Song Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
Typically speaking....(I was fitted by Ping for a undersize grip (aqua)).
Between the midsize vs undersize, what might happen if I went midsize from undersize.
I heard, that having the undersized grip helps get the club head around.

I was fitted for Aqua in my Pings and it helped alot. Part of the improvement was from getting fit, but I went from fade to a nice little draw. Just regripped with Aquas.

I was fitted for Aqua in my Pings and it helped alot. Part of the improvement was from getting fit, but I went from fade to a nice little draw. Just regripped with Aquas.

Thanks for your input. I am thinking of regripping and doing the dri tac undersized grips. Just wish there were more color options lol

I think smaller grips encourage draws, but I could be wrong - maybe getting too wristy is the problem w small grips.

I was fitted for aqua. Too small for me. Seemed to add to other things making my draw to a hook. I ended up replacing them with standard and adding a little tape.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sometimes when using a larger grip, you could have some issues turning the club over. Personally I like my midsize grips. A lot more comfort when playing.

Typically speaking....(I was fitted by Ping for a undersize grip (aqua)).
Between the midsize vs undersize, what might happen if I went midsize from undersize.
I heard, that having the undersized grip helps get the club head around.

I had heard this also, that the undersized grip could help in releasing the club. But, I discussed this with a fitter recently and he advised against it in my case. He actually recommended that I go to midsize from standard. I haven't done it yet, but may try midsize. Along the same line of thought, I pulled out an old set of irons to play tomorrow just for kicks and they had undersized grips. I played them five or six years ago. The grips really felt weird to me and way too small. I'm going to re-grip them before I put them back into play.

Back