Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

I came from G15's to Z545's. Apart from the size difference, I found the transition to be quite easy. I demo'd these against rsi2 and ap1 and various others. They were the best in terms of forgivness for their size for me.

I've just received my Z545 AW-5 irons today. These are by far the prettiest set of irons I've ever owned. I haven't had the chanced to hit the range yet but I hope these play as good as it looks.

They will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that I've seen a club be better on a fat miss at that profile/size than the 545s.

They just flat out deliver

To be honest, I bought the Z545s based on your opinions and other feedback from this thread. I've had a range session today (on mats though) and these irons gets the ball up in the air very easily. I lose only around 5 meters on toe hits which is awesome for an iron with quite a compact blade length. This iron is awesome off the shelf for me. Imagine how deadly these irons will be if I got fitted properly.

Glad they're working out for you so far. Nice thing about the bodies being forged and relatively soft is that they'll be easy to get bent to your specs. Glad the feedback was useful, and enjoy the clubs!

Something to share here... par 3 , 7th hole today. Playing about 135y to a middle pin. I put a pretty messy swing on an 8i, i reckon i only got 2/3 of the ball on the bottom of the face yet it finished about 15ft from the hole.
When people rave about the forgiveness of these, its legit. I shouldve taken a photo of the strike. Made me and my marker laugh out loud when i showed him

Ok so I admit...I have been thinking of getting some new irons and my 545's have probably heard me, so today they were amazing for me. This was the best I have hit my irons in a LONG time.

My last hole I topped a drive and had about 221 to center of the green from my gps. I took my 4 iron and was just hoping to get it into the fairway and having a 30-40 yard wedge shot. When I hit the shot, I dropped a very loud F bomb because I dont think I have ever hit a long iron that well and it was just a bomb. Still figured I was going to be short of the green a little bit but when I got up to the green my ball was past the hole by about 25 feet. It was one of those shots that keeps you coming back.

So basically I hit my 4 iron (that was one of many good shots with it) and 5 iron so well that I am thinking about keeping this set around for another year and adding a 3 iron. Anyone play a 3 iron out of this set?

I've been playing these Irons for around 18 months. Not sure if there is another set out there that would be as good for me, but I'm not looking anyway. I still love what these Irons do for my game.

I've been playing these Irons for around 18 months. Not sure if there is another set out there that would be as good for me, but I'm not looking anyway. I still love what these Irons do for my game.

I feel the same way Eddie. I've been gaming them for a year now and I love them. More times it's me rather than the clubs, but they are so forgiving for my game that I'm keeping them in my bag for the time being.

I feel the same way Eddie. I've been gaming them for a year now and I love them. More times it's me rather than the clubs, but they are so forgiving for my game that I'm keeping them in my bag for the time being.
I need to redo my grips, like immediately, but these have been the best irons for my game. Hitting it out on the toe, I hardly lose anything. Center contact feels so good. High ball flight, which I don't produce to often with other clubs, seems to be more the norm with these. I'm just not sure what else I could look for in an iron.

I am so pumped that these are still getting love. Being one of the first in North America not on tour to hit them, I really feel like my thoughts have been validated. Love that these are still being gamed by so many.

I was asked for a bit of feedback on the longer z545 irons by a fellow THPer recently so i made an effort to note some shots from the last 2 rounds. 10th hole at home is a par 3 playing 180m slightly downhill. I usually hit 4H but it brings the greenside traps into play. It was a front pin so i thought what the hell and grabbed 5i. I figured just short of the green is ideal. I hit a big high fade that stopped 6ft from the hole. I was a tad suprised it went that far. It even earnt me some balls...
The second was today playing a par 5. Bad tee shot meant i had 165m left for 3rd into a slight breeze. I hit 4i way out on the toe and it finished just short and right. Up and down for easy par. I tend to work off 170m with a good strike so only losing a little off that with a toe strike is fine by me. I do carry a 4i and a 4H cause they go different distances and do different things. Just in case anyone was curious.

Less than 1 club way off the toe is solid - the tungsten in the longer irons really does its job. Glad you're enjoying them.

I'm on my second set of these and I'm loving them, again! This is the first time I've tried XP shafts and I think we were made for each other after seeing how "on-target" I've been with these at the range and for a round of 9 Friday. I can't wait to get a few rounds of 18 in with these in the next few weeks before I play in California. I really think these are some of the best irons out there and I've learned my lesson- they'll be in my bag for awhile.

I am in the market for a set, question for you guys. What is your wedge make-up after the set PW? Been trying to think what wedges to go with.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I am in the market for a set, question for you guys. What is your wedge make-up after the set PW? Been trying to think what wedges to go with.

With the PW being 44 degrees I play the Wilson Staff FG 48, 52, and 56 degree wedges

I added a AW from the same set when I ordered mine. Easiest gap wedge I've ever owned. Just point and shoot for me. Considering to add a 4 iron to the set because these irons are the bee's knees.

Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

I have played 48, 54,64. I played 48, 52,56,64 for a long time too. Really want to buy the set gap wedge from rakuten

48-52-56 for me. Works well.

Less than 1 club way off the toe is solid - the tungsten in the longer irons really does its job. Glad you're enjoying them.

It was probably a little more like a full club but impressive none the less. Yeah id say the tungsten helps for sure.

I also got the set GW and its awesome... The sole is amazing and high soft landing shots allday. Easy to flight lower too when needed. Ive got 2 sm6 vokeys in 56* and 60* after that

I'm at 50/54/58.

I went with a 48 in the CB, then a 52 and 58 in the blade versions (all in the black heads)

Hi guys! I thought about buying these irons . Someone has compared these irons with PSI ? Its in the same category ? Or psi are more players club? I want a forgivenes improvement iron . Im a 10 index. Its a great choice? My biggest fail is shot in toe.
Thanks

Hi guys! I thought about buying these irons . Someone has compared these irons with PSI ? Its in the same category ? Or psi are more players club? I want a forgivenes improvement iron . Im a 10 index. Its a great choice? My biggest fail is shot in toe.
Thanks

I think these are slightly larger than the PSI. 545s are Great on shots out on the toe - better than any other iron that size I've tried.

Back