Cobra F9 SPEEDBACK 4 Iron (Rickie Fowler Edition)

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
Cobra is now offering a “Rickie Fowler” F9 4 iron. There are several THPers who have ordered the F9 4 and/or 5 irons. They are incredibly easy to hit. Probably 60 percent of the time last year, I went from 6 iron to a 5 hybrid in my set progression. I have no question in my mind that the F9 5 iron is just as long and provides better dispersion for me than any 5 hybrid I have ever tried.

Whether the Rickie Fowler version or simply a single iron order in a more vanilla package, the F9 4 iron (and 5 iron) as another very viable driving iron/utility club for many.

Attachments

• 0DF17B36-0B87-4422-BCCB-67460E830E62.png
    0DF17B36-0B87-4422-BCCB-67460E830E62.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

The Graphite Design AD IZ shaft is a $200 upgrade on any OEM club. Go price it out on, say, a Callaway Apex hybrid. Throw in a different shaft on an F9 4 iron (like I did, using a SteelFiber i95 shaft) and the price is very friendly for a single iron.

the shaft may be that expensive....but it's hard to justify that price on a single iron for me at least.

Hey why not try and capitalize on something that is working so well for Rickie. People will by it I'm sure. I can't see spending that kind of dough for that shaft but the 4i is legit

the shaft may be that expensive....but it's hard to justify that price on a single iron for me at least.

I hear where you are coming from, but I would also consider that a driver is way more than $350 these days, and this 4i serves a similar purpose. The shaft is what is bumping this price.

My 4i driving iron is on a Catalyst 80 and I have about $160 in the club, including an Align MCC+4 grip.

I like the offering and would check it out but the price is hard to take a shot in the dark on.

$350? Thats a very un-Cobra thing to do I think.

So when do these ship? :act-up:

They do offer a military/first responder discount (10%) if that takes any of the sting out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like to hit one. And for sure will be watching the used market for one. Beautiful club.

Definitely on my want list, not on my need list.

Back