PING G410 Hybrid Review

I have had my 3 and 4 G410 hybrids in play for about 2 months now. I absolutely love these things. I was fit for a new shaft with them and ended up with the OBAN Revenge. Super consistent. The one thing that was always in question in my mind was shot height. Set at the stated loft, my desired flight always seemed to be a bit lower than I wanted. During fitting, it seemed ok, but after multiple rounds it was just slightly low. Then a light bulb went off (it takes me longer than some), I simply took the loft up 1 degree on both and it has made all the difference. Having had them in play now at a higher loft by one degree, the height went up, but there hasnt been yardage drop by any significant margin. 3 yardage at 200 and 4 yardage at 180-185. Anyhow, my point is that the adjustability on these hybrids has just been great. I think I am set on my settings now the sound and feel of these make me smile. So happy I got into these.

I have had my 3 and 4 G410 hybrids in play for about 2 months now. I absolutely love these things. I was fit for a new shaft with them and ended up with the OBAN Revenge. Super consistent. The one thing that was always in question in my mind was shot height. Set at the stated loft, my desired flight always seemed to be a bit lower than I wanted. During fitting, it seemed ok, but after multiple rounds it was just slightly low. Then a light bulb went off (it takes me longer than some), I simply took the loft up 1 degree on both and it has made all the difference. Having had them in play now at a higher loft by one degree, the height went up, but there hasnt been yardage drop by any significant margin. 3 yardage at 200 and 4 yardage at 180-185. Anyhow, my point is that the adjustability on these hybrids has just been great. I think I am set on my settings now the sound and feel of these make me smile. So happy I got into these.

Stock shaft is pretty nice! Good luck with the club, it’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock shaft is pretty nice! Good luck with the club, it’s awesome!

Agreed. I have the Tensei shaft before the OBAN went in and honestly, I could have just stayed with it, but my insistence on trying to have it unreal forced my fit. I do think the OBAN dispersion is good enough to justify it to myself, but again, the sstock was nice also. Cant go wrong either way. Glad you enjoy yours as well!!

These things are as anti-left as I have ever seen out of a hybrid. Loving them so far!

Hit my 19 degree twice today on three rounds, should have been more but because I’m getting ready for a scramble I hit driver in a LOT of places I wouldn’t normally.

Both just super well hit. One in the rough from 203 that landed pin high, and HELD. The other just an attempt at a par 5 from 218 that I over drew a touch.

These things are as anti-left as I have ever seen out of a hybrid. Loving them so far!

Totally agreed.... I put mine in the standard lie setting yesterday at the range and it still wont go left on me. Love the feel/sound too.

What do you guys think of the sound/feel? I really enjoy it a ton.

What do you guys think of the sound/feel? I really enjoy it a ton.

Crisp sound and solid feel, very satisfying.

Crisp sound and solid feel, very satisfying.

Cant add anything to this really.

Satisfying is a great word for it...

I surprised so many of y’all are going Alta when the tour is a recoil. Recoils rock. We ordered tour 85/recoil. Waiting for testing.

I surprised so many of y’all are going Alta when the tour is a recoil. Recoils rock. We ordered tour 85/recoil. Waiting for testing.

I wanted a nice high flight, but that wouldn’t balloon and that is exactly what I’m getting with the stock alta, so I’m sticking with it.
I also have the Tensei blue in TX and I hit the ball a bit too low for what I’m looking for.

For me the numbers are too good to screw with.

Also, any concrete confirmation the Tour is a recoil? They’ve used several companies for their shafts

Also, any concrete confirmation the Tour is a recoil? They’ve used several companies for their shafts
I just remember reading that the alta and tour line are made by UST and are modified versions of the recoil and elements chrome. The tour 85 I remember is a bit unique.

I know the awt 2.0 is made by Nippon is a variation of one of the prototype modus. The older cfs, ZZ-lite, zz65, and jz are variations of the true temper dg SL.

I just remember reading that the alta and tour line are made by UST and are modified versions of the recoil and elements chrome. The tour 85 I remember is a bit unique.

I know the awt 2.0 is made by Nippon is a variation of one of the prototype modus. The older cfs, ZZ-lite, zz65, and jz are variations of the true temper dg SL.

What’s interesting there is that’s been said a lot, but PING has their own shaft designer, they just use different manufacturers to produce their design/profile.

UST definitely has produced some of them, but I think after the tour came out with a similar ion finish everyone just assumed they were all UST and based on their designs.

What’s interesting there is that’s been said a lot, but PING has their own shaft designer, they just use different manufacturers to produce their design/profile.

UST definitely has produced some of them, but I think after the tour came out with a similar ion finish everyone just assumed they were all UST and based on their designs.
I believe it. I also thought for the Ping Shaft designer he worked in partnership with whichever manufacturer produced the product the for the design.

I also thought it was similar to the old Hogan apex shafts. Hogan designed, and then manufactured by true temper. Actually really curious on that one since those were also supposedly similar to the dg sl or dg l.

With ping having the enso, I'm excited to see what designs they have going forward. I think a testament to their designs is the fact their steel shafts and graphite shafts are all used on the different tours

I believe it. I also thought for the Ping Shaft designer he worked in partnership with whichever manufacturer produced the product the for the design.

I also thought it was similar to the old Hogan apex shafts. Hogan designed, and then manufactured by true temper. Actually really curious on that one since those were also supposedly similar to the dg sl or dg l.

With ping having the enso, I'm excited to see what designs they have going forward. I think a testament to their designs is the fact their steel shafts and graphite shafts are all used on the different tours

Yeah, I’ve always thought MOST of the ping shafts were criminally underrated, though there’s been some pretty wide variances at times in them.

Their iron shafts have always been great for me.

I am using the PX Evenflow Black shafts. I’m traditionally a higher spin player and these shafts are helping keep that under control. I’m going by the eye test right now and haven’t been on a monitor to confirm.

Ping has offered up a nice mix of shafts for these clubs, IMO.

19 is a weapon dammit.

But I think I need to loft it down to gap into my Original One better...

Just gonna say it again....

This hybo is a dirty bird.... so good.

If you hate hybrids because they typically hook, you may owe it to yourself to try one of these homies....

Just gonna say it again....

This hybo is a dirty bird.... so good.

If you hate hybrids because they typically hook, you may owe it to yourself to try one of these homies....

They’re pretty impressive.

I still 100% stand by my review on them in the OP too!

They’re pretty impressive.

I still 100% stand by my review on them in the OP too!

On the 18th today, my buddy hit his three wood perfectly down the middle and my 19 g410 was still a solid 15 yards past him! They are quite long too.

I would have to say no concrete information. Fitter said it was is all I have. He could be wrong.

I was told the Alta is aldila not ust though.

FINALLY put a few good swings on the 4H today, and, wow, ya'll aren't lying about the high launch and peak height. I don't remember ever hitting a 4H this high; maybe the Steelhead XR? After hooking the heck out of my driver on a par 5 (typical this year), I used the 22* to cut off the corner and launch it over some massive pine trees. Way too cocky of a shot given the current state of my swing, but I pulled it off. Very excited to have these in the bag this year.

Addicting as can be, that’s where I’m at with these.

Craziest part is it’s a bigger profile than I ever expected to enjoy as much as I am. But, I hold the OG Apex as the baseline of what I want a hybrid to be. Here, more speed, but GREAT spin still. Loving it so far.

Why do I like these so much? In the STOCK setup to boot?

Here’s a big reason. This shot.

Second shot into a par 5, bunker JUST behind me in this pic, 196 to carry the bunker, 202 pin. You can see where I carried it to (ball mark) and where it stopped.

This is crazy to me in a 22 degree hybrid.

33528b89eb8db948e1eed8c8451c6960.jpg

e1061daf374270fa01364a8098e2bf92.jpg

Back