Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Don't have a good answer... I just know the ball strike is all over the club face, right now, with the LTD/Rogue. In the comparison with my G30 LS Tec, today, it was night and day. Strike location was very consistent with the LS Tec/Fuel combo.

Hopefully, adding the Fuel to the mix will aid in the strike consistency, whether that's an effect of the bend profile with my swing, or even just a placebo effect.

No, I think there's a lot of validity it what you've said. I haven't been able to transition back and forth very well at all with the latest G from Ping and the LTD during testing. The timing changes with the profile and weighting, and that is something I believe very strongly in.

For me, it just takes time. Hopefully rounds 3/4 are wild improvements!

Nice! That thing going to help elevate and smooth out the transition?

I was a pretty big fan of the rogue but there's something about the HZRDUS yellow that just makes me pepper the ball.

I would love to hit that combo.

Got a few swings in today w/ the LTD JB had in his trunk.

Huge weight difference from my D200, so it took me a while to figure out the swing.
What I liked is that it's such a low spinning head that it's hard to get it too far offline.
I think this would be an amazing driver for me with a lighter shaft & a little more loft.

Received my Fujikura Fuel today. It's gripped and tipped (no pun intended), and ready to go for the next chance I have to get on the course.

I really want to try one of these because the tech seems solid and makes sense to me, but alas I have not even seen one up close so far. Why are these so scarce?

I really want to try one of these because the tech seems solid and makes sense to me, but alas I have not even seen one up close so far. Why are these so scarce?

Can't answer for your part of Wisconsin. In northern IL, they are in every golf store.

Can't answer for your part of Wisconsin. In northern IL, they are in every golf store.

Thanks, I'll have to take a look when I get down to Chicago again.

Thanks, I'll have to take a look when I get down to Chicago again.
Let us know when you're down this way. Can see about teeing it up, and you can hit mine.

Let us know when you're down this way. Can see about teeing it up, and you can hit mine.

I sure will, thanks. It will likely happen before too long. My gf was born and raised there (Hermosa), and all her bff's are still there, so we plan to make a few trips soon.

Ugh. I think my time with the LTD is quickly coming to an end. Even with my shaft of choice, I'm just not hitting it well. Today saw some decent swings, with ball marks consistently on good parts of the face, but a serious lack of pop... a couple of the balls had really odd ball flights, too, almost knuckle ball like (maybe i took too much spin off?). Went back and forth with @dhartmann34 JPX850 driver, and it was another night-and-day experience with some solid drives with the Mizuno (similar to last week with the G30 LS Tec).

I sooo want the LTD to work for me, but maybe my swing "needs" just aren't a match. One of the best looking drivers I've seen from Cobra, with some cool technology as well.

I had a good range session today with this club, I have it in the 10.5 setting and that seems to be the best for me. It comes with a somewhat mid-low trajectory but it definitely passes the eye test. I would be interested to see it tested with a shaft that would increase the ball flight (right now I have it in the stock S flex shaft) and will be on the lookout for one in the upcoming weeks.

Ugh. I think my time with the LTD is quickly coming to an end. Even with my shaft of choice, I'm just not hitting it well. Today saw some decent swings, with ball marks consistently on good parts of the face, but a serious lack of pop... a couple of the balls had really odd ball flights, too, almost knuckle ball like (maybe i took too much spin off?). Went back and forth with @dhartmann34 JPX850 driver, and it was another night-and-day experience with some solid drives with the Mizuno (similar to last week with the G30 LS Tec).

I sooo want the LTD to work for me, but maybe my swing "needs" just aren't a match. One of the best looking drivers I've seen from Cobra, with some cool technology as well.
That's wild, and a bit disappointing because I was so,excited for you to love this one haha!

I really how much of it is spin.

Played the 3/4 wood today and based on what I saw I'm curious to see what the driver can do.

What loft? Have you considered lofting up?

That's wild, and a bit disappointing because I was so,excited for you to love this one haha!

I really how much of it is spin.
It's really odd. I have been able to get decent performance out of almost any driver head, with perhaps some shaft tinkering.

The shaft change definitely helped with strike consistency, but there is something missing. I don't know that I've ever run into something having too little spin for me, but maybe this combo did that? Not sure. And, because I'm stubborn, I'll probably put it in the bag for another round on Monday. Maybe I'll crank it up a bit more in loft, again - already moved it to 11.5.

I can second this... That driver is not for you. No pop whatsoever. It was strange. That Mizuno though... Bam!!

What loft? Have you considered lofting up?
I moved it to 11.5. May bump it up one more time (I think it will go to 12.5).

I moved it to 11.5.

You were not a real high spin player to begin with based on last year, so going to a driver that is like this, a lot of people are not getting the carry distance until adding more loft. Then add the muted sound and it comes off as a dud. Watched a testing done with swing speed set at 105 and the difference in adding loft and going to 12.5 from 10.5 and seeing a carry distance increases that were pretty astonishing.

This is true. I'll crank it up another degree and see what happens.

Edit: Should say that I do love the muted sound. Not the same sound as the D200, but both tend to be more muted than other models.

Last edited:
When I got home from my round yesterday the LTD Pro was waiting on the doorstep for me. I quickly unwrapped and got it down to the range. I got the Elements Chrome 7F4 shaft in it. My driver swing speed ranges between 95-105. I also have about a 5 degree positive AoA - so I naturally add loft to it. I also have quite a quick transition. I used to have the John Daly backswing but now it's shorter (and usually more consistent lol). I'm your typical mid handicapper. At times I can really get it going but when I'm off...put on a helmet, get a calculator and duck!

It was a fun range session since I just played a round with my 915 and was hitting it really well. I tested and was fitted for the LTD Pro at Miles of Golf Ann Arbor (great great place) and while the difference between that and my 915 wasn't HUGE - the balls speeds were better. Higher ball speeds resulted in distance gains. Also the "feel" blew me away during testing. The last time that happened I bought the APEX CF's (which are currently beating out my 714 AP1's).

My first impressions on my first range session was WOW. Now it's not like I was hitting it 30 yards farther than 915, but the added swing weight, sound, classic crown and "feel" were awesome. Just awesome. My setting was 8.5F. One thing I seemed to pickup on was that this needs to maybe be hit slightly lower on the face to really get the best "feel". I started teeing it up a tiny bit lower and noticed it. Anyone else notice this? I must say though, almost everything across the face felt great. When I missed I knew it but it wasn't awful. When I hit it flush it was like my Apex CF's - I just wanted to keep swinging.

The showdown between 915 and LTD Pro is on. As soon as the weather cooperates again here in Michigan I will get it out on my local course where I can really judge distance gains.

Last edited:
Well I had now 2 Rounds and 2 Range sessions and must say I cannot get my drives to go straight. My old driver was about 6" shorter (and 8yrs older) but I just don't have the confidence in my LTD with Rogue R Flex Shaft anymore.

All sales and trades must take place in the THP marketplace. Once you have 25 posts, or are an Albatross Club Member, the marketplace will open up for you to have the ability to post items for sale.

Thanks so much.

Wonder how the LTD fairway plays. I'm in the hunt for a 4W, and it's down to either the LTD, F6, or Fly-Z (or maybe the Fly-Z XL). I have heard the F6 really is the best of both worlds of the Fly-Z+ and the Fly-Z, but I wonder if the LTD is even better than the F6. Then again, with the prices of the Fly-Z XL, that can't be beat. Decisions, decisions.

So, had this one out again on Monday, starting with the loft cranked up to 12. Had a better overall striking day with it - flight was getting a bit high, so brought it back down to 11.5, and it was still working fine. Wind was pretty swirly, so didn't bother with distances; I was primarily concerned with better ball contact as the place to start, anyway, trying to find that "pop" I felt was missing. Overall performance, including forgiveness, now seems much better than it was prior to the shaft change. I hit 2 balls off most tees, and on 2 of those occasions, i thought for sure one of them was a bit less solid, more "glancing" strike, but the results weren't a lot different - that's a good thing.

So, seems the LTD won't be cast aside in the driver comparison quite yet.

Back