Mizuno Shaft optimizer - mind sharing your numbers and thoughts

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
Seems from what i have been reading, and watching that my Toe Down number of 9 is pretty severe , and wonder if it's more if showing i have a swing flaw.

Seems from what i have been reading, and watching that my Toe Down number of 9 is pretty severe , and wonder if it's more if showing i have a swing flaw.

I haven’t used it, but am interested after seeing the TXG YouTube video of the new version/software.

The severe toe down is more than likely due to significant early extension/loss of spine angle. It causes you to raise the club handle through impact.

I haven’t used it, but am interested after seeing the TXG YouTube video of the new version/software.

The severe toe down is more than likely due to significant early extension/loss of spine angle. It causes you to raise the club handle through impact.

reached out to TXG actually and they suggested i try a different optimizer thought my numbers seemed severe.

reached out to TXG actually and they suggested i try a different optimizer thought my numbers seemed severe.

from whoever answers TXG facebook messenger "I would confirm those numbers on another shaft optimizer, they sound pretty extreme to me."

My toe down value was 4 and the optimizer recommended a lie angle of like 4 degrees upright or thereabouts.

I can tell you I don't actually play lie angle anywhere near that upright. I tend to play 1 degree flat. Perhaps I'm in chicken or the egg situation whereby I have a swing flaw that I use lie angle to correct. Perhaps if my clubs were more upright, it would help me correct my swing flaw.....dunno. For now, I'm still playing std or slightly flat lies. I hate seeing a golf ball go left.

My values are:
91Mph head speed, 5 tempo, 4 toe down, 1 kick angle, 5 release

It's been ages since I used the optimizer. I'll try and get on it this weekend to give some numbers.

have you seen the stuff on the new version? It's pretty sweet with the updates they did to them.

have you seen the stuff on the new version? It's pretty sweet with the updates they did to them.

no, I haven't. Not sure which version my course has but I have to think it's the most up to date option.

Hopefully I can check it out by the end of the weekend. Sounds like fun.

no, I haven't. Not sure which version my course has but I have to think it's the most up to date option.

Hopefully I can check it out by the end of the weekend. Sounds like fun.

new one has a white strip down the middle, and now has a Gyro init to help identify the lie angle .

TXG recent video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gGbKrI30_A

I used it a couple times. I thought it was pretty accurate in determining my shaft options. Keep in mind they are a starting point in fitting. My first option was c taper x.

In the end I went with z forged $ taper x.

I hope one day mizuno will load a ton more shaft profiles on the program and I feel their shaft offering is very limited and again I enjoyed seeing the data and using it to point me in the right direction for fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My toe down value was 4 and the optimizer recommended a lie angle of like 4 degrees upright or thereabouts.

I can tell you I don't actually play lie angle anywhere near that upright. I tend to play 1 degree flat. Perhaps I'm in chicken or the egg situation whereby I have a swing flaw that I use lie angle to correct. Perhaps if my clubs were more upright, it would help me correct my swing flaw.....dunno. For now, I'm still playing std or slightly flat lies. I hate seeing a golf ball go left.

My values are:
91Mph head speed, 5 tempo, 4 toe down, 1 kick angle, 5 release

mine was a 63 lie angle which i understand is 2 degrees up, 77 club speed (seemed low, usually been in the low to mid 80s) numbers where Tempo 7.67, tow down 9, Kick Angle 8, and release 2

They briefly mention it in the TXG video, but it should be noted that Mizuno is typically 1* flatter when compared to most other OEM's. So 2* up on a Mizuno would only be 1* up for a lot of brands.

I played my MP-5's at 1* flat, so my PXG's are set to 2* flat. And as NoShanks wrote, it's all just a starting point. Ping's static fitting measurements say I should play 1* flat from their standard (so 1* flat in my PXG), but through fittings I found that 2* flat produced better results.

I even tested again when I bought my current set by ordering them at stock lie. I really struggled with overdraws that wanted to start left and keep going left. I played them that way for a few months before getting them bent and immediately saw improvement in my ball flight and scores.

They briefly mention it in the TXG video, but it should be noted that Mizuno is typically 1* flatter when compared to most other OEM's. So 2* up on a Mizuno would only be 1* up for a lot of brands.

I played my MP-5's at 1* flat, so my PXG's are set to 2* flat. And as NoShanks wrote, it's all just a starting point. Ping's static fitting measurements say I should play 1* flat from their standard (so 1* flat in my PXG), but through fittings I found that 2* flat produced better results.

I even tested again when I bought my current set by ordering them at stock lie. I really struggled with overdraws that wanted to start left and keep going left. I played them that way for a few months before getting them bent and immediately saw improvement in my ball flight and scores.

yea took that into account, as i also asked TXG a few days ago, about my 63 lie angle, they said 2 up compared to the 61.5 of the Hot Metal Pro, so in looking at Cobra irons, the F9 7 iron is already 63.5, so when i do order them, i will start 1 degree flat to 62.5 . So many variables between manufacturers, that you really need to know your numbers.

yea took that into account, as i also asked TXG a few days ago, about my 63 lie angle, they said 2 up compared to the 61.5 of the Hot Metal Pro, so in looking at Cobra irons, the F9 7 iron is already 63.5, so when i do order them, i will start 1 degree flat to 62.5 . So many variables between manufacturers, that you really need to know your numbers.

that is true, but stock length for a manufacturer also plays a role. Going 1/2 inch long changes the way the club sits at address.

that is true, but stock length for a manufacturer also plays a role. Going 1/2 inch long changes the way the club sits at address.

in my head i have always felt longer meant even more upright to my eye

in my head i have always felt longer meant even more upright to my eye

I believe I was told 1up for every half inch to maintain neutral. Not sure how accurate that is.

But it begs the question... What's stock length to begin that haha

I took my son to test 3 woods today so we decided to test the new shaft optimizer.

My numbers:

yTBhKF0.jpg

My son’s (turned 12 two weeks ago):

xftQCYL.jpg

I got fitted today using the Mizuno Shaft optimizer! It is real deal! Shop owner guessed everything by watching my swing and then the shaft optimizer proved what he said. It's a great tool!

Back