Cuban Food Thread

Damn it.

I need some empanadas now. I need to get to Tampa asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn it.

I need some empanadas now. I need to get to Tampa asap

As you can see by the prices, this place rocks. Still the best sandwich ever made

Cuban Food Thread

How are the chips?

How are the chips?

Didnt get them, but everything was pretty solid. This is a place right near the hotel you stayed at.

Pan con Bistec (steak sandwich) for lunch today. One of my favorites!

This one's for JB. Pan con Bistec sandwich FTW!!
3c702c487950fbf4dec6ce8d4f3958e0.jpg

Damn that looks good brother.

Never tried but this is high on my list. There used to be a little Cuban restaurant around the corner when I worked in downtown Milwaukee never got a chance to try but I've got nothing of the sort now. Maybe my next golf trip....

That looks delicious!

This week Imo leaving for Cuba for the tenth time, cuban food is good not great you will love the pastas they cook in front of you. If you like fish they have many varieties to choose from, they are big on chicken and pork and the potatoes are not to bad so if you say your blue collar eaters you will have no problem in any of the higher end resorts. Also depending when you go I think in high season you get more variety, spices are the things they lack so maybe bring your own people do. Thats about it i think go you wont be disappointed.

I now know what I'm having for lunch! Damn Cuban food thread!!

Talking with a chef this weekend, he said the cuban sandwich was the most fun thing he liked to make, it was an interesting answer, but oh so tasty!

Not too bad for a small town restaurant. Bread was a little thick!
868f30f36a700a520df83344017bec70.jpg

Is that turkey on that?

I was raised on this cuisine. One of the best things about moving to Florida has been the abundance of excellent Cuban food available. So, so good!

Is that turkey on that?
It very well might have been, in some of these small towns beggars can't be choosers! But it was decent tasting at least, didn't really feel like a cuban, even though that's what the menu said!

It very well might have been, in some of these small towns beggars can't be choosers! But it was decent tasting at least, didn't really feel like a cuban, even though that's what the menu said!

Yeah it happens. When I travel and they have a Cuban, it almost always is ham and cheese. Maybe throw turkey on there. But they are missing it. Not only is here no turkey, but the roast pork is he best part.

Yeah it happens. When I travel and they have a Cuban, it almost always is ham and cheese. Maybe throw turkey on there. But they are missing it. Not only is here no turkey, but the roast pork is he best part.
Yeah, after watching the cooking shows with that roast pork on the different smokers and cookers, I'd love to have a real one someday!

At least the pickles were fairly good on this one. Silver lining I guess.

Man I haven't had a Cuban in a long time.

I'll start posting some pics in here. Easily 2-3x week in our household

At a local Cuban place for breakfast and the coffee as always is amazing.

37B80D4D-0127-4337-A38A-C68FBD1EA744.jpeg

I love Cuban food but unfortunately have not had it in many, many years. That is one of the few things I miss about my time living in South Florida in my much younger years (about 25 years ago). Not many options in Georgia and the Carolinas and what options I have tried were far inferior.

Empanadas
Yucca Frites
Arrow Con Pollo
Paella

Delicious!!!

We have a few good spots in NJ, mainly because this state is such a cultural melting pot.

However, the best I have ever had is Ana's Cuban Cafe in Key West, near the southernmost point. I go there everyday for breakfast when we visit, which is one week a year. The cortada coffee is amazing, and the steak breakfast sandwich on cuban bread with plantains is perfect. Their cuban sandwich is great too.

A close second is the cuban sandwich from Mason De Pepe in Mallory Square, Key West.

Back