Traveling with clubs

No insurance for me and I use a soft case with a stiff arm and a heavy towel wrapped around all the clubheads never had a problem so far.

Same here. I have had the bell caps weigh it and make me take stuff out to get it under 50 lbs.

No stiff arm here. I've been using the same club glove travel bag since 1996 and never had a club break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would invest in some club head covers. They are fairly cheap. I use that along with my OGIO soft case bag and I've never had an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the sun mountain gilder and it's awesome. I remove the heads on my driver and wood where possible. I use towels around my irons and a stiff arm for added protection but with removing the heads of clubs not as necessary

Agreed. It's what I do, but then I tend to be paranoid...:)

I'm bumping this as I am starting to look into this for #TheGauntlet. I have never traveled with clubs before and the consensus here seems to be that a soft case with a stiff arm is the most popular. I was hoping to receive some recommendations on a soft case. I don't travel often and would prefer something under $100. Any other recommendations for traveling with clubs would be much appreciated.

I had a Samsonite soft travel bag that I paid $60 for and it lasted for about 35 round trip flights before it got a small hole in it. I use a ski pole that's 48" instead of one of the stiff arms and have never had a damaged club. I gave the Samsonite to a coworker who is still using it.

Last time I traveled, I put everything without a removable head upside down in my bag and then wrapped all the shafts together that were sticking out.

No insurance and I use a KBS hard case. No problems.

I'm traveling in a few weeks, so for those that remove the driver heads, where do you put them, your carry-on?

I'm bumping this as I am starting to look into this for #TheGauntlet. I have never traveled with clubs before and the consensus here seems to be that a soft case with a stiff arm is the most popular. I was hoping to receive some recommendations on a soft case. I don't travel often and would prefer something under $100. Any other recommendations for traveling with clubs would be much appreciated.
The bag I have is a CaddyDaddy.

Back