scgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
If I remove the Callaway adaptor from the shafts of my GBB 3 wood and 5 wood can they be installed in the TM M4 woods? I know they can but would the club length be shorter and also would the club play differently (stiffer).

I think different adaptors will be different in length. I say that because I’m the past when I looked at different shafts they give you the option of adaptors and it states how much in length the adaptor adds and they all varied.

I think different adaptors will be different in length. I say that because I’m the past when I looked at different shafts they give you the option of adaptors and it states how much in length the adaptor adds and they all varied.

+1
e.png

I am not very familiar with TM woods in regards to whether they have adjustable hosels or if the M4 FWs are bonded. Even if TM adapters are going on for the FWs, they may possibly play at slightly different lengths that they did in Callaway heads. Case in point, I removed a Callaway adapter from a shaft and put a Tour Edge adapter on that shaft. In the Tour Edge driver head, it plays .25" less than it did in the Callaway head. Even if it is slightly shorter or longer, I really doubt you will notice much, if any, difference in the flex of the shaft.

I am not very familiar with TM woods in regards to whether they have adjustable hosels or if the M4 FWs are bonded. Even if TM adapters are going on for the FWs, they may possibly play at slightly different lengths that they did in Callaway heads. Case in point, I removed a Callaway adapter from a shaft and put a Tour Edge adapter on that shaft. In the Tour Edge driver head, it plays .25" less than it did in the Callaway head. Even if it is slightly shorter or longer, I really doubt you will notice much, if any, difference in the flex of the shaft.

The TM woods are bonded while the Callaways are not.

Back