PING G410 Plus LST Driver

This is the question that I think a lot of people are asking.
Im usually pretty much on the fence about secondary releases.
With this one one of the interesting parts is that they have released the three together in the past.

You're right on this of course with the G400. But then again, with the G30 they staggered them.

The other thing to keep in mind is that for a while the last time around, Ping has problems with the Tungsten weights falling out.

I have no info, but it sounds to me like they may have tightened up on the foundry they used or spread out the releases so that they could have better quality control on the launch.

You're right on this of course with the G400. But then again, with the G30 they staggered them.

The other thing to keep in mind is that for a while the last time around, Ping has problems with the Tungsten weights falling out.

I have no info, but it sounds to me like they may have tightened up on the foundry they used or spread out the releases so that they could have better quality control on the launch.

The G30 came out in 2014 I believe and didn’t they only have 3 total in that line, not 4 including Max? Or am I remembering that wrong.

I know they have released a number of different lines since that time.

Secondary releases are more of a test in self control. I believe everything should come out at once like the other oems do ( except the epic star maybe?). Some people can't wait and have to rush out and buy even though they know 6 months later he one they really want is coming out.

I had a bit of thinking to do with the Max. I was thinking of a new driver this year. The g410 did nothing for me over the max. If there was another max coming out mid year, I would wait rather than buying the one that's out now....because I know how good the max is and can be.

I did buy a max 2 weeks ago but only because it was marked stupidly wrong and with a Tour ad iz shaft.

The G30 came out in 2014 I believe and didn’t they only have 3 total in that line, not 4 including Max? Or am I remembering that wrong.

I know they have released a number of different lines since that time.

Correct, with the G30 the regular and SFT versions came out first and the LST was delayed.

With the G400 all 3 of those were at the same time and the Max was later.

I kind of get some of the angst around a new model, but when the G400 Max came out I really wasn't tempted to compare to my G400 LST. Before that I had a G30, had tried the regular but it couldn't beat what I had at the time. It was only with the LST that things improved.

This time around, I'll wait till the Max comes out, and I'm sure there are others that will too.

I want to hit this. Hard.

BIG Ping driver fan.

I want to hit this. Hit the G410 last week and loved it - as much as I love my G400 and I've always wondered how I'd fare with a low spin head. Since I'm always fit into a low spin shaft would this thing just drop out of the sky?

I want to hit this. Hard.

BIG Ping driver fan.

With the success you had with the MAX last year wouldn’t the G410+ be more suited to your swing ?

With the success you had with the MAX last year wouldn’t the G410+ be more suited to your swing ?

Swing has come a long way. As has the AoA. Seeing greater benefits right now with lower spin setups. Best fit with the F9 was actually 9*.

Swing has come a long way. As has the AoA. Seeing greater benefits right now with lower spin setups. Best fit with the F9 was actually 9*.

Gotcha.
Congrats on the improvements
What do think helped with the AOA improvements (assuming more positive now) ?
I always thought I was +3 or 4 but recently more like +1 grrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy. So many great drivers this year and too little room to give them all a shot. I feel like Ping may have missed the optimal window to release this version with so many other drivers receiving the early season buzz.

Looks like the weight can be positioned anywhere along the track on this version as opposed to predetermined screw holes. That seems like a big improvement if true!

Looks like the weight can be positioned anywhere along the track on this version as opposed to predetermined screw holes. That seems like a big improvement if true!

To my knowledge it’s the same as the other models. Three positions.

To my knowledge it’s the same as the other models. Three positions.

I think you're right. I was just being hopeful based on one of their graphics.

I wish they would have released it when the 410+ dropped. I would have given this a serious look had I not already purchased a driver. Honestly, I should have given the 410+ a look. My buddy is crushing that thing.

I wish they would have released it when the 410+ dropped. I would have given this a serious look had I not already purchased a driver. Honestly, I should have given the 410+ a look. My buddy is crushing that thing.

Yeah, pretty big oof for them imo.

Especially if they come with the Max soon.

Last week I was in Golf Galaxy looking at the G410 LST driver. Had a G400 LST driver awhile back, but can't remember why I switched to the Cleveland Launcher driver I'm playing now. Went into a bay to see the results using a few different shafts with a 9* head. Settled on the Ping Alta CB Red 55 gram regular shaft. Just about walked out of the hitting bay but asked the person I was working with if I could hit a few with the same Alta CB Red 55 gram SR (soft regular) shaft. Sure glad I did. I hit 7 drives with that shaft and the dispersion was 10 yds, and slightly longer than the regular shaft. Ordered it that day with 1 extra wrap under the grip, 1" short (44.75") and the 9* head. Received it Tuesday, man that was a quick delivery, and played it today. Hit the Cleveland driver on the first hole, a tight par 4, then on the second hole, a wide open par 5, I hit the 1st drive with the Ping. Good swing and center impact. Great impact whack sound, great feel, dead straight and to a point on the fairway where I seldom get with the Cleveland. 13 par 4's and par 5's later, 12 fairways hit, pretty much center fairways, and one drive that I didn't aim well and went into the left 1st cut of the rough. I am very happy with this combo, love the SR shaft and look forward to more golf with this driver.

I really kinda want the LST, a lot.

But part of me is of the thought, could just go 400 LST way cheaper.

That will be a must try for me. Smart move by Ping IMO

Jman;n8900706 said:

This right here. I've been having the same debate. I'm not sure what else I'm getting from the 410 that isn't already in the 400.

The hosel on my G400 LST cracked, so I called Ping to see about getting it repaired/replaced & they offered me a new G410 LST at no charge. I really liked the G400 LST, but decided to gamble on the new one.

So far, so good. I went with a stiff Tensei Orange. Even though I got the 9*, I'm launching the 410 much higher than the 400. I had a Miyazaki Kusala White in the 400, & I thought that was a high launching shaft.

Jman;n8900706 said:

That's so last year though. You know you want the newest technology.

Back