Comfortable Carry Bag?

FrancisD

Reaction score
Handicap
What are people's thoughts on a comfortable carry bag? I currently have a Sun Mountain 2.5 and have been using it for almost a year and I have to say that while it is very light the straps are very uncomfortable for me. After a year I thought I would get used to them but after every round my shoulders are still sore from the straps rubbing.

What are people using for a carry bag?

I have a Jones Utility Rover that is a very comfortable carry. But my back and shoulders are 54 years old so it is still not an easy carry for me... Also have a SM 2.5 and the Jones is a more comfortable carry than the 2.5 to me. No stand though. If you are interested in the Jones (used for 3 rounds), shot me a PM and we can try to work something out. At my age, I probably need to stick to pushing my Clicgear.

Ping Hoofer is a steadfast recommendation.

The cobra ultralight that I got from the Morgan cup is also very nice.

PING 4 series or Hoofer are old standbys for carrying.

The Ogio Shadow Fuse look really nice, and the design goal of those was to make the most comfortable, not necessarily the lightest bag.

Cobra ultralight stand bag we got at the MC - walked 18 with it today and it was great.

Cobra Ultralight Sunday Bag Is great for walking as well and a great price.

I second/third the other statements that the Cobra ultralight is a nice carry bag. My favorite carry bag of all of them is the SunMountain 3.5. although a little heavier than the 2.5, the straps are so much more comfortable that it more than makes up the difference in weight.

Ding, ding, ding, ding. You absolutely nailed it with your question. The marketing hype for stand bags has a major emphasis on weight. The difference in bag weight is typically less than 2 pounds. That's nothing once you load your bag. The really big factor for walkers is the straps. The most comfortable bag I have ever had is the Nike Performance Hybrid. I just bought a slightly used one to stretch out my use of it a little longer. Because unfortunately, it is no longer sold.

I'll be watching this thread with you.

I would like to hear more than simply an opinion though. Tell us why you think the bag strap system is superior and what is your basis of comparison. For example, the strapping system on the Nike Performance Hybrid are wider and have more padding than virtually any other strapping system I've seen. I've seen a few that have as much padding, but not as wide and visa versa. But not both. The double strap system they use also has connectors that swivel, which better distributes the weight. These obviously are features I'm looking to find in a replacement bag, or another design that accomplishes the same thing.

The 2018 or newer Ping Hoofer or Hoofer Lite has damn comfortable straps. I carried for 40 years and this year bought a push cart. I won't be going back.

The 2018 or newer Ping Hoofer or Hoofer Lite has damn comfortable straps. I carried for 40 years and this year bought a push cart. I won't be going back.

At 58 and after a surgical procedure for my back, my carrying days are done. I have even bought a battery powered push cart, but the Clickgear 3.5+ is pretty darn friendly, too. But, don’t want to hijack a good thread.

Ogio Shadow Fuse. It is lightweight and has ergonomically placed wide sections of the strap for extra comfort.

I also had the Sun Mountain, but the 2.5+. Super light, but personally I found it uncomfortable to carry and the straps were awful. Now I have the Taylormade Flextech Lite and this seems a vast improvement in the comfort. Little heavier of course, but much better to carry.

Other peoples results, may, of course vary.

I have the Jones Utility Trouper stand bag and it is far and away the most comfortable bag I’ve carried. The straps are thickly padded and just wide enough to not feel cumbersome.

The new Titleist bag that I won for the Titleist event is very comfortable as well. But with the Jones having thicker straps, it gets the edge for your purposes from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following along as well. Been in the market just like to see some feedback.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back