5i
b283065dd1f4308e22cf69d63a5e29fe.jpg

All 3 of them:
1836c3ea222896df2512e24a7291049f.jpg

Nice dude, thanks for the pics.

I'd hit them.

Mark,
Thanks for the additional pictures.

Once I know that I have my weekends clear, I will do the Bridgestone Test Drive so I can give these a whirl. They look like they would be fun to hit.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing

Looking forward on your take after you get these on the course.

Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

So my golf coach said to me tonight that he has an older gentleman that he teaches that he would him to try my irons. He has an older set of clubs and could see him really benefiting from what the JGR's could bring to his game. Guess I have made an impression on him.

Demo Day PIcs

i-dDwC4rd-XL.jpg

i-BDtdgv8-XL.jpg

i-GPS7473-XL.jpg

i-NPmPKbw-XL.jpg

If I didn't know what thread I was in and just saw the third picture, I would have thought I was looking at some new putter.

That being said, I'd love to give them a try. B-Stone was at a local demo day here in Western NY a few weeks ago, saw the JGR driver but I don't recall seeing these. Definitely different looking, but I also have an old Tour Edge J-Max Bazooka Gold iron-wood and Big Bertha hybrid in the bag now, so a club with a little more size on the back and sole wouldn't bother me necessarily. They look fun to hit.

Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

That being said, I'd love to give them a try.

Definitely different looking, but I also have an old Tour Edge J-Max Bazooka Gold iron-wood and Big Bertha hybrid in the bag now, so a club with a little more size on the back and sole wouldn't bother me necessarily. They look fun to hit.

I have set and I really like them. They're very forgiving and the ball just rockets of the face. Video form this Saturday. Note the ball flight. Up and straight.

https://vimeo.com/160599144

I got to hit these the other day and I must say I was impressed, yes they launch high and yes they go far. Remind me a lot of my beloved altitudes but with even more of a softer feel and more of the traditional iron look at address. To me it feels like I could pick these a little easier off the turf than the altitudes. I was really impressed. Any more updates markm? Was wondering how you were getting along with that 5 iron and aw?

I got to hit these the other day and I must say I was impressed, yes they launch high and yes they go far. Remind me a lot of my beloved altitudes but with even more of a softer feel and more of the traditional iron look at address. To me it feels like I could pick these a little easier off the turf than the altitudes. I was really impressed. Any more updates markm? Was wondering how you were getting along with that 5 iron and aw?

Thanks for reaching out to me - I have play my best golf of my life so for this season and the entire JGR line is part of the reason (Have to take some credit for my hard work during the winter). I just love the irons. That forged feeling when hit it flush is awesome. Still getting used to the yardages. but I'm getting better at what club goes what distance. The AW maybe the best club in the bunch - It's just a green finder. First club I would replace is the 5 iron. The lack of offset just makes it difficult for me to be consistent with it. I end up hitting "Chip" 7 wood where the 5 iron would be used. Looking at a 4H in the JGR line to replace the 5 iron. That 21 degree part of the bag is important enough that I need re-evaluate it. Everyone that I play with has commented how much better golf I'm playing. I have no regrets picking up these irons - Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for reaching out to me - I have play my best golf of my life so for this season and the entire JGR line is part of the reason (Have to take some credit for my hard work during the winter). I just love the irons. That forged feeling when hit it flush is awesome. Still getting used to the yardages. but I'm getting better at what club goes what distance. The AW maybe the best club in the bunch - It's just a green finder. First club I would replace is the 5 iron. The lack of offset just makes it difficult for me to be consistent with it. I end up hitting "Chip" 7 wood where the 5 iron would be used. Looking at a 4H in the JGR line to replace the 5 iron. That 21 degree part of the bag is important enough that I need re-evaluate it. Everyone that I play with has commented how much better golf I'm playing. I have no regrets picking up these irons - Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the update. I agree with you on the feel. The Golfsmith here in San Antonio has a complete demo set 6-PW2. I hit every iron with the F3 graphite shafts and found the gapping to be perfect with 8-10 yard increments between irons. I think I hogged the simulator for about 30 minutes because I was enjoying hitting these so much. Hit them compared to ping G and G max, Cally XR and Big Bertha, M2 and I enjoyed these the best. They were longer and launch was higher and the feel of the forged face is very addicting. I am currently playing the M2's 5-sw, and I am totally happy with them, and I am seriously considering switching.

Thanks for the update. I agree with you on the feel. The Golfsmith here in San Antonio has a complete demo set 6-PW2. I hit every iron with the F3 graphite shafts and found the gapping to be perfect with 8-10 yard increments between irons. I think I hogged the simulator for about 30 minutes because I was enjoying hitting these so much. Hit them compared to ping G and G max, Cally XR and Big Bertha, M2 and I enjoyed these the best. They were longer and launch was higher and the feel of the forged face is very addicting. I am currently playing the M2's 5-sw, and I am totally happy with them, and I am seriously considering switching.

I have the F3's in mine. BTW - you can find sets on the "Bay" at some good prices if you inclined to shop there.

Great thoughts, glad you're still loving these. What club do you use for punch shots? The 5I? Does it work pretty well?

Great thoughts, glad you're still loving these. What club do you use for punch shots? The 5I? Does it work pretty well?

I have been using my 6i or 7W. I just need to work more at the range with the 5i on punch shots, it either needs to perform that for me or out it goes for a true Hybrid- I do hit the 5i of tee when I need a 160ish shot off in to the fairway. - It is so sweet to get the forged feeling off that big hunk of metal.

I have the F3's in mine. BTW - you can find sets on the "Bay" at some good prices if you inclined to shop there.

Thanks for the info. Maybe a good used set will pop up on callypreowned. That's about the only place I buy online due to their playability program, which in my humble opinion, is the best in golf. A six piece set is $749, so to get a 5-gw I would have to spend around a grand:bulgy-eyes:. Not quite sure I'm ready to do that yet. But based on the performance I saw and the technology offered, I can understand the price.

So I just want to add that I took a lesson last night and my coach can't believe the distance I get from these irons.
I hit a 9 iron far enough that he asked what club I had in my hand and when I told him it was a 9, he said "Amazing, I though it was a 7."

So I just want to add that I took a lesson last night and my coach can't believe the distance I get from these irons.
I hit a 9 iron far enough that he asked what club I had in my hand and when I told him it was a 9, he said "Amazing, I though it was a 7."

That's cause in most sets that loft is a 7i. ?

In all seriousness has the stronger lofts caused any gapping issues with your wedges ?

In my Altitude irons I play from a 6i through 54* SW so I don't get any issues. But with the JGR they only go to a 2nd PW right ? Did you need to add anything between it and your previous wedge setup ?

Reason I ask is when I bought the Wilson di11's I needed both the di11 Gap wedge and another gap wedge that was 50*.

I added an JGR "A" wedge and a MD2 PM at 58*

I added an JGR "A" wedge and a MD2 PM at 58*

50*?

Do you have a big gap to your 58* on full shots?

I have a similar setup.
Altitude DW 49* 100-105
Altitude SW 54* 80-85
Smart Sole 58* 70 ish.

Tried the Niblick 49* instead of my DW with a Smart Sole 58* but the 30 yd gap messed with me so I went back with the 49/54/58 setup.

50 is about 75 and 58 is 50 yards. Gap seems to work for me.

50 is about 75 and 58 is 50 yards. Gap seems to work for me.

In your earlier posts your 7i was 150.
So assuming 10 yd gaps:
8i 140
9i 130
PW 1 120
PW 2 110
AW 75?

Doesn't seem right.

Yes, you have the yardages correct.

Can anyone post pictures of the 5, 9 and PW from the Ping GMax compared to the[h=1]JGR Hybrid Forged Irons [FONT=Michroma, sans-serif]showing the sole so I could see the comparison in width ?[/FONT][/h]

Just bought these 6-pw2 and must say they are extremely fun to play! Forged and forgiving! Love the way they set up to the ball, extremely easy to pick off the turf with the thinnish looking sole but have an extreme cavity on the back that just launches the ball into orbit. I am a sweeper and these irons work perfectly for my swing. If you have trouble getting the ball in the air, I would highly recommend these. Yes, I know the lofts are jacked, my 6 iron is 24*, but I can hit it higher than any other 24 degree lofted iron I have ever had including the altitudes. It's fun to sit on par 3's and hit 9 iron whenever everyone else is hitting 7 iron. It's fun to hit a 9 iron 140. It's fun to mess with other people's heads. The recoil F3 shafts are perfect for my slower swing speed. These irons are bringing a lot of enjoyment to my game. Now I'm looking for a 5 iron and D wedge. If you liked the altitudes, you need to give these a try.

Can anyone post pictures of the 5, 9 and PW from the Ping GMax compared to the[h=1]JGR Hybrid Forged Irons [FONT=Michroma, sans-serif]showing the sole so I could see the comparison in width ?[/FONT][/h]

I just traded my G max in for these, sole is very similar width wise, but these seem to sit better for me behind the ball, little lower profile, kind of like the old Cleveland VAS but without the offset if you remember those.

Back