The Golf Ramble Thread

So because it's your friend and the first round of the season in cold weather we don't just go to 2? hahahaha

Thanks.

I think that's perfectly acceptable. :alien:

Paige Spiranac is playing a round of golf at my home course today! Too bad I have to go to work - I will Tweet her later, see how she liked it!!

Paige Spiranac is playing a round of golf at my home course today! Too bad I have to go to work - I will Tweet her later, see how she liked it!!

Dang.. I would have caddied for her

Just call in sick! It's Paige Spiranac!

First hole of a round on the opening tee shot you hook one into the water. Second shot off the tee you hook one in the water. Third shot you drop one by your buddies ball out on the fairway. What is the stroke count after you hit off the fairway?

Note, this was not me.
The count is a big fat x and take your esc max

The count is a big fat x and take your esc max
If I am playing someone in stroke play, I am making sure they finish the hole with a number, no matter how large that number is.
Or they can forfeit the match on the first tee box.

Would be a DQ then from the description of what happened. That or like a 4 stroke penalty

I say do whatever it is that makes the game fun for you! Take all your putts and improve your lie. If that gets you to the course and keeps you coming back! I get that tournaments are different and I don't play that way but at the end of the day you are the one swinging the club!

I seriously can't decide on using the Great Big Bertha or the Legacy Black II for my driver. ugh.

the GBB is more forgiving (especially high on the face), but heavier.

The Legacy black has a gloss finish, and has better spin numbers for me.

Both sound great on impact. Both are bombers when hit well. guess it's a decent problem to have since I hit both decently, but I wish I could decide.

If a course has no mention of a dress code on their website or scorecard is it safe to assume they don't have one. It's a rural course and I think I've seen people play in jeans out there before.

If a course has no mention of a dress code on their website or scorecard is it safe to assume they don't have one. It's a rural course and I think I've seen people play in jeans out there before.

I would think it would be more of a lax dress code.

Do you really want to golf in jeans though? I go the odd time in my work pants (if I forgot my go bag), and generally am super uncomfortable.

Love my golf pants. Wish I could wear them all year long they are so comfortable.

I would think it would be more of a lax dress code.

Do you really want to golf in jeans though? I go the odd time in my work pants (if I forgot my go bag), and generally am super uncomfortable.

Love my golf pants. Wish I could wear them all year long they are so comfortable.

I can't even go to the range in jeans or a regular t-shirt. More or less a random question.

I can't even go to the range in jeans or a regular t-shirt. More or less a random question.

Gotcha. Coming from playing in jeans often, it is surprising how quickly I became a golf pant convert.

Gotcha. Coming from playing in jeans often, it is surprising how quickly I became a golf pant convert.

That sounds like 4 hours of hot misery. I only own 1 pair of jeans and wear them on the weekend. The rip at the worst place at the best time. hahahaha I have no shame.

Hit 9/14 fairways today, and the missed fairways weren't bad either. I also hit 4 greens in regulation. 26 putts brought me in with a 79, but 4 greens while hitting 9 fairways really makes me angry.

Hit 9/14 fairways today, and the missed fairways weren't bad either. I also hit 4 greens in regulation. 26 putts brought me in with a 79, but 4 greens while hitting 9 fairways really makes me angry.

You hit 4/18 on gir's and shot 79? I would take that all day.

So, my course aerated quite a few weeks ago, and they were well on the mend until a cold spell hit, and now a week without rain. Rather than load the greens up with water to aid in growth, they've let them bake a bit, and are now browning a bit.

I find that incredibly stupid for a course to not encourage growth while greens repair themselves from aeration. And it sucks because I am a huge proponent for the browned greens any other time of the year!

So, my course aerated quite a few weeks ago, and they were well on the mend until a cold spell hit, and now a week without rain. Rather than load the greens up with water to aid in growth, they've let them bake a bit, and are now browning a bit.

I find that incredibly stupid for a course to not encourage growth while greens repair themselves from aeration. And it sucks because I am a huge proponent for the browned greens any other time of the year!

That doesn't sound like it will be fun to putt on. Strange call, how is the grounds crew with the rest of your course.

That doesn't sound like it will be fun to putt on. Strange call, how is the grounds crew with the rest of your course.

It's usually really good. There has been a lot of talk about firming up the greens for the 2016 season and I think they just got a little overzealous for April.

Just so freaking happy to hit 2 buckets tonight and every ball I hit had a right to left bias on it.Most were tiny 5 yarder curves,some a little more.So excited since my last week was all super rights.My pro is a genius

Just so freaking happy to hit 2 buckets tonight and every ball I hit had a right to left bias on it.Most were tiny 5 yarder curves,some a little more.So excited since my last week was all super rights.My pro is a genius

Glad your seeing what you want to keep working dude

Pretty sure the group in front of me played my ball on the last hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it's no secret that I am atrocious off the tee. Between penalties and blocked approaches due to wild tee shots, it cost me 8 strokes today in my round of 94. Admittedly I do not practice much with that part of my game, I mostly focus on my wedge play. But I an afraid of dropping too much practice time from the short game in favor of the tee game.

On 18 today I had a tee shot go OB (and thankfully it did not cause an accident on the major road parallel to the hole!) and re-teed it. I hit what ended up being the best tee shot of the day and of course I lost it in the sun and never saw it. So I am hitting 4 from 140y out and hit what I thought was a great 8i but it rolled just off the back of the green. As I am riding up to the green I am talking to my dad about my practice focuses and how maybe I need to switch focus. I get to my ball which is just in the heavy rough but less than a foot from the fringe and about 20 feet from the hole. I hit the chip... And it rolled in perfectly for a miracle bogey! Only the second chip in I have ever had.

Maybe that was something telling me not to give up on what I'm doing, but the timing was perfect.

Pretty sure the group in front of me played my ball on the last hole

And the knuckleheads drove over a par 3green cause they came up short, then parked the cart on the fringe. Yelled at to get off the green the yelled something I couldn't understand back. Called the pro shop to tell them and checked in after I finished and the guy got on them about it but they denied it.

So it's no secret that I am atrocious off the tee. Between penalties and blocked approaches due to wild tee shots, it cost me 8 strokes today in my round of 94. Admittedly I do not practice much with that part of my game, I mostly focus on my wedge play. But I an afraid of dropping too much practice time from the short game in favor of the tee game.

On 18 today I had a tee shot go OB (and thankfully it did not cause an accident on the major road parallel to the hole!) and re-teed it. I hit what ended up being the best tee shot of the day and of course I lost it in the sun and never saw it. So I am hitting 4 from 140y out and hit what I thought was a great 8i but it rolled just off the back of the green. As I am riding up to the green I am talking to my dad about my practice focuses and how maybe I need to switch focus. I get to my ball which is just in the heavy rough but less than a foot from the fringe and about 20 feet from the hole. I hit the chip... And it rolled in perfectly for a miracle bogey! Only the second chip in I have ever had.

Maybe that was something telling me not to give up on what I'm doing, but the timing was perfect.

Just a little time working on getting off the tee for a week or so will do you wonders, but keep up that short game.

I played in t shirt one day. Worst day of golf in years.

Back