TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

Gotcha - did not realize that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I upped it to 12.5 and it worked out really well. I'm getting a nice high launch now.

I upped it to 12.5 and it worked out really well. I'm getting a nice high launch now.

Any issues with the face being slightly open when upping the loft?

Thought it worked the other way around....increasing the loft closes the face, while decreasing the loft opens the face?

I think it closes the face. That's what I read anyway. I'm pretty sure it does because I've been getting a slight draw when I don't adjust the face.

Does the M2 use the same hosel as the M1? If it does you can go up 11.25, 12 then 12.5.

This link is for the M1 loft adjustments.
http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aai...lt/dwfb45e3ba/manuals/M1_US_Manual_Tuning.pdf

Reading TM's website regarding the M2 it says:
Adjustable Loft Sleeve

• 12 positions, 4° (+/- 2° degrees of loft) to dial in maximum performance by adjusting loft, lie and face angle.

I don't think it does. As far as I know, each one has 3 loft settings. Mine have standard, lower and higher.

I don't think it does. As far as I know, each one has 3 loft settings. Mine have standard, lower and higher.

Standard is 10.5, Lower is possibly 8.5 and higher should be 12.5. You should then have two white lines on the hosel between standard, lower and higher. When the head is lined up with those you get the increments between 10.5 and 8.5 or 10.5 and 12.5. Which then obviously changes the loft, face angle and the lie. The PDF in the link explains it better than I can on here. I think on the first post it also mentions the 12 different positions the head can be adjusted to?

Here you go:
At first glance, the comparisons are direct to the M1 that TaylorMade has previous launched, however, looking at the sole of the driver you will immediately notice the lack of sliding/adjustable weights. The adjustablity remains with the TaylorMade Adjustable Loft Sleeve offering 12 positions, 4* (+/- 2* of loft) to adjust loft, lie and face angle of the driver.

Just bumped mine up to 12.5 - doesn't appear noticeably different in face angle. I'll head over to the range later today and see how it stands up.

M2 was rock solid for me yesterday. With the dry week we had here the ground was firming up a little so I was seeing a nice bounce and roll on every drive, even on a high fade. I drove through a couple doglegs that I've never done before so it's nice to see added distance on top of the accuracy. So much confidence on the tee with M2 right now.
I hit my target on every use but one. The miss was because I'm an idiot and tried to hit a big sweeping draw, came from way inside and low-heeled it. Yuck.

Distance? Check
Accuracy? Check
Feel/Sound? Unmatched
Look? Nicest on the market
Forgiveness? Great as long as you don't go low or heel...so "Meh".

Wanted to bump this one up for our testers.

Wanted to bump this one up for our testers.
It will be interesting to get this one back on the FlightScope this weekend with the increase in loft and having had more time with it. Numbers from my first session on the monitor wasnt great, so will be intrigued to see how they have changed...if any.

It will be interesting to get this one back on the FlightScope this weekend with the increase in loft and having had more time with it. Numbers from my first session on the monitor wasnt great, so will be intrigued to see how they have changed...if any.

Very much looking forward to it.
Hope the other two reviewers chime in and answer those questions I posed earlier.
I know a lot of readers are really looking forward to the feedback.

Very much looking forward to it.
Hope the other two reviewers chime in and answer those questions I posed earlier.
I know a lot of readers are really looking forward to the feedback.

What questions?

What questions?

An expansion and review discussing the technology marketed and whether its working as said.
TaylorMade has marketed this heavily and one of the keys to any review is discussing each key feature, rather than just giving feedback on a persons swing at the range or whether or not they are finding fairways.

There is some great key features listed here on the TaylorMade website and while launch monitor numbers are not available to everybody, and we dont expect them to be, its a good chance to spark conversation and discuss the product as a whole in my opinion.

http://taylormadegolf.com/M2-Driver/DW-WZ441.html#product-description-full

An expansion and review discussing the technology marketed and whether its working as said.
TaylorMade has marketed this heavily and one of the keys to any review is discussing each key feature, rather than just giving feedback on a persons swing at the range or whether or not they are finding fairways.

There is some great key features listed here on the TaylorMade website and while launch monitor numbers are not available to everybody, and we dont expect them to be, its a good chance to spark conversation and discuss the product as a whole in my opinion.

http://taylormadegolf.com/M2-Driver/DW-WZ441.html#product-description-full

Gotcha. I touched on that stuff in my last review post. I think they nailed the marketing on this one.

Gotcha. I touched on that stuff in my last review post. I think they nailed the marketing on this one.

Hopefully you continue to review and expand, there is a lot going on with this one and THP long term reviews last an extended period of time as mentioned during signup.

Hopefully you continue to review and expand, there is a lot going on with this one and THP long term reviews last an extended period of time as mentioned during signup.

Of course I will. Unfortunately, no one seems nterested in anything I have to say anyway... My last review post was fairly in depth and got zero feedback.

Of course I will. Unfortunately, no one seems nterested in anything I have to say anyway... My last review post was fairly in depth and got zero feedback.

Maybe get some numbers from the driver so your comments are less subjective and more data driven.

It was very good. Look at it like this. How often do you comment on THP Home Page reviews? That doesnt mean you are not reading or arent interested. I can assure you that thousands are reading and going to be reading this thread for information.

It was very good. Look at it like this. How often do you comment on THP Home Page reviews? That doesnt mean you are not reading or arent interested. I can assure you that thousands are reading and going to be reading this thread for information.

Good point, thanks.

I have an Aldila NV 2KXV Orange coming on Friday that I plan to play in the M2 on Saturday and Sunday, looking forward to how it holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe get some numbers from the driver so your comments are less subjective and more data driven.

I don't have access to flightscope or anything like that I'd that's what you're referring too. No sure how on course results are subjective though. I think that's more relevant than numbers on a machine.

Had a really solid range session tonight since I will be down for about the next week (baby Z coming Thursday!)

I just can't seem to wipe the smile off my face with this club. I have seen visible increases in distance, and a higher/ more desirable ball flight. I am not having forgiveness issues as I am pretty consistent on my center-ish hits. I have swung this agains three other driver now (815 & G series in previous reviews, and a buddies King LTD tonight).

I am am still just on cloud nine with the look of the driver as I stare down at it before every shot. The white and carbon fiber crown just give of a feel that is only really explainable by saying, Tech-filled!

I will honestly say that I was never a TaylorMade fan in the past, nor would I even give them the time of day because I don't agree with their frequency of release cycles, as well as other things like none of their tour staff really appealing to me. (I'lll probably get dogged for that last comment, however I would rather play gear that my idols/ favorites play, as long as it fits my swing and or game.) after getting selected for this, and getting the product in hand I can really say that I a, impressed with this club. Last time I was at my local shop, I even demoed TaylorMade irons for kicks! I guess what I am getting at is that this club hopefully suggests a head in the right direction for the company as a whole. I know they have produces solid products in the past, however I DO think they (as a company) have some redeeming to do after the last few years.

Also, in testing, the sound just keeps me coming back. As I mentioned I have hit a handful of other drivers back to back with the M2 and am starting to really favor its sound.

I really look look forward to getting more on course experience with this club, and with springs arrival, and my league starting in only a matter of weeks this will soon become reality.

Last edited:
Back