TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons?

Double Drops

Reaction score
Handicap
I ran across a good deal on a set of Rocketbladez irons. I know they’re a little older than some of the M series irons, but for those of you that have tried them, how do you like them? Are they very forgiving?

I used to game a set of these years back. They were a pretty forgiving set. Got the ball up and out. Good sticks, if you’re getting a great deal. Can’t go wrong with the M series either.

I think these are back out new, re-release at DSG, etc...

Dave

I think these are back out new, re-release at DSG, etc...

Dave
I saw them at DSG for $400 and thought that was a pretty good deal. Is it worth the extra $200 to go with the M4’s?

I saw them at DSG for $400 and thought that was a pretty good deal. Is it worth the extra $200 to go with the M4’s?

I can’t tell you for sure, but in general if you can find a set of irons for $400 that you hit well, it’s where I’d go. I think the M series can do a few things the others can’t, but not enough to spend an extra $200 if the question is being asked.

Brand new to THP. I am in the same boat. I have been playing the Rocketbladez irons for the past 5 years. I seem to be a little inconsistent with them. I am 50 years old and play to a 14 handicap. My swing speed is 92-93. I have stiff shafts in my driver and hybrids but I have regular shafts (steel) in my irons. I wonder if it is time to consider graphite shafts in my irons. At the very least I wonder if I should consider a more game improvement iron with stiff shafts? Of course the inconsistency with my irons could be my swing and not the fault of the clubs. Would new technology help with this? More offset? My big miss is a slice to the right. Considering the Rogue X and TM M4 irons.

I really liked the Speedblade, but have not hit Rocketblade or M4. If you get along with the shaft, the Rocketblade should still hold up very well.

Dave

Back