How many shots to make a hole in one?

Bunker Snot

TEEm aspirations!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw this on Facebook. European Tour - Andy Sullivan has 500 shots to make a hole in one

More Detail - With a day and 500 balls to play with on the 171-yard par three 11th hole on the Heritage Course at London Golf Club, we challenged the three-time European Tour winner to defy the odds.Could Englishman Sullivan succeed where Italian Edoardo Molinari and South African Brandon Stone could not and find that one, perfect shot?

Read more at https://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/news/newsid=368772.html#rTVbzHAwJMBQAlhz.99

Any speculation as to how many shots it would take you? Repeatedly hitting the same shot is it really a hole in one? Would you take the challenge if given the chance?

Last edited:
How far is the shot?

I’ve been trying for 20 years. I will let you know how many when it happens......

His reactions are great.

That was a fun watch. His reactions were excellent. It would probably take well over 500 shots to make one, I'm on year 23 without one.

I would love to try the challenge, would make for a fun and long day though! The whole time I was feeling bad for the green getting a beating with all the ball marks (assuming during each break someone runs out and fixes a few at a time it, but just a guess).

I think my arms would drop off before I managed to get a hole in one.

I've been playing for 40 years. Underestimate for easy math - 20 rounds a year, 800 rounds, 4 par 3's per round = 3,200 chances without a hole in one.... but I have holed many shots from 50 to 210 yards from the fairway... I love this game!

That was a fun watch! Thank you for that. His reactions were awesome!

For me I could hit 1000 shots and probably not get one in. I have a hard enough time hitting the green on par 3's haha

I have watched a few of these in the past year and it's great to see someone actually hit a Hole in "one"

#230 huh. He really hit some quality shots there multiple times. I would seriously be tired as hell if I had to hit that many of the same iron over & over again.

#230 huh. He really hit some quality shots there multiple times. I would seriously be tired as hell if I had to hit that many of the same iron over & over again.

Yeah not sure I would be able to hit the green by shot #230

As of right now, infinity shots.

I've been golfing for roughly 22 years now and still don't have one so I'd probably need a few days haha.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Been playing for over 40 years and had 2 in 1986 about a month apart. Nothing since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

500 shots to make a hole in one!!

500 shots to make a hole in one!!

Andy Sullivan was given 500 shots to make a hole in one......here’s what happened.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Might be one of my favourite guys on tour, says it how it is and doesn't mess about.

Great video too, no spoilers ;)

That was cool! Loved his self talk. It shows you he believes in a positive mindset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merged threads together. So much fun I watched again!

Whenever I watch one of these, I try to NOT see how long the video is to be sure I don't inadvertently give it away to myself. They can do anything with dramatic music, or a pause to pull you in and then tease you with a shot 3 inches away. What is great (not saying which video), but the ones where the first shot is within a foot or two, and their reaction is insane! Do all this set up with cameras, the golf course, people, then nail it within 5 shots would be EPIC!!!

A guy in my weekend group just got his 5th yesterday.

His reactions were so good!!! By far the best one and one of the better golf videos I’ve seen. The Euro Tour absolutely kills it with their content!

Edoardo Molinari and Brandon Stone have also taken the challenge:

Back