New Game Golf system

I broke the belt clip on mine and had it in my pocket. I can now say 100% that it picks up way less swings in your pocket than it does on the belt. I forgot to tag 9 tee shots and it only detected 2 of them, where normally it doesn't miss a tee shot.

I broke the belt clip on mine and had it in my pocket. I can now say 100% that it picks up way less swings in your pocket than it does on the belt. I forgot to tag 9 tee shots and it only detected 2 of them, where normally it doesn't miss a tee shot.

I did a little more digging into that as well. They actually said had the device when worn on the belt will pick up the body's natural swinging motion. Obviously being in the pocket it isn't going to sense the movement in the hips that is typical of a golf swing.

I don't trust it on my belt so I'll put it in the pocket and make sure I don't forget to tag

If you send their Customer Service an email they will replace the belt clip free of charge for you.

But where to put it? Not on a club, so in your pocket? I'm afraid I'll lose it.

Also: I've been playing in particularly bad weather lately. That really messes up the stats, wish I could add weather conditions to the mix. In 5+ Beaufort it's a different game!

Screw the tag into a wine cork. Preferably one of those artificial ones.

But where to put it? Not on a club, so in your pocket? I'm afraid I'll lose it.

Also: I've been playing in particularly bad weather lately. That really messes up the stats, wish I could add weather conditions to the mix. In 5+ Beaufort it's a different game!
I don't actually tag it on the course, I just change clubs after the round

My first round with the classic version will be this Saturday and to say I'm excited is an understatement. Will be good to see some stats.

Hey all I got more info from jason at GG. He's answered a few of my emails within hours and even on weekends. Great customer service. Anyway in regards to tagging or forgetting to tag, and the effect on distance stats:
I apologize for any confusion, but I believe you are combining two different features. First, shot detection is something that we developed as a backup for users who happen to forget to tag the shot before a full-swing shot. This should allow the editing process to be quicker and smoother for those who happen to forget to tag the tee shot on a couple holes. The shot may be detected if you keep the device in your pocket, but the sensors were designed to detect shots while worn on the hip.

That said, if you remember to tag all your shots, then you will not need shot detection, and the device can be worn in the pocket without issue. Shot detection has no correlation to the accuracy of your typical distance stats.

In other words shot detection helps you collect the data accurately if you forget to tag. However, once the rounds are signed properly the club performance stats are calculated.

There should be no accuracy issues with playing with the device in your pocket if you remember to tag.

So basically what he is saying is that you don't need to use the extra tags for punch, bumps, etc as they have no impact on the distance stats after you sign a round. They have proprietary software algorithms that account for those and take them out of the stats. My concern was the algorithm was dependent upon wearing the device on the hip but that is NOT the case. The ONLY reason to wear in the hip is for the shot detection accuracy in the event you forget to tag.

So mine will stay in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being lazy here and not going back through the pages but anyone using just the tags and the android app? It does everything the classic does other than being legal and is $99. Seems like it would be a good deal and I can use it when I play other than tournaments.

Giving this a go for the first time tomorrow. Pretty damn excited and now reading up on how to set it up.

I have mine would be cool if there was a way to lay 2 peoples rounds on the same course on top of the hole

I have mine would be cool if there was a way to lay 2 peoples rounds on the same course on top of the hole

Glad to know I'll have someone who has used the device in the same group. I think Misike has GameGolf as well.

Just make sure you wear it on your belt by the hip and it should pick up any shots you forget to tag. I am the worst at remembering to tag I usually get home and my score is 32 for 18 holes then find all the putts and tee shots I didn't tag.

Really interested in purchasing game golf classic. For those who have been using either version now are you happy with your purchase? Did you get out of it what you wanted and expected? What have you found most useful from using Game Golf? Has it improved your game at all?

Really interested in purchasing game golf classic. For those who have been using either version now are you happy with your purchase? Did you get out of it what you wanted and expected? What have you found most useful from using Game Golf? Has it improved your game at all?

I had Game Golf Classic before I got upgraded to the Live version, and I would say either one is fine. I don't pay that much attention to the live stat tracking since it's mostly yardages, which are cool, but I'm more interested in how many yards I have left than how many yards I've gone. Still, being able to see how well I'm doing when I'm taking on the wind or whether I'm striking my woods well enough to leave my driver in the bag for the last few holes, are some nice features.

I think Game Golf can do a lot to help really reinforce what you need to work on. It's at its best when part of a lesson plan where you and your coach can get a really solid idea of where you need improvement. If you lose drives one direction or another, if your short game isn't doing what you want, that sort of thing. Seeing where I'm losing strokes using its strokes gained calculations is probably the best feature they've developed this year, and really helped guide my practice and emphasis.

I had Game Golf Classic before I got upgraded to the Live version, and I would say either one is fine. I don't pay that much attention to the live stat tracking since it's mostly yardages, which are cool, but I'm more interested in how many yards I have left than how many yards I've gone. Still, being able to see how well I'm doing when I'm taking on the wind or whether I'm striking my woods well enough to leave my driver in the bag for the last few holes, are some nice features.

I think Game Golf can do a lot to help really reinforce what you need to work on. It's at its best when part of a lesson plan where you and your coach can get a really solid idea of where you need improvement. If you lose drives one direction or another, if your short game isn't doing what you want, that sort of thing. Seeing where I'm losing strokes using its strokes gained calculations is probably the best feature they've developed this year, and really helped guide my practice and emphasis.

Great info thanks. I'm most interested to find out what the weakest parts of my game are and work on those areas. That strokes gained feature sounds pretty useful. I'd like to know if I'm missing greens on one side more than the other as well. General stat tracking would be nice too since I've sort of gotten away from that over the last two season.

If I want it for post round tracking, is the classic the way to go?
I do not want to link it my phone.

If I want it for post round tracking, is the classic the way to go?
I do not want to link it my phone.

If you do not want to use your phone both the Classic and Live versions will work. The Live version will work exactly the same as the Classic when used without a phone.

As suggested you can do all of your edits and analysis on the computer vs. your phone when using the Classic. However, if in the future you want to use the on course GPS functions and round editing on your phone, the live version is the way to go. If you are absolutely positive that you never want to use your phone, save your money and do get the Classic version.

Really excited about using this as I just bought it, but now I feel as if it is broken. When plugged in it just gives me a solid red light and a flashing white light.

Any active golf pros or celebs to follow on Game Golf?

Any active golf pros or celebs to follow on Game Golf?
Graeme McDowell, jim furyk, Westwood are on there - they are endorsement deals though so take it for what it's worth.

I like looking under the "explore" tab and searching courses. You could probably find some celebs if you search all the famous impossible for Joe Schmoe to play on courses. I like to see the low scores on my usual courses. See if I know any of them.

Game Golf Application Update

Game Golf Application Update

Had trouble today connecting a new Game Golf Live module to my iMac. I tried everything but the GGL application just wouldn't recognize the module when it was plugged in. Finally I removed the application, downloaded a new copy and reinstalled. Worked as a charm now.

I notice that they upgraded their application from v.1.0.1 (or something very similar to that) to v.2.0.0. Now when you goto "device details" by using the arrow button, there are now 2 new buttons. "Erase" which will cleanup the storage and "Factory Reset".

Thought I would pass this information along to everyone.

Had trouble today connecting a new Game Golf Live module to my iMac. I tried everything but the GGL application just wouldn't recognize the module when it was plugged in. Finally I removed the application, downloaded a new copy and reinstalled. Worked as a charm now.

I notice that they upgraded their application from v.1.0.1 (or something very similar to that) to v.2.0.0. Now when you goto "device details" by using the arrow button, there are now 2 new buttons. "Erase" which will cleanup the storage and "Factory Reset".

Thought I would pass this information along to everyone.

They updated the phone app too. Changed maps from Apple to google I believe and it's all now vertical and shows every shot on the hole rather than having to tap on each shot. Looks more like Arccos and most other golf Gps apps like golf shot. I understand why they did that - to appeal to the people already using those apps - but I can't decide if I like it this way or the old way better.

It runs much smoother though and is much easier to edit shots on the course which I do like.

And there's a yearly subscription as well.

smiley-face-thumbs-down-clipart-Thumbs_down_smiley2_Clip_Art.png

Back