Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

On Easter Sunday, I finally played my first round of golf since attending the Up & Down event. I was a bit concerned that six months of carpet putting with my 6.5 would create havoc with my pace. However, my carpet mimicked the damp greens of Poppy Ridge fairly closely.

I ended the day with only 33 putts. I say only, because 15 of those were lags including 2 of the ever popular sweeping right-handers (which I burned the edges on). With all of my lag putts being from the wrong tier or seemingly the wrong zip code, the 3 one-putts from eight feet or less felt like gimmees.

My confidence level when standing over my 6.5 is very high because I know that I’m going to hit the line that I’m aiming at. Though I did have a couple of downhill putts that got away from me that left uphill six to eight footers, the majority of my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] putts were conceded (skins game).

Even if you don’t stand over the 2135 series putters exactly the same way every time, you know that your alignment is still fine. Having that confidence on the green really goes a long way towards improving your putting.

Good stuff DT.

I think I'm learning that because this putter is so true to the line you pick it is especially important to spend extra time on the practice green before the round getting the speed down (I play a lot of different courses and their greens play differently from one another). If you have the speed right you will make putts with this club.

I think I'm learning that because this putter is so true to the line you pick it is especially important to spend extra time on the practice green before the round getting the speed down (I play a lot of different courses and their greens play differently from one another). If you have the speed right you will make putts with this club.
I to have noticed this. I played three different courses last week with different greens. Good thing I practiced putting before my rounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

These putters are so intriguing to me. I need to get my hands on one and try it out. Have a couple on eBay I'm watching and hoping that I can get one at a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following up on my previous post...finally got my 8.0 and I have to return it.....nooooooo. A little upset right now-it's got a bunch of nicks on it, brand new from Golf Galaxy. And they don't accept exchanges through mail and have none in stock anywhere in my state. Guess I'll have to wait longer before I can review how I like it :(

Following up on my previous post...finally got my 8.0 and I have to return it.....nooooooo. A little upset right now-it's got a bunch of nicks on it, brand new from Golf Galaxy. And they don't accept exchanges through mail and have none in stock anywhere in my state. Guess I'll have to wait longer before I can review how I like it :(
Oh man, that sucks.

That bites. Hopefully you will receive one soon, it's worth the wait.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Those of you using this and other putters- switching between them, how has it affected your performance with other putters?

Those of you using this and other putters- switching between them, how has it affected your performance with other putters?

More mentally for me. I love having the assurance there of 2135. I did roll the V Line putter very well out in California and here in December before switching back.

More mentally for me. I love having the assurance there of 2135. I did roll the V Line putter very well out in California and here in December before switching back.

And soooo much of putting and golf in general is mental.....

I still roll my Scotty very well, I just have to be mindful of how I'm aiming. The biggest difference to me is the feel of the ball off the putter face - the 2135 is SO much more muted sounding and soft.

Speed... SO important! Hank Haney on his show this week said for the amateur, speed is the most important part of putting to work on. If line is better to "hold on to" when getting over the ball with this putter, I may need one of these!

Finally got my hands on one of the 2135's the other day. It was a 35" 1.0. I've been rolling an old Cleveland blade for a most of the past two years.

The 2135's alignment tick doesn't really stand out, its fairly short and not bright white. You look at it and focus there at first since its the "new" tech element that is advertised but I think they left it somewhat a subtle feature so its not distracting. Either way first roll and I left a 15 footer dead center on the lip. My son knocked that one out of the way and I proceeded to drain the next two. This was preceded by half a dozen other putts from similar distance with different putters where none went in. So that was amusing.

I really like the light milling on the copper face. The urethane layer between the face and the main body of the head really mutes the feel at contact. That first putt I didn't think I hit nearly hard enough but left it on the lip. I wonder if distance control would be an issue with such a soft feel. Also it seemed the loft was a little strong but maybe that was the contrast between the copper face and the white insert.

It was just perfectly flat indoor green so I would expect good results but I liked just about everything about the 2135. Would like to find a 33" with the WinnPro X grip that is offered. Since that was the first one I've found in a store (Golf Exchange in Montgomery, Ohio) I'll probably order blind sooner than later.

Finally got my hands on one of the 2135's the other day. It was a 35" 1.0. I've been rolling an old Cleveland blade for a most of the past two years.

The 2135's alignment tick doesn't really stand out, its fairly short and not bright white. You look at it and focus there at first since its the "new" tech element that is advertised but I think they left it somewhat a subtle feature so its not distracting. Either way first roll and I left a 15 footer dead center on the lip. My son knocked that one out of the way and I proceeded to drain the next two. This was preceded by half a dozen other putts from similar distance with different putters where none went in. So that was amusing.

I really like the light milling on the copper face. The urethane layer between the face and the main body of the head really mutes the feel at contact. That first putt I didn't think I hit nearly hard enough but left it on the lip. I wonder if distance control would be an issue with such a soft feel. Also it seemed the loft was a little strong but maybe that was the contrast between the copper face and the white insert.

It was just perfectly flat indoor green so I would expect good results but I liked just about everything about the 2135. Would like to find a 33" with the WinnPro X grip that is offered. Since that was the first one I've found in a store (Golf Exchange in Montgomery, Ohio) I'll probably order blind sooner than later.
Great feedback / reports. Thanks.

Speed... SO important! Hank Haney on his show this week said for the amateur, speed is the most important part of putting to work on. If line is better to "hold on to" when getting over the ball with this putter, I may need one of these!
I've been noticing a lot of my misses are really close, like within a ball or a single rotation. When I miss left/right I see a decent number of instance where the ball was on my line but I rolled it a touch to fast or slow - if I had the speed right it would have gone in. I suppose this is always true but it seems like I'm seeing it more with the 2135 and I wonder if that's because it is so true to the line.

Played a scramble yesterday and the 6.5 was spot on. Draino from 30 and 25 feet. Another few from 10 and 12 feet. A very lips and distance control was spot on. Love this putter.

I think some other THPers should experience these putters, so we will be giving some away next month.

I think some other THPers should experience these putters, so we will be giving some away next month.

So this is amazing!!!

Haven't switched back...ha

Putting is probably the weakest part of my game but so far I've made more putts with this putter than any other in years. Many years.

It's a very attractive putter, this or a Toulon, let me think.... I really don't know the answer yet.

It's a very attractive putter, this or a Toulon, let me think.... I really don't know the answer yet.

Well, the 2135 would be $350 less to try it out than the other option if your looking for a tie breaker. Ha.

Putting is probably the weakest part of my game but so far I've made more putts with this putter than any other in years. Many years.

Based on the way I saw you roll the rock with this putter I never would have guessed this was a weakness.

The Toulons are so beautiful. The 2135s just work. Really tough call.

Back