Home Practice Area /pics

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
I have noticed a few people on here talk about hitting balls at the house or practicing other parts of the game at home. Lets see what your setup is and how you build it. Please include some pictures.

Just picture a big area rug, with an impact bag and a big mirror to look in. That's how I practice at home. Also my upstairs carpet rolls pretty good for puttin!

No pictures needed here.
Just imagine a small, fenced in backyard with a small, empty flowerpot sitting in the middle, surrounded by 20 or so plastic whiffle ball style practice golf balls and that's me....

I wanted to bump this to get some pictures in here. I know some of you guys practice at the house. Show us what your setup is, in or outdoors.

I live two blocks from my local muni. It rarely has more than 3 groups playing on it, so that entire course is my 'backyard' practice area. I could post picks, but its nothing special.

~Rock

Thanks man. I am looking more for nets and mat setups. I want to build something, but just need some ideas.

Grant, next time I go by my buddies house I will snap some pictures for you. He lives in a golfing community and the house he is in was previously lived in by the course pro. His side-yard is a large artificial putting green w/ undulation for breaks, surrounded by a bigger area with thicker turf that you can chip on to the green with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I am looking more for nets and mat setups. I want to build something, but just need some ideas.

I built a net for my yard(can also be used inside), with Golf impact netting and pvc pipes.

I used 2 inch pvc pipes but you could probably get away with 1-1/2". I got the idea from a video on youtube.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fIByOjBMA

Here is the pic of my net. It is actually an old pic. I changed the string for some clips. It allows me to remove the tops ones and makes the net portable. I'll see if I can take another pic of the new net along with the mat and teego.

Not sure if this is where this video should go but...Raining here in Michigan today. Cleaning out the golf area and having a few beers.
Thought I would throw up a video while I had things kind of neat.
Video is rough so bare with me.. I am not an AV guy or an on camera personality...
LOL.. but it gave me something to do.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=0PFpOGGAJJw

Not sure if this is where this video should go but...Raining here in Michigan today. Cleaning out the golf area and having a few beers.
Thought I would throw up a video while I had things kind of neat.
Video is rough so bare with me.. I am not an AV guy or an on camera personality...
LOL.. but it gave me something to do.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=0PFpOGGAJJw

link is not working for me

With the help of my buddy who owns a putting green company, I put a 15'x15' piece of putting turf in my mancave. It allows me to practice a lot, it's not unusual for me to be down there hitting putts, watching sports, and drinking an IPA out of the kegerator 6+ hours a week.

attachment.php

With the help of my buddy who owns a putting green company, I put a 15'x15' piece of putting turf in my mancave. It allows me to practice a lot, it's not unusual for me to be down there hitting putts, watching sports, and drinking an IPA out of the kegerator 6+ hours a week.

attachment.php

I want to be you when I grow up :D

Grant, next time I go by my buddies house I will snap some pictures for you. He lives in a golfing community and the house he is in was previously lived in by the course pro. His side-yard is a large artificial putting green w/ undulation for breaks, surrounded by a bigger area with thicker turf that you can chip on to the green with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This sounds awesome. It would be so nice to have amenities like that right at home!

**awesome picture**
This is SO my basement.....when my MIL no longer lives down there.

Here is mine...

4b7cd2dc-8938-4afe-995b-77db2ac93699_zpsftbrf78j.jpg

link is not working for me

Not sure on that one.. Works from all devices on my end... And is getting views.. Please try again later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took my portable setup outside since it was a nice sunny day!! Thought I was going to have issues with misreads since the sun was shining directly on the skytrak...but I really didn't have any problems.

I see a Widgi Creek flag from my neck of the woods!!

attachment.php

Took my portable setup outside since it was a nice sunny day!! Thought I was going to have issues with misreads since the sun was shining directly on the skytrak...but I really didn't have any problems.

Nice I take mine out in the side yard. I can go about 140 yards safely.. It is fun to hit the shot and watch it land.. Then.. Replay it on Skytrak.. I have built a screen to hit full shots into as well..

Knew there had to be this thread already. First time I've spent out there this year. In need of some serious spring TLC, but it works.
ac2050b0ef680a4e9657e306a0414426.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

attachment.php

I realize now it's the keg tap, but I spend the last 5 minutes trying to figure out why you had a bottle of strawberry Pucker (or perhaps Heinz Ketchup) on tap.

Knew there had to be this thread already. First time I've spent out there this year. In need of some serious spring TLC, but it works.
ac2050b0ef680a4e9657e306a0414426.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man this looks like my paradise!

Backyard bunker

Backyard bunker

20180525_091206.jpg

Step 1 Dig hole

20180525_091417.jpg

Step 2 Line with plastic and poke holes

20180525_092113.jpg

Step 3 Fill with sand

20180525_093825.jpg

Step 4 Enjoy!!

I have a cheap hitting net that I got last year that I just leave set up all spring summer fall. This year I cut a chip / pitch lane. It's 48" wide (John Deere) and 100 yards long. You probably can't see the flags but I've got one at each 10 yard interval.
The lane helped me focus on directional accuracy as I use to be way left and right. Now with a large bucket of balls chipping out to 40 yds I'll have 20 outside the path and those are never more than 4' out.

Attachments

• IMG_20180526_092737.jpg
    IMG_20180526_092737.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 0
Back