Callaway XR16 Sub Zero Driver Preview

Hey guys remember me :) I'm back and can't wait to rejoin in on all the fun. I'm really looking forward to hitting this driver. Loving my M1 but if I find it outperforms it I'll switch in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

@JB what shaft will be in this club at Club I? IIRC there is no stock shaft stated on callaway website. Only shows custom as shaft and length

Not necessarily. Just want to hit it lol

Lol

I think everyone wants to swing it. It just won't fit most of us. I'll be hitting soft knuckleballs with it like Phil Niekro.

@JB what shaft will be in this club at Club I? IIRC there is no stock shaft stated on callaway website. Only shows custom as shaft and length

Good question. The one I hit had a Matrix SpeedRulz, but do not know as of yet.

Callaway XR16 Sub Zero Driver Preview

If I remember correctly, there is no "stock shaft" for this one. Buyer will be able to choose amongst the 20 no charge shafts they offer. I do have to admit though that the matrix speed rulz has peaked my interested based on conversation in the thread here

I've been able to play this driver a few rounds now and while it's being touted as unforgiving, I'd have to say I disagree. I find it to be just as forgiving as my BBA 815 standard driver (not DBD). It's definitely a spin killer though, which is awesome for me since I tend to have a negative AoA even with the driver. As always I recommend being fit properly, but I think this driver is for more people than its getting credit for.

I bet I see 5 degrees of launch and negative spin with this one at ClubClash hahahaha

I bet I see 5 degrees of launch and negative spin with this one at ClubClash hahahaha
Which means I'll see 13 degrees of launch and 2200 RPMs of spin haha

648928c6026603ff26195dbc3910220d.jpg

51d4f008cc4288f5da2d9692f5f4285a.jpg

I want to see how this performs for people and I want to hit it!

if you want to see negative spin and a launch angle of >5* I will probably be able to help you out when I swing this next week. :D

I bet you I could make it work!!

It's got all the makings of a driver I think could be in my wheelhouse. I just want to know at what cost, and how much of a separation from the awesome forgiveness of the XR profile.

I'll be interested to see some numbers on ball retention more than anything. Really curious about this one.

I bet you I could make it work!!

It's got all the makings of a driver I think could be in my wheelhouse. I just want to know at what cost, and how much of a separation from the awesome forgiveness of the XR profile.

For you with high spin it sounds like a winner. I am curious how the forgiveness works for someone like you. I know when I hit the 815 DBD a heel or low anywhere mishit was a line drive that went right or left quickly

This driver most definitely won't be about forgiveness. It will be about dumping off spin for those that need it. With that said, that's usually the profile that I hit best on course so I'm interested to see how I hit it. I'll put up really low spin on flights cope fornsure, I'm glad there will be course testing

Back