Rather play with somebody on the same level or it doesn't matter?

If someone would be so kind as to direct me to the origin post for #DontbeaRichard, I’d be much obliged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t point you to that post however prior to my first THP event, the original #staffproto, I asked for a guideline on THP events. The most common answer was to enjoy myself, be myself and don’t be a Richard.

I like to play with someone better which isn't hard to find and also like to play with guys that are around the same handicap as me. I think it helps me cause I watch people swing from tee boxes to green sometimes in hopes of picking up some tips or notice what they do vs what I did but I don't bug them with questions! For example: If they are great off the tee or have an excellent iron game or short game, I will pick up on that and watch that part of their game to see if it can help me!

It doesnt matter to me. Most people I get paired with are worse golfers than I am, much worse in some cases and it doesnt matter. Im out there to have fun and enjoy my golf and I want others to do the same. Their skill level is irrelevant.

I definitely play worse when I'm playing with someone exceptionally bad.

I play my best either alone or with someone around my skill level.

Doesn't seem to make a difference when playing with someone miles ahead of me.

Re-thinking on this: I can enjoy playing with just about anyone that is enjoyable to play with. If they are better or worse, I'll play against the course. If there is a match to be had, I'm for it.

However, when it comes to watching golf. The better they are, the better I enjoy it. Please, don't video or bring a mirror, lol. Save that for my lessons.

Handicap and net scores, just a poor substitute. Sometimes required, but not as fulfilling either direction.

As long as you can get the ball off the ground and are getting semi-close to the green in regulation, I’m happy to play with any skill level.

It doesn't make much of a difference to me, as long as the golfer is not a total beginner - first time out on a course, no idea of etiquette, etc... I enjoy playing with golfers of all levels - ESPECIALLY those who can really play!

It doesn't make much of a difference to me, as long as the golfer is not a total beginner - first time out on a course, no idea of etiquette, etc... I enjoy playing with golfers of all levels - ESPECIALLY those who can really play!
I don't mind playing with beginners... if they're out there to learn. If they blow me off when I try to teach them etiquette, then I'm done with them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would rather play with someone around the same skill level as me but it really depends on the person. I'm a mid 70's to low 80's player typically and playing with someone comparable is very enjoyable. It produces competition which I like but it also keeps play moving rather quickly. Playing with someone who hacks it all over the course can be tough for pace of play as well as for my own rhythm. If I am waiting for someone to hit 2 or 3 shots because I get to play my next it can really throw me off.

On the flip side, if playing with someone that doesn't play the best but they play fast, they have proper etiquette, and enjoy giving and receiving a good ribbing or two then I don't mind playing with them.

I don’t play the tips, so I prefer to play with people playing from the same tees I do - white, green, etc.

Yeah, regardless of where you play from it is nice to be together on the box.

Never fun to feel like you have to hustle up or down the line before taking your shot.

Usually don't care, but if playing with someone who can't keep it on the planet it can get exhausting looking for balls all day.

It doesn't matter to me as long as they are not a Jackass! Most of the people I play with are better than me but That is what makes me want to get better.
Most of my friends are within 5-10 strokes of me but Playing in the Morgan Cup 2018 I got to see some really amazing golf played and it was interesting to see how better players get around.
I have met some really cool people going out as a single.

I don't mind playing with anyone at any level, if they play at a decent pace and aren't a Richard.

That said, playing with golfers better than me is better for my development.

I prefer play with similar skill level but It’s not set in stone.
I rather play with person who has golf manners. As long as they enjoy the game and have decent amount of manners.

I played with drunks and stoners. That was worst experience I’ve had in golf course.

Back