PING G410 Hybrid Review

Just a simple typo, it happens.

No doubt. Was just kidding around.

Driver is now set. Thinking next week I may dial the 410 hybrids in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit this so well this morning it was hard to not pull the trigger. Feel is slightly harder than the Apex 19 hybrid but not a deal breaker. I'm betting this club would really come to life with a custom fitting. Looks like a 3H could be finding its way to the bag really soon.

So I have been really enjoying the 4 at 22* in flat lie, but I went with the Tensei Blue shaft and have been getting a slightly higher launch and spin than I want. I called 2nd Swing to see how much it would cost me to trade this one back for an Even Flow Black. To my surprise they gave me an RMA for a full refund - I just have to pay to ship back.

So now I have the 4H and a 3H heading my way with the PX EF Black shaft. I really love these heads in the flat lie! This combo should tighten up my dispersion and lower my spin just enough.

It’s funny.

I’ve got total confidence in these two clubs, and changing the shaft out hasn’t even been a consideration for me.

I went with the Ping Tour Reg shaft and hate it. Hook city. Already ordered the Alta Stiff. I'll fix this bad boy.

I went with the Ping Tour Reg shaft and hate it. Hook city. Already ordered the Alta Stiff. I'll fix this bad boy.

I've been testing the G410 hybrids at the range since they came out.
Given I am a short knocker (usually hit my 4h about 175-180 and 5h about 165-170) I always grab the stock R flex. For me both the Alta R and the Tensei CK Blue Pro R were a bit inconsistent for me.
Yesterday I tried them with the Tensei Blue stiff and it felt heavy through the ball and my results were poor. I tried the Alta stiff and whoa... what a difference. Nice high flight and most of all I felt like my results were repeatable. Baby draw with mostly every setting...and adding loft just seemed to add height without the hook spin. In the flat lie setting I hit a gentle push but preferred the baby draw of the normal lie settings.
I liked what I saw so much that I am doing the uTry it program with the 4h/Alta stiff on GlobalGolf to try it on the course first before committing $249.

I've been testing the G410 hybrids at the range since they came out.
Given I am a short knocker (usually hit my 4h about 175-180 and 5h about 165-170) I always grab the stock R flex. For me both the Alta R and the Tensei CK Blue Pro R were a bit inconsistent for me.
Yesterday I tried them with the Tensei Blue stiff and it felt heavy through the ball and my results were poor. I tried the Alta stiff and whoa... what a difference. Nice high flight and most of all I felt like my results were repeatable. Baby draw with mostly every setting...and adding loft just seemed to add height without the hook spin. In the flat lie setting I hit a gentle push but preferred the baby draw of the normal lie settings.
I liked what I saw so much that I am doing the uTry it program with the 4h/Alta stiff on GlobalGolf to try it on the course first before committing $249.

Thanks. I have no doubt it's the shaft as I have the 3H G400 and it's a solid club for me. I ordered this Reg as I had the Tour 65 R in my G400 Max driver at the time than went to the Tour 65 Stiff and it was like it just came alive. I didn't bother trying to order the lefty Tour 65 stiff hybrid shaft as I'm done with waiting too long. Figure the standard Alta will get here alot quicker.

I'll just play the G400 until the new Alta stiff shaft arrives.

Anyone else spend some time with these yet?

Still crazy to me that the 4h has got me back into the hybrid in that spot train as opposed to the U’s I was confident would be there through the season.

I’ve got the 3h, 4h, and 5h. I’m a pretty short hitter and they’ve been good to me. If I swing smooth and follow thru a nice slight draw and high flight. I’m torn on the 5 and probably switch back to a 5 iron for a while once the ground dries up a bit. I’ve also got the G410 irons, 3 Wood, and driver. Spent a small fortune on Equipment this year but enjoying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My 3H and 4H arrive today. Now if the rain will at least slow down...

Testing the NV in the 4h and wow the change from the Alta. Lower launch, and spin, which on a personal level isn’t great, but my efficiency is up and so too is ball speed. 143 with a 4h is pretty salty.

Anyone else spend some time with these yet?

Still crazy to me that the 4h has got me back into the hybrid in that spot train as opposed to the U’s I was confident would be there through the season.

I got my 4h in with stiff Alta on globalgolf’s UTry it program.

I hit plenty of side by side shots on the course and it simply felt heavy and clunky through the ball compared to my Exotics Xrail that’s been in the bag forever.

Out of about 10 shots I’d say that one was very good. The rest usually low and left.
I fooled around with the settings and still managed to draw the ball even in the flat settings.
Maybe things will change during the next round but if not it will be going back.

Crazy thing is I hit the same setup on Tues and it was money. Crazy how the swing can change from day to day

I got my 4h in with stiff Alta on globalgolf’s UTry it program.

I hit plenty of side by side shots on the course and it simply felt heavy and clunky through the ball compared to my Exotics Xrail that’s been in the bag forever.

Out of about 10 shots I’d say that one was very good. The rest usually low and left.
I fooled around with the settings and still managed to draw the ball even in the flat settings.
Maybe things will change during the next round but if not it will be going back.

Crazy thing is I hit the same setup on Tues and it was money. Crazy how the swing can change from day to day

Definitely sounds like a rough first go. Those swing days definitely happen in this crazy game.

I hammered the heck out of these on Friday while working on the NV shaft review. The fact that I’m seeing the ball speeds I am in a 22 hybrid is pretty obscene. I am 100% certain the NV knocks the spin and launch down too much for my tastes and the Alta CB is the better fit. But, that means the NV is also doing exactly what it’s supposed to which is the cool thing about reviewing clubs, it’s fun to see the claims come to fruition.

As for the 410’s, set to flat, I can still draw them but it’s not remotely close to being hooky and that gives me the confidence to really go after it.

Honestly, these might be the best part of the whole 410 lineup, and one of the best all around hybrids out there imo.

Definitely sounds like a rough first go. Those swing days definitely happen in this crazy game.

To be Fair my Xrail 4h wasn’t much better. Usually my hybrid game is a stronger part of my game.

The main difference is I never hit my Xrail fat. It’s -1” so swing weight is very light. The g410 I had a lot of fat shots.

I was choking down an inch on the g410 try and get the shaft length the same too. Could be an overall weight thing. I’ll weigh and swing weight them both today.

I hammered the heck out of these on Friday while working on the NV shaft review. The fact that I’m seeing the ball speeds I am in a 22 hybrid is pretty obscene. I am 100% certain the NV knocks the spin and launch down too much for my tastes and the Alta CB is the better fit. But, that means the NV is also doing exactly what it’s supposed to which is the cool thing about reviewing clubs, it’s fun to see the claims come to fruition.

As for the 410’s, set to flat, I can still draw them but it’s not remotely close to being hooky and that gives me the confidence to really go after it.

Honestly, these might be the best part of the whole 410 lineup, and one of the best all around hybrids out there imo.

That NV sounds like the perfect shaft for me. I took the 4H out today with the Evenflow Black and it still seemed a little high and spinny into the wind. I may have to give one of these a go. What is the retail on those shafts?

That NV sounds like the perfect shaft for me. I took the 4H out today with the Evenflow Black and it still seemed a little high and spinny into the wind. I may have to give one of these a go. What is the retail on those shafts?

Crazy insanely high....

$29.99.

:alien:

I'm probably picking up a 5H. My swing is still junk, so I'll wait to comment on performance, but I really like the look of this club at address, the adjustability, how the lines in the face and turbulators line up the ball, and even the sound. And for those wondering, the matte black finish completely hides any sky marks or balls hit way off the toe...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hitting a 3h and may add the 4h.

Adding this to the thread:
The 410 hybrid is proving to be exactly what I was hoping. Playing the 19 degree on the +1 and flat hosel setting.
Two stand out shots from this past weekends round:
9th hole par 5: 220 straight up hill to the green. Hit it from the right rough to the front edge of the green. Didn’t think I could get that close and it was a beauty.
13th par 5: second shot from 225, down wind a little. Hit a high cut over a large tree between me and the green. Landed on the front edge and I had an easy 20 footer for eagle. Missed it, but tap in birds are always nice.
Big, big fan of the club.

The stock stiff shaft has been really nice for me too. I also have the Tensei Blue in TX flex but the stock shaft is great. I have no real plans to switch.
This club opens new doors for me in that sorta 230 type range.
PS: gamed the crossover too, and it is def no slouch! Really enjoyed that one too.

I echo your comments as well. These clubs are fantastic out of the rough and very easy to hit. I get great ball flight and increased distance over my prior hybrids. Only issue I have is that the 3h is creeping into my 3w distances. The stock Alta shaft is smooth for me too. Great clubs.

Adding this to the thread:
The 410 hybrid is proving to be exactly what I was hoping. Playing the 19 degree on the +1 and flat hosel setting.
Two stand out shots from this past weekends round:
9th hole par 5: 220 straight up hill to the green. Hit it from the right rough to the front edge of the green. Didn’t think I could get that close and it was a beauty.
13th par 5: second shot from 225, down wind a little. Hit a high cut over a large tree between me and the green. Landed on the front edge and I had an easy 20 footer for eagle. Missed it, but tap in birds are always nice.
Big, big fan of the club.

The stock stiff shaft has been really nice for me too. I also have the Tensei Blue in TX flex but the stock shaft is great. I have no real plans to switch.
This club opens new doors for me in that sorta 230 type range.
PS: gamed the crossover too, and it is def no slouch! Really enjoyed that one too.

OMG my G410 3H came alive with the stock Alta shaft in stiff flex. I have it set standard loft (19*) in flat lie and it hits a nice little fade.

I find this is definitely longer than the G400 3H for me. I was playing in my league last night and had 205 uphill into the wind on a Par 3 and went over the green with a cut shot. That's a big hit for me.

Amazing just changing the shaft fixed the club for me. Very happy now.

Back