard sizes or any custom size green. I have the 5’9” by 15’ 8”. I had a man cave with a 15’ X 15’ Putting green in my old house in California that we sold last year and I found myself really missing it especially during the long Minnesota winter months. This one putts great at a 10 STIMP and where I installed it the left edge in the photo is on an area rug which means those two holes that sit over the area rug are breaking putts. I’ve only had about 20 minutes on it but I’ll report back in a few days with more thoughts once I have more time on it. So far I really like having the 5 different holes to putt to and it’s just big enough for my needs without getting in the way(passes the wife acceptance factor). The distance between the farthest holes is 13’9” and realistically, it’s putts that length and shorter that I need to improve at. It can also be used outside and it wouldn’t be hard to roll up the carpet, break it down into 3 pieces, and move it. The bad news is they are pricey, this one was $1,968. Set up took me only 35 minutes, the base is a modular design that just snaps together.

7628827f7d3527deecf5939cbd875452.jpg

04e2b8a87ee249a78330e6419138b1ff.jpg

08c76420fb1ac12490e10a87f4bcacca.jpg

That looks great! I am very jealous!

I posted this in the “What golf stuff did you do today” thread but thought it should be here as well.

I ordered a putting green from Pro Putt systems about 10 days ago and it came in yesterday. They make several standard sizes or any custom size green. I have the 5’9” by 15’ 8”. I had a man cave with a 15’ X 15’ Putting green in my old house in California that we sold last year and I found myself really missing it especially during the long Minnesota winter months. This one putts great at a 10 STIMP and where I installed it the left edge in the photo is on an area rug which means those two holes that sit over the area rug are breaking putts. I’ve only had about 20 minutes on it but I’ll report back in a few days with more thoughts once I have more time on it. So far I really like having the 5 different holes to putt to and it’s just big enough for my needs without getting in the way(passes the wife acceptance factor). The distance between the farthest holes is 13’9” and realistically, it’s putts that length and shorter that I need to improve at. It can also be used outside and it wouldn’t be hard to roll up the carpet, break it down into 3 pieces, and move it. The bad news is they are pricey, this one was $1,968. Set up took me only 35 minutes, the base is a modular design that just snaps together.

Very nice.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

That’s really cool, $2k doesn’t seem horrible for something you’ll get a lot of use out of. Congrats

That’s really cool, $2k doesn’t seem horrible for something you’ll get a lot of use out of. Congrats

Yep, a good ping pong table can cost $1,500 or more. I have an 8th grade daughter who is playing her first year of high school golf and really getting serious about the game. I told my wife that our daughter really “needs” this indoor green. My wife of course just laughed at my attempted justification!:act-up:

Very cool. Looks very high quality

Thanks for sharing that. I’m looking at doing something like that outside.

That's really nice looking and the pricing is where I would expected to be.
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
That's a great addition! I'd love something like that in my garage.

Great addition!!!!

On certain weekends in the summer when we are entertaining I may move it outside on the pool deck. I think my son and I could tilt it on edge and move the base that weighs about 150 lbs. in one piece outside through the double doors right next to where it currently sits. If not it would be easy to break into 2 or 3 pieces and in 5 minutes or less it would be set up outside.

I've considered one of these so I'm looking forward to your feedback as time goes on.

That is really nice looking

Looks like an awesome setup! I'm sure you and your daughter will get many hours of enjoyment out of it for years.

That looks fantastic, great job! Uber jealous over here!

Does this hold up outside?

Very nice though by the way. Extremely jealous!

On certain weekends in the summer when we are entertaining I may move it outside on the pool deck. I think my son and I could tilt it on edge and move the base that weighs about 150 lbs. in one piece outside through the double doors right next to where it currently sits. If not it would be easy to break into 2 or 3 pieces and in 5 minutes or less it would be set up outside.

I'd love to be able to do it inside but I don't really have a good place to put it.

Looks great. I would like to do something similar in my backyard.

How is the grass installed? It's the same consistency each time you put it down? Doesn't tear or anything like that right?

Sorry I've looked on the website but it doesn't talk about the carpet install part of it

I envy your setup Tahoe.

I wasn't able to talk to the performance center guys before you pulled the trigger during your research, but it looks like you hit a home run.
I also can just imagine watching the golf channel with that TV placement while on your new putting green. Yes Sir!

Looks great man!

Looks great man!

Has anyone put these on thicker carpet? Does it have enough weight to it to stay put without sinking down whenever you step on it?

Back