Few Orlando Courses

AUWU11

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 GHIN
I'm going on a business trip in June to Orlando. I know about the Disney courses, but I also found these 3 courses very close to my hotel. Any input?

Hawk's Landing
Shingle Creek
Falcon's Fire

I have never played any of those but have heard good things about Shingle. Hopefully some local guys will see this post and chime in.

i would avoid hawk's landing. it's not bad, just kind of an after-thought and the upkeep is bare minimum. overpriced for what it is.

shingle went through a re-design recently. from what i've heard, it's kinda silly now. but i haven't played it so i can't say for sure.

falcon's fire is always fun. i would definitely recommend.

let me know where you're staying and i can make some recommendations. i'd love to meet up and play a round with you.

I have tentative plans to be in Orlando around June 6-8 with plans to play Orange County National. When are you going to be up there?

wonder if I can get to Orlando in June...let the wife, mother, and kid go to Disney and I play golf...Grew up in FL burned out on Disney but wife and son have never been.

I'm going on a business trip in June to Orlando. I know about the Disney courses, but I also found these 3 courses very close to my hotel. Any input?

Hawk's Landing
Shingle Creek
Falcon's Fire

I've only played Hawk's Landing years ago. I thought it was a fun course, kinda odd but enjoyable. A bit overpriced but shouldn't be bad in June. It was in very good shape when I played it years ago, if that's not the case now then that would change things. I haven't played the other two.

Grand Cypress is also nearby and is beloved by THPers far and wide. I enjoy the New Course there.

Celebration is just a bit farther away and in the past has been very reasonable in the summer, and I really like it. Past that are the Reunion courses which are probably my favorite of the resort courses in that area.

I have tentative plans to be in Orlando around June 6-8 with plans to play Orange County National. When are you going to be up there?

I'll be there June 8-10th. Most likely will be playing a late afternoon round on the 8th due to flight arrival.

i would avoid hawk's landing. it's not bad, just kind of an after-thought and the upkeep is bare minimum. overpriced for what it is.

shingle went through a re-design recently. from what i've heard, it's kinda silly now. but i haven't played it so i can't say for sure.

falcon's fire is always fun. i would definitely recommend.

let me know where you're staying and i can make some recommendations. i'd love to meet up and play a round with you.

I'm staying in the Lake Buena Vista area. I'm definitely in for meeting up and playing a round together!

I'm staying in the Lake Buena Vista area. I'm definitely in for meeting up and playing a round together!

pm me when it gets closer and we'll see if we can make it work. schedule should be pretty flexible at that time.

Hawk’s Landing is a typical resort course. If it were 40 bucks, I’d say that’s not horrible. Any more though and you’re spending too much for what it is.

Shingle Creek, I personally love. Tricky but fair layout, and some complex, tricky greens. Very undulating, but you can use that to your advantage when out of position.
One logistics scribe though which I understand, but also a pain in the butt, is there lightning warning system. If lightning strikes within 15 miles of the course, they blow the horn and you have to come off the course. No problem with that. The mandatory 30min holding pattern that resets every lightning strike in that circle however... pain in the butt. Two lightning strikes kept me off the course for an hour. So annoying.

pm me when it gets closer and we'll see if we can make it work. schedule should be pretty flexible at that time.

Will do!

Played Falcons Fire twice before, pretty nice track! No problems the first time, but the second was a 6 hour round. Not sure which is more common, but just letting you know.

Played Falcons Fire twice before, pretty nice track! No problems the first time, but the second was a 6 hour round. Not sure which is more common, but just letting you know.

the longer rounds are more the norm there. it gets a ton of play.

Shingle Creek is right next to my office and always looks to be in excellent condition when I drive by. Love Falcon's Fire, but it has been a few years since I played it last. Hope you enjoy your trip! June in Orlando can get brutal. Drink loads of water.

Of the three take Falcons Fire. Great course and always in great shape. Very nice people there. Used to play the old Shingle Creek. New one I have not played but many friends played and not impressed.

Back