The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

I was at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday and saw a Moscow Mule cup and made me think of you guys.

I want to somehow get the Grandaddy blade cover in my hands

Yeah, I just watched the video again.
It is the good life.

You know you could sub in words related to the Grandaddy from the music from the video. They would fit perfectly. Good choice of songs JB!

Love that Philly was so comfortable with Roger effn Cleveland. That is pretty damn sweet!

I watched it last night again and it just kind of hit me that outside of something crazy us 12 won't have the chance to share a range anymore and it got real dusty at home

He's easy to be comfortable around

He really is. Such a nice guy, and genuinely excited about golf and helping golfers. I learned so much from him in just 20-25 minutes.

He's easy to be comfortable around
Surprisingly so to me. The guy is a freaking legend, but is incredibly easy to talk to and I could listen to him talk about bunker shots for days.

Surprisingly so to me. The guy is a freaking legend, but is incredibly easy to talk to and I could listen to him talk about bunker shots for days.

There are obviously a ton of reasons to want to be a part of the Grandaddy, but the possibility that Roger Cleveland might be there again giving bunker lessons is definitely not last on the list for me.

There are obviously a ton of reasons to want to be a part of the Grandaddy, but the possibility that Roger Cleveland might be there again giving bunker lessons is definitely not last on the list for me.
Bunker shots have terrified me for a long time because I never knew how to hit them. Having someone like RFC explain it in such simple terms is a game changer for sure. Now if I could always hit out of hideaway sand for the rest of my life, then I'd really be in business.

He makes it so simple, and it works. He talked about ball placement stance and swing in such an easy to understand fashion, and I think all of us were hitting better bunker shots because of it.

I have thought the same thing. The equipment would be awesome, the follow golfers would be awesome to hang with, but the possibility to learn from one of the best in the business would be the icing on the cake. I'm sure he's forgotten twice as much golfing knowledge than I will ever have.

He makes it so simple, and it works. He talked about ball placement stance and swing in such an easy to understand fashion, and I think all of us were hitting better bunker shots because of it.

I've actually gone back through the last few Grandaddy threads to re-read everyone's explanation of his lessons, and watched the video of him and AJ again recently too. I think it's helped me a bit, but I figure there would be nothing quite like hearing from the man himself.

You continue to make me jealous that you have been part of this life changing event! I will continue to work as hard as I can to join the club and appreciate all the input given because I will have experienced it for myself!!

I've gone through this thread a few times in the last month, and watched the video several times, I can't imagine what you all must have felt during this event. There aren't many shots in the video where someone isn't smiling:act-up:. This is clearly a trip of a life time and I couldn't imagine anyone on this site not wanting to experience this. Wow. Great friends, Great food, Great golf. This is what it's all about.

Thanks Mesa. Crazy part is that the 1st contest winner heading there in December is announced later this week.

Thanks Mesa. Crazy part is that the 1st contest winner heading there in December is announced later this week.

The anticipation is part of the fun of the entire experience. Who wouldn't rather be the first person chosen having several months to savor the wait. Also, your a very good table setter JB, you create the tension. It's a gift:act-up:

Thank you sir, although its pretty easy to set the table for THP Events. They are that good.

It makes me happy when people outside of our team post about watching the video. It's awesome that everyone enjoys it as much as we do. Thank you to everyone who followed along and given that video a watch

It makes me happy when people outside of our team post about watching the video. It's awesome that everyone enjoys it as much as we do. Thank you to everyone who followed along and given that video a watch

It's not just the video... I'm not exaggerating when I say that reading the whole grandaddy threads are a big reason I decided to finally sign up for the AC and start engaging with THP more (instead of just reading and lurking). The excitement you guys had for the event, and the bonds you developed together are incredibly obvious. It's something I really hope to be a part of somehow/someday. I can't wait to get a few rounds in with fellow THP'ers this summer.

one of my favorite things to do is go back to the live thread and read who was actively following. There was so much excitement throughout the thread, it's a blast to sit back and read it all over again.

If I'm ever lucky enough to get selected for this event, my personal goal is to be as vocal about it as you are. You and your team have set the "engagement" bar very very high. So thanks for that. You guys rocked it!

Back