A thread for SoCal golfers.

Good to see you found the right place to golf, Mike. Was going to tell you about it on the other forum, but you found it. Hope your trip goes well.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I would 100% be up to that, as Wood Ranch is one of the 2 courses in Ventura County I haven't played. Thank you for the generosity!!

You have a PM

Good to see you found the right place to golf, Mike. Was going to tell you about it on the other forum, but you found it. Hope your trip goes well.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

PMed you in the other forum.

Good to see this thread active again. Hope you are all well.

this thread is quiet! will be headed to El Cajon this weekend and playing up in Sycuan area, I believe the course is called Willow Glen? Anyone play there? How did you like it?

this thread is quiet! will be headed to El Cajon this weekend and playing up in Sycuan area, I believe the course is called Willow Glen? Anyone play there? How did you like it?

I live about a mile away from the Sycuan Resort and spend many hours a week there practicing. The resort has 3 courses. Two of the courses, Willow Glen and Oak Glen, are par 72 full sized courses. There is also an 18 hole par 54 course, Pine Glen. All are fun to play and are in good condition.

The Willow Glen course just had their greens punched last Thursday and may still be on the slow side as they recover. The Oak Glen course was scheduled to be punched this week.

I live about a mile away from the Sycuan Resort and spend many hours a week there practicing. The resort has 3 courses. Two of the courses, Willow Glen and Oak Glen, are par 72 full sized courses. There is also an 18 hole par 54 course, Pine Glen. All are fun to play and are in good condition.

The Willow Glen course just had their greens punched last Thursday and may still be on the slow side as they recover. The Oak Glen course was scheduled to be punched this week.

Thanks for the info Andy. Hopefully the greens won't be too bad when we tee off Sunday morning. Weather looks a bit cloudy and cool, I can deal with that coming from AZ.

Teeing off this morning at Sycuan Willow Glen. I'll let you know how it plays. First time playing the course.

Had a great experience at Sycuan. First off the military rate was $26 to walk. Teed off before 7am as a threesome and never had to wait on the group in front of us. Never saw a group behind us either. The tee boxes and fairways are in immaculate condition. The fringes around the greens were also manicured. The greens had been aereated last week but were not bumpy or overly slow. This course is one of the best values in San Diego.

Had a great experience at Sycuan. First off the military rate was $26 to walk. Teed off before 7am as a threesome and never had to wait on the group in front of us. Never saw a group behind us either. The tee boxes and fairways are in immaculate condition. The fringes around the greens were also manicured. The greens had been aereated last week but were not bumpy or overly slow. This course is one of the best values in San Diego.

thanks jubess! i'm looking forward to it. hopefully pace of play is similiar this sunday but with the holiday weekend, I don't see that happening.

Moving to SoCal this month. Looking for any recommendations on private clubs. I'll be living in Redondo Beach, but am willing to drive for it. Just don't want to go further than Porter ranch/Valencia North or San Juan Capistrano in South at the absolute farthest. My requirement for the club is that they have a junior executive program as I'm only 25, and the membership not be so large that it's impossible to play a 3.5 hour round weekdays, or have difficulty getting on course on weekends. Ideally will have fitness center and tennis, biggest perk would be a club that has some sort of caddie program. Thanks in advance.

Dan

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Going to throw this up in here as we have an unofficial event coming up in August and we are looking for more particpants (particularly from So Cal).

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?81000-2016-UnOfficial-NorCal-vs-SoCal-Thread

Open to anybody who wants to play, 2nd year we are doing it and SoCal currently holds the title. Was a great time last year and I don't expect it to be any different this year.

Surprised by the lack of SoCal folks especially with a majority of the California population down there. Step up and rep your region!

Surprised by the lack of SoCal folks especially with a majority of the California population down there. Step up and rep your region!

I would love to compete in this but after traveling for one golf event in May I need to lay low for a bit. Looks like a blast though.

I would love to compete in this but after traveling for one golf event in May I need to lay low for a bit. Looks like a blast though.

C'mon, thats three months later! And the courses are 3.5 hours away tops. And we have Golfboards (& hopefully good health insurance)! And did we mention the steaks are out of this world?

I'm not picking on you AS, I just want to see SoCal step up and join the fun, we had a blast last year!

C'mon, thats three months later! And the courses are 3.5 hours away tops. And we have Golfboards (& hopefully good health insurance)! And did we mention the steaks are out of this world?

I'm not picking on you AS, I just want to see SoCal step up and join the fun, we had a blast last year!

August 6th huh.... Let me see what i can do.

Man if this was in Carlsbad I would try to join you guys. I know you guys are going to have a blast though.

Flattery will get you everywhere

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

August 6th huh.... Let me see what i can do.

Would love to meet you there man. Will be interesting to hear you and ASN21 talk about the Handcrafted experience...

It will be a blast, so hopefully you can make it up.

I'm currently in negotiations with the missus if SoCal would have me. Would anyone else be bringing along their significant other? I may have to bribe her with the local wineries to get my way.

I'm currently in negotiations with the missus if SoCal would have me. Would anyone else be bringing along their significant other? I may have to bribe her with the local wineries to get my way.

Do it Galen! I heard there are some great wineries down there!

Make it happen! I'm not real familiar with the wines around Los Olivos, but if she wants to visit Edna Valley or Paso Robles, i can get you pointed in the right direction for local wineries.

Back