Can anyone recommend a putter with a lot of toe-hang?

Joelsim

Reaction score
Handicap
It’s for a test. Currently have three face-balanced and one 1/4 TH.

It’ll be bought second hand so I can potentially sell-on for minimal loss.

Any recommendations gratefully accepted, blade or mallet.

Cleveland HB #1. Affordable even if bought new.

I still love my Ping Scottsdale TR Shea H and will unsheathe it from time to time.

SeeMore FGP / mFGP. Full toe hang and face balanced at impact.

That Ben Hogan Precision Milled BHB03 hits the 50º mark.
Having tested. I'd recommend anyone interested to give it a shot.

Toulon Long Island, Scotty Newport 2.5, flowneck blades in general tend to be heavy on toe hang. Standard plumber's necks like Toulon San Diego, Scotty Newport 2, and your Betti are in the middle.

EDIT: Last I looked there were good deals on Toulon Long Island through CPO or online, EBay, etc. I like mine pretty well.

Last edited:

+1
e.png

It’s for a test. Currently have three face-balanced and one 1/4 TH.

It’ll be bought second hand so I can potentially sell-on for minimal loss.

Any recommendations gratefully accepted, blade or mallet.

If you have a store that has used putters near you just go check them out. Set them on something with the head hanging off. The closer the face is to pointing strait sideways the more toe hang it has. The closer the face is to pointing at the ceiling the less toe hang it has.

Stroke Lab Three has quite a bit of toe hang. I was originally stroking the One during my fitting at #TheGrandaddy and Luke and Sean agreed I needed more toe hang and fit me into the Three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the recommendations coming. I’m going to play my Betti #2 on Monday before making another purchase. If I like it I may try to get something like a blade Queen B or a slant Odyssey Exo 7.

The Flux Unity has 90* toe hang but does not appear to affect the stroke to me, could be the counter balancing or just the design but it has a great flow in the stroke or at least mine and I have always played a face balanced or slight toe hang

Odyssey family #3 and #9 style putters. For toulon that would end up being things like the long island with flow neck, San Diego with a slant neck, and San Francisco with a flow neck. Also the latrobe.

Wilson 8802. Cant get much more toe hang than that.

Scotty Cameron newport 2.5, 3, and Laguna. Lots of toe hang there. Loom at the older go lo family for cheaper versions of the Newport 3.

Taylormade: Soto from the black copper.

Ping. Anything labeled strong arc. ZB is usually the one they have along with Tess.

Pretty much look for blades or modified blades that are heel shafted with a flow neck or slant neck. For mallets look for ones that have a slant neck.

I play the Wilson staff Michigan Avenue, got it brand new on the bay for $30. If you wanted to experiment with a quality putter with lots of toe hang, I love it.

Wilson Staff 8802. It hangs straight down.

Can anyone recommend a putter with a lot of toe-hang?

I love my Ping Zing Karsten TR. For players with strong arc. It hangs about 80 degrees.

I had a short fitting yesterday and he suggested a plumbers neck with some toe hang. The 2 he wanted me to try (SL Seven S & Doublewide flow) so he handed me the Sigma 2 Tyne 4.

Had a round with the Bettinardi SS#2 today, it went extremely well. It’s a 1/4 TH. I’ve also been putting very well recently with face-balanced, so I suspect that’s where my talents lie! So, maybe I need to reign in going for something which has too much TH.

Toulon Palm Beach...

Ok. Today went so well with 1/4 Toe hang, I have just purchased an Odyssey Exo Seven S, which I gather has 24*. Couldn’t resist it brand new at £190. Not the Stroke Lab model.

So my test in full will be:

Bettinardi Studio Stock 2019 #2
Bettinardi Studio Stock 2017 #3
Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
Odyssey O-Works Marxman
Odyssey Exo Seven S

Full house?

Back