What club(s) did you really want but couldn't hit well or as well as your choice?

Parrot

Down to the banana republics . . .
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
When I was fitted earlier this month, I really wanted to like the Apex irons. They look so good. I hit them decently but hit others better. In the end, eye appeal wasn't enough.

I wanted to hit Srixon 585 and cobra FTB but they didn’t have either on hand. They didn’t have the new Apex irons but I wasn’t really interested in them.

Still really happy with the irons I was fitted with though.

I'm neck deep in the Cobra One Length movement. Have and love the F9 OLs (4-SW) and also got a 3H, 4H, and 5H (all one length).

I am doing great with the irons. But the hybrids? I cannot hit them consistently to save my life. I have no doubt at all that it's all in my head. If I can hit the 7 iron length irons, I should be able to hit the 7 iron length hybrids. But I just can't seem to get in the groove with them. I actually have switched over to the F9 Fairway woods and am hitting them great. Why in God's name I cannot swing those hybrids is beyond me. I am holding onto them for now - although I can't say why - because I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to hit them :)

Golf is weird.

If I ever had the chance, I would like to hit a set of Cobra Forged CB/MB irons.

I was fitted before the release of the Apex so I was really hopeful for a set of Rogue Pros. I had much better results with the M5's and Mizunos that I hit. Settled on the M5's and I am actually very happy with it.

When first tested the f9 nothing but heely hits and short ball flight, still want to give it another go but have not had the chance yet.

I'm neck deep in the Cobra One Length movement. Have and love the F9 OLs (4-SW) and also got a 3H, 4H, and 5H (all one length).

I am doing great with the irons. But the hybrids? I cannot hit them consistently to save my life. I have no doubt at all that it's all in my head. If I can hit the 7 iron length irons, I should be able to hit the 7 iron length hybrids. But I just can't seem to get in the groove with them. I actually have switched over to the F9 Fairway woods and am hitting them great. Why in God's name I cannot swing those hybrids is beyond me. I am holding onto them for now - although I can't say why - because I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to hit them :)

Golf is weird.

+1
b.png

The Cleveland Mashie 1h and the Adams A12. I wanted both of those clubs to be world changers. They weren't.

Back