PING G410 Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
PING G410 Hybrid Review

Great review James! The only clubs that have cemented spots in my bag over the years are “old trusty” G & G30 hybrids. I’m really looking forward to testing the 410 because I play my irons 2* flat, so the new lie adjustment option might be perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job James, I think my G410 3H arrives today.

I still cannot find out what setting gives you the "up to 3* flat" that Ping says. The chart I've seen just says flat lie but doesn't list the different degrees flat. I'm talking about this chart.

Do you know?

ping g410 adapter pic.gif

Awesome review, Jman! But I've come to expect nothing less. Your reviews strongly influence what I test out and ultimately often purchase.

I've been hoping to pick up one of these for less than full price (always tough with PING), but now I'm just going to pick one up so I can get the bag battle going.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to write the review and sharing your experience. This is one of the clubs that I have on the short list for the bag.

I still cannot find out what setting gives you the "up to 3* flat" that Ping says. The chart I've seen just says flat lie but doesn't list the different degrees flat. I'm talking about this chart.

Do you know?

View attachment 39004

-1.5 to +1.5, 3 degree spread

Great review James!! It's what I'm finding as well.

When I went to my Ping fitting earlier this year I was looking at the top of the bag, driver, 3w and hybrids as these all needed the most attention. I had been swinging 2 demo G400 clubs in 9* driver and 3w for several weeks with great results and these were tested at the fitting as a base. We swapped back and forth using these and the new G410 and in the end the Ping fitter suggested the data was there for me to keep the G400's in the bag as I hit them so well and save myself a few bucks, these being cheaper.

Then I started hitting the hybrids looking at the 19* and 22* and quickly settled into the stock Alta CB stiff shaft. When I asked whether I should just look for a couple of G400 to keep the bag the same ( my OCD kicking in ) I was told straight up that the new G410 hybrids were so much better than the older model that I would regret that choice very quickly. He even went as far as saying if I could only afford 2 of the 4 clubs I was looking at on the day, buy the hybrids as I would gain the most benefit using them. At this stage after what I have seen on the course, he was right. With the extra distances and accuracy I am getting, these hybrids are awesome.

Last edited:
Thanks for reading all. Sorry I missed out on nudging this one yesterday for more eyes and convo (because the club deserves both) but I had a 36 hole HS tourney that didn’t get done until 7:00 PM.

Anywho, it’s the best hybrid I’ve tested the past calendar year for me and I’ve reviewed a few. To the point that before I’d even completed my article I bought the 3hy 19* to add to my gamer setup.

Appreciate the comments!

Do you know?

View attachment 39004

I do not. I’ll see what I can find out today though.

Thanks for reading all. Sorry I missed out on nudging this one yesterday for more eyes and convo (because the club deserves both) but I had a 36 hole HS tourney that didn’t get done until 7:00 PM.

Anywho, it’s the best hybrid I’ve tested the past calendar year for me and I’ve reviewed a few. To the point that before I’d even completed my article I bought the 3hy 19* to add to my gamer setup.

Appreciate the comments!

I know you used to game the U85 but hated the chunkiness ( which I did too the more I looked at it ) but you should check out the 410 crossover. That club is an absolute beast and equally as easy to launch. Has a very pleasing topline to look at and quite thin.. For me it blows away the U85

Also the write up on the 410 hybrid is great. I tried it out too and loved it...but for my game the crossover was more what im looking for tho I might add a hybrid to replace my 4 iron

James
Great review...Glad they are working out for you and getting some bag time.

For me the past Ping hybrids have been very hit and miss starting with the G30, then the G, then the G400.
I would go to a demo day or hit them at the range and think, wow this is the straightest, highest launching hybrid I have ever tested. Definitely going to bag them.. Then just to make sure before buying, I would hit them the next day and I would do nothing but top it, etc.
Such a Jeckyll and Hyde thing I had going on with them.

With the G410 hybos I have hit them very well on every trial so far.
I did not see massive gains over my Tour Edge hybrids but the ability to adjust them has me intrigued. Also my miss is left and so the flat setting appeals to me.
My local fitting center just got the 4h no charge shaft options in and I want to try the Tensei out to see how it compares to the Alta CB Red. But I would likely fit into the Alta Reg with no problems as I am have hit it well so far.

Do you know?

View attachment 39004

It was my understanding that the loft spread was 3* as aljaklaw pointed out, and the sleeve also added 3 options to flatten the lie. I assumed the lie angle was constant between the 3 flat settings but that you could alter the loft by +1, Neutral and -1* if that makes sense.

So In a real world example if the flat lie setting makes it 2* flatter (hypothetical) I thought it worked like this:
F* makes the club play at stated loft and 2* flat
F- makes the club play at -1* loft and 2* flat
F+ makes the club play at +1 loft and 2* flat.

I could be way off base here but this is how I thought it worked.

Does anyone know how much the sole weight is on the hybrid?
I saw that Golfworks has 4/7/10/13 gram options for sale.

I usually play my hybrids shorter so I was curious was the stock weight was.

I'll pull the ones off my two and weigh them today

Mine are both 10g

I'm bumping this review because the 19* I bought and added to the 22* I reviewed SHOWED OUT this weekend on the course. Silly fun.

Picking up my 4H tomorrow!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Seriously pretty blown away by these.

I've got F9, M6, GAPR Hi, CLK, and TourB 19*/22* hybos in my hoard, and these are the best combo of launch, spin, and ball speed I have had on my Foresight GC2

Definitely a solid hybrid.

I've been playing my Tour Edge hybrids for about 7-8 yrs now and the G410 has continued to impress me at the fitting center I go to.
Usually I hit a new hybrid, then pull out my current hybrid and that pretty much ends the test. But the G410 keeps me wanting to hit it more.

Today I hit the 4h with the Tensei Blue 64g R flex. My swing radar was showing swing speeds of around 86-89 mph with it. I was hitting range rocks to a flag 178 which normally I probably get a safe 170 carry out of my current 4h. On a few shots with the G410 I was able to carry it to what looked like pin high.

The shaft felt a little weak to me so I would like to go back and try it with the Tensei Blue stiff or try the Alta Red in R flex again.
I ended up with it set to the -1 Loft/flat lie setting. The more open looking the face the better for me with my pull hook miss. It still had tons of launch in this setting too.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Seriously pretty blown away by these.

I've got F9, M6, GAPR Hi, CLK, and TourB 19*/22* hybos in my hoard, and these are the best combo of launch, spin, and ball speed I have had on my Foresight GC2

I'm quite excited to give this one an opportunity to be my hybo for the season. I feel like the 4H spot has been a revolving door for me the past few seasons. I really liked the Rogue hybrids, but I couldn't get enough spin to hold greens. I prefer to treat my 5W/HW/3H as a pure distance club off the deck, but I want my 4H to play more like an iron--though I need the added forgiveness at the same time. And considering I can hook everything longer than a wedge, the flat setting sounds right up my alley.

These really have been a showstopper for me, only thing I would change if I could is the size, but that’s because I compare everything there to the original Apex hybos.

Picked up my 4H and straight to the course this weekend. I'm playing 36 Saturday, so I will give this a shot for 18 and the Big Bertha a shot for the other 18. Whichever wins day one will get another workout Sunday.

Here are some side by side pics. I love that both incorporate my favorite black/red color scheme. But other than that, both look quite a bit different. 410 looks a touch thicker from front to back, while the Big Bertha has a taller face with a more squared off toe. Then you have the matte black versus shiny black contrast. Chevron alignment versus turbulators. I really like the paint job on this year's Alta shaft and how Ping incorporated a matte finish. I actually even like both headcovers, even though I rarely bag OEM covers.

Should be fun!
1c699b8bd3214e862defd24e7be1b429.jpg
809dd4e05adac159cad16ae963ddbe64.jpg
500d2b9352bc270d8096f2bd72e18fb8.jpg
1cc75c1a380febb12999a37b8686bae6.jpg
b08c0cdc963536f90cf45f458fe2594d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JMB, the G400 is going to shock and awe....

Back