Have UST recoil iron shafts been surpassed by other new options ??

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
With so many more options these days from KBS, Accra, and all the other normal Graphite driver shaft companies having a couple forms of iron shafts, is the recoil technology out dated?

Outdated? No, not at all.
More fitting options? Yes.

do wish more OEM had the Proto as options, right now i am trying to decide between Recoil 95, 110, or maybe TGI 80, but the TGI interest is fading as i like the idea of constant weight.

do wish more OEM had the Proto as options, right now i am trying to decide between Recoil 95, 110, or maybe TGI 80, but the TGI interest is fading as i like the idea of constant weight.

Are you still looking at the F9s? I'm playing the stock Atmos shaft and really like it.

UST continues to evolve and expand the Recoil lines so I would say absolutely not.

This is definitely the way to look at it. Recoils are a great option, but for a long time it seemed like they were the only game in town. Now there are many options that may or may not fit you as well or better.

They are constantly improving their iron shafts and utilizing new materials... the smacwrap and zt9 are two that come to mind. I'm also impressed with how they've expanded the options to so many new weight offerings and profiles... no other company puts out that many graphite iron shaft options, you could definitely find something suited to you with a proper fitting.

Oh... and custom options... YES!

Recoils have a lot more competition now for sure. Paderson is another that comes to mind.

Are you still looking at the F9s? I'm playing the stock Atmos shaft and really like it.

Yea F9 is my final choice, trying to decide between Modus 105, PX LZ 6.0, or the graphite route with Recoil 95 or 110 basically for the weight

They are constantly improving their iron shafts and utilizing new materials... the smacwrap and zt9 are two that come to mind. I'm also impressed with how they've expanded the options to so many new weight offerings and profiles... no other company puts out that many graphite iron shaft options, you could definitely find something suited to you with a proper fitting.

Oh... and custom options... YES!

The ZT9 shafts are fantastic.

Options are great, but new players in a market doesn't mean the OG is out of the game. UST is still innovating and making excellent shafts.

Not in my world!!

I wouldn't say surpassed, I would say there are just a lot more decent options.

I have had two sets of irons with Recoils in them, but can't put down my C200s with the Aldila Rogue graphite shafts..... just love them!

How do the 125 prototypes f5 compare to like a modus 130x.
I've got some 125 proto and was going to install but worried my swing might be too hard for it. 7iron carry 180-190, pretty quick tempo and transition

Back