Which is an easier hybrid to hit? – 3 or 4 or 5 hybrid?

Nice_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Dear Members,

Quick question – Which is an easier hybrid to hit? – 3 or 4 or 5 hybrid? I think 5 since the loft would make it the easiest of the lot to get the ball up in the air. But what do I know!

Please tell!

Thank you in advance

More loft does make it easier, and, the shorter shaft helps, too. 3 hybrids with less loft and longer shafts will be more difficult to hit.

In theory it would go 5,4,3 but I don't see much difference with the newer ones they all are pretty easy and forgiving.

5 hybrid. Greatest loft requires the lowest club head speed to get into the air.

Typically more loft makes a club easier to hit so I think the order would be 5 easiest, 4 middle and 3 hardest.

Thanks a lot everyone for the quick reply! question done and dusted and answered thoroughly.

This is an amazing forum!

A little late to the party but my 4H is easier to hit than my 3H. I don’t have a 5.

I have a 3H (F9), 4H (F7), and 5H (F9). I find the 3H easiest to hit. Totally counterintuitive - maybe something about the shaft length fitting my swing better? So I'm going to go with, "it depends..."

I think it's definitely getting the shaft length right on hybrids. I think most people could get better results by at least cutting them down to their corresponding iron length. If you don't like the length of the loft you want try a Cobra One Length to see if the shorter shaft helps you out.

I think it's definitely getting the shaft length right on hybrids. I think most people could get better results by at least cutting them down to their corresponding iron length. If you don't like the length of the loft you want try a Cobra One Length to see if the shorter shaft helps you out.

I was fit into the 3H, bought the 4H and 5H based on the trend from the fitting (0.25" short - whereas my irons are 0.25" long). Could be psychological, but I am more consistent with the 3H. The 5H feels a bit short to me - it's about the same length as my 5i. I need to spend more time with them and I'm still working on a swing change so that complicates things a bit.

Out of my two the 5h is the easiest to hit and the one I'm most confident in.

Back