KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

I wore my red ones this morning for 9 holes on a hilly course. Feeling great!

I have a few pairs, but dayum I wish they weren't so darn expensive. I'd have a drawer full of them they feel so good.

Up to 9 pairs now thanks to you guys. My wife thought there was something wrong with me until I bought her a pair. Even sent a pair to a friend who works Golf Channel with me. We walk lots and lots of miles out there he's gonna love them.

I have a few pairs, but dayum I wish they weren't so darn expensive. I'd have a drawer full of them they feel so good.

I agree. Im holding out for another good sale this year.

I need more of these. 6 pair is definitely not enough. But I NEED them to be on sale.

Some head2head testing going on today. Going to wear one kentwool sock and one swiftwick sock to work and the range after.

Will post an update how it went.

1afad66988b4ce7bfd49d6ba75df23d8.jpg

Sorry for the delay in posting my thoughts but here goes.

For the day I wore them to work and the range, these socks were both fantastic and helped with moisture management.

On the range the Kentwool socks upped the ante with keeping my foot a little warmer than the swiftwick sock. If the swiftwick sock was $5 cheaper I would go with that one, but it's not and where I live can be cold which makes the Kentwool that much more valuable.

As a follow up i did the same test that weekend while walking 18 and I think the Kentwool one outperformed the swiftwick in the same properties above, however the Kentwool sock is thicker in the heel and front pad of the foot which for walking 18 is huge because it gave me more comfort and support, which I loved.

I finally had the chance to get on the course yesterday. The KentWool's even made my "vintage" Mizuno's feel much more comfortable. It will be interesting in seeing how they handle the 100° heat of summer. Though, I'm pretty sure that I won't have to "peel" the KentWool off like I do my current sport socks.

8a93d5f97d2d534c1adf30546232fc11.jpg

A few posts back I commented on the socks bunching up above the shoe. Here is a pic.

A few posts back I commented on the socks bunching up above the shoe. Here is a pic.
Looks like they are a size too big or not on your foot properly?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

i solve that by having a little more down by my toes. I hate when the toes feel like they have no movement because the socks are too tight.

Looks like they are a size too big or not on your foot properly?

Yeah I think I have to go a size smaller but was going by thier sizing guide. I know some have said they run true to size but I am at the upper end of the Lrg. So didn't think a Medium would be necessary

i solve that by having a little more down by my toes. I hate when the toes feel like they have no movement because the socks are too tight.

I'm the opposite. My socks have to be snug or at least fit without a lot of extra fabric down inside my shoe.

A few posts back I commented on the socks bunching up above the shoe.

I agree with Golds. Probably a little too big. I was late to get my socks at the kickoff classic, so I ended with with XLs. They do this too. I don't have this problem with my mediums.

YMMV, but you can try washing them in warm or hot and putting them in the dryer to get them to shrink up some.
I have tried the dryer and I think they've shrunk a little. I haven't tried washing in warm or hot yet.

I find if I pull the toe a bit to loosen them up, that buldge goes away

A couple Kentwool codes:

Thanks for this. Just bought three more pair. I'm done for awhile.

I guess I'm just an oddity with these then. I have both the Tour Profile and Tour Low Profile and neither pair fit or stay put as well as my UA Tour No Show ones. I also found the KentWool a bit thicker (no surprise) which affected the comfort in my shoes.

They are nice and I'll probably wear them off and on, but certainly can't be my go to socks with the issue of slipping down off the heel.

I guess I'm just an oddity with these then. I have both the Tour Profile and Tour Low Profile and neither pair fit or stay put as well as my UA Tour No Show ones. I also found the KentWool a bit thicker (no surprise) which affected the comfort in my shoes.

They are nice and I'll probably wear them off and on, but certainly can't be my go to socks with the issue of slipping down off the heel.

I picked up a couple pairs of the low profile, and had some slippage issues last week, not sure this will work out long term because of that. Kentwool are definitely a little thicker, But I have round the 19th hole models have become the only ones I will wear to work anymore. Just love them.

I picked up a couple pairs of the low profile, and had some slippage issues last week, not sure this will work out long term because of that. Kentwool are definitely a little thicker, But I have round the 19th hole models have become the only ones I will wear to work anymore. Just love them.
I have also have the Tour Standard that I have worn to work and they are ok, again a bit thick but with one pair of my eccco's they actually feel ok. Are the 19th hole a bit less thick? I may try them to see.

That's very interesting, I get slippage on every other sock I wear, but not my kentwools, I know what you mean by thicker, and there's no denying that, but I actually enjoy it, as it seems to be another added layer of cushion no matter what shoes I'm wearing. And I'm still surprised my feet don't sweat, even with the added thickness.

I have also have the Tour Standard that I have worn to work and they are ok, again a bit thick but with one pair of my eccco's they actually feel ok. Are the 19th hole a bit less thick? I may try them to see.

The 19th hole are a little thinner in the toes IMHO.

That's very interesting, I get slippage on every other sock I wear, but not my kentwools, I know what you mean by thicker, and there's no denying that, but I actually enjoy it, as it seems to be another added layer of cushion no matter what shoes I'm wearing. And I'm still surprised my feet don't sweat, even with the added thickness.
Yeah. I'm definitely a bit odd I guess when it comes to socks and shoes, ok maybe more than that as well. Ha

I really do enjoy the extra the comfort on the tour Standard with my eccos.

My left foot is a good 1/2 size larger than my right which as a result I always end up buying a bit larger shoe.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I'm definitely a bit odd I guess when it comes to socks and shoes, ok maybe more than that as well. Ha

I really do enjoy the extra the comfort on the tour Standard with my eccos.

My left foot is a good 1/2 size larger than my right which as a result I always end up buying a bit larger shoe.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Maybe reach out to Kentwool might be a defective pair?

Maybe reach out to Kentwool might be a defective pair?
A defective sock, hadn't heard of that before :) I don't know it seems to happen with both the Tour Low Profile and The Tour Profile, I think a lot of it is just the fit of my foot into the shoe, and the UA ones I've worn for a few years just seem to work well.

No slippage here and I've played 36 holes in Florida heat with them. I welcome the thickness of them, it has some spring to them and prevents blisters. However, when it comes to feet it is a very personal preference product category. If they don't feel good to you they may just not be right for your feet.

Back