Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

Still rocking my Amp Cells would love a chance to try these bad boys out.

Still rocking my Amp Cells would love a chance to try these bad boys out.

My wife very recently swapped her AMP cells (or rather I paid for her to swap) for F6 irons. They are a really big leap forward from the AMP cells. I think you will have a pleasant surprise.

My wife very recently swapped her AMP cells (or rather I paid for her to swap) for F6 irons. They are a really big leap forward from the AMP cells. I think you will have a pleasant surprise.
It's funny though because I feel as though I finally know what I can do with the Amp Cells but with all the tech that Cobra is putting in to offerings I know these are better.

It's funny though because I feel as though I finally know what I can do with the Amp Cells but with all the tech that Cobra is putting in to offerings I know these are better.

Her distance and accuracy has improved a lot since the switch. Some of which has to be due to the tech in these irons.

Im definitely intrigued by the make up of this set and the benefits they bring across the full bag. Great technology put into the F6 irons. Feel every level of golfer could benefit from these in some way.

I think we should pick a couple of Albatross Club Members to review these as well as Jman. Its a really intriguing set.
Very cool idea and definitely a unique and intriguing set, would love to experience what Jman is excited about with these.

That would be one heck of an amazing opportunity!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is, you can get away with a lot laterally on these.

This is something that triggers good feelings for me. I also finally saw a set in person ... so much yes.

I think we should pick a couple of Albatross Club Members to review these as well as Jman. Its a really intriguing set.

Speaking of triggering good endorphins....

Amazing opportunity for a fellow THPer. Will be looking for the reviews.

Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

Cobra KING F6 Irons - THP Review Thread

I would give my right arm for a chance to play these and do a review. But if I did that the review probly wouldn't be great.

I just per chased a set of theses, with the True Temper XP 95 shafts, the lie adjusted -1* and Winn Dri-tacs with 2 extra wraps. If the snow would ever go away here in Alpena I could get outside and hit them and would gladly post my thoughts.

Nice grappler, once that snow clear be sure to post up, we love continues thoughts here at THP!

I just per chased a set of theses, with the True Temper XP 95 shafts, the lie adjusted -1* and Winn Dri-tacs with 2 extra wraps. If the snow would ever go away here in Alpena I could get outside and hit them and would gladly post my thoughts.
Congrats on the purchase looking forward to your thoughts

This is something that triggers good feelings for me. I also finally saw a set in person ... so much yes.

Speaking of triggering good endorphins....

They look amazing in person. For some reason pics don't do Cobra clubs justice. I felt that way about the Bio Cells as well. But these clubs just look and feel fantastic.

I posted something in the birdie streak thread that should probably go here too. In the 8 rounds since I purchased my new F6s I'm making birdie nearly 3 times more frequently. In 2014/2015 combined, (125+ rounds), I was averaging about 1 birdie for every 39 holes. With my new irons it's been happening about once every 16 holes. Every thing hasn't been perfect. It took a bit to get used to the shafts being graphite and about 20g lighter than the irons they replaced, so my shot to shot consistency REALLY suffered. I think I had been relying on my heavier irons to help pull themselves through impact whenever I'd quit (or guide) on the downswing which caused some wonky results when I went lighter. A four hole stretch from a couple weeks ago kinda illustrates what I'm trying to say. #3 (par 3) completely topped a teed up 5 iron 75 yards. #4 (par 4) drove through dogleg and had to shape a 6 iron under some branches and draw it about 20 yards if i hoped to catch the green. Shot came off better than I dreamed and drew right in at the flag, carrying a front bunker, and leaving an easy 2 foot birdie. #5 (par 3 over lake) mirror image of prior par 3 in that I flat out topped a teed up 7 iron right into the lake. #6 (par 5) left with a perfect PW distance for my 3rd, beautiful shot that never left the pin and made a 6 footer for bird from just behind the hole. But there again, I'd never played graphite irons before and am now committing to getting completely though my shots, with some real nice results in the last three rounds. Zero topped irons, many solid shots, more (and closer) birdie opps than I'm used to.

Also, is there any way to merge the review pertinent content from the other review of these irons. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...8977-Cobra-KING-F6-Irons-Review-amp-Interview There is a ton of real good stuff in that one and we are kind of only seeing half the content depending upon which F6 iron thread we open? I know I've posted several times there and it's actually the newer thread I think? I know for myself there have been a few times I was going to post something to relate to something i kinda remembered jman referencing and get frustrated reading through an entire thread to not find what I'm looking for and give up. Thanks, and I understand if it's not possible to merge, but these irons are just so good, I hate for users to just get half the picture.

Little bump action for those who are chomping at the but with the news of 441 and another lucky albatross member getting these in hand for some forum reviews. Some might enjoy the review and interview with TO in the first post.

Truly, imo, THE most unique iron set on the market.

Little bump action for those who are chomping at the but with the news of 441 and another lucky albatross member getting these in hand for some forum reviews. Some might enjoy the review and interview with TO in the first post.

Truly, imo, THE most unique iron set on the market.

Wait, what!? How did I miss that announcement?

Wait, what!? How did I miss that announcement?
It was in the other thread (pre review going up thread) and the excitement thereafter had that thread hopping!

It was in the other thread (pre review going up thread) and the excitement thereafter had that thread hopping!

Well darn, shame on me for the skim.

That is pretty incredible, based on your thoughts, I'd love to test these against my DPFs

Well darn, shame on me for the skim.

That is pretty incredible, based on your thoughts, I'd love to test these against my DPFs

Yup I missed it too. I am intrigued though. I love Cobra woods but haven't had a chance to try any irons.

Yup I missed it too. I am intrigued though. I love Cobra woods but haven't had a chance to try any irons.

Based on JMan's thoughts I think you should check these out, with your swing changes I don't think these would be a bad change for you.

Both threads are labeled "review" which is the real one. Both had traffic today. The other one was the most current when I checked an hour ago. Now this one is? Is a merge possible?

Both threads are labeled "review" which is the real one. Both had traffic today. The other one was the most current when I checked an hour ago. Now this one is? Is a merge possible?

No, they wont be merged for a few reasons, but this is the "real" thread.

This is awesome, love reading reviews from THP members, and this set is very intriguing to me. Live what Cobra is coming out with recently.

Copy paste of a mini piece propping my awesome F6s for getting me more/better birdie opps that I added in the wrong review thread earlier today. Just so it will be in the real review thread if I need to reference it to add something later.
--------
I posted something in the birdie streak thread that should probably go here too. In the 8 rounds since I purchased my new F6s I'm making birdie nearly 3 times more frequently. In 2014/2015 combined, (125+ rounds), I was averaging about 1 birdie for every 39 holes. With my new irons it's been happening about once every 16 holes. Every thing hasn't been perfect. It took a bit to get used to the shafts being graphite and about 20g lighter than the irons they replaced, so my shot to shot consistency REALLY suffered. I think I had been relying on my heavier irons to help pull themselves through impact whenever I'd quit (or guide) on the downswing which caused some wonky results when I went lighter. A four hole stretch from a couple weeks ago kinda illustrates what I'm trying to say. #3 (par 3) completely topped a teed up 5 iron 75 yards. #4 (par 4) drove through dogleg and had to shape a 6 iron under some branches and draw it about 20 yards if i hoped to catch the green. Shot came off better than I dreamed and drew right in at the flag, carrying a front bunker, and leaving an easy 2 foot birdie. #5 (par 3 over lake) mirror image of prior par 3 in that I flat out topped a teed up 7 iron right into the lake. #6 (par 5) left with a perfect PW distance for my 3rd, beautiful shot that never left the pin and made a 6 footer for bird from just behind the hole. But there again, I'd never played graphite irons before and am now committing to getting completely though my shots, with some real nice results in the last three rounds. Zero topped irons, many solid shots, more (and closer) birdie opps than I'm used to.

Back