Does Tiger Beat Snead?

Nope! I don't think he will.

I think he will end up tying him and possibly beating him. I don't see tiger winning any big tournaments but can he win 3-4 random ones during the rest of his career, I think so.

I'd love to see him get the record but I just don't think his body is up to the task anymore.

Nope. Put a fork in his back...or knees...Achilles' tendon...or elbow. Time waits for no man. The young guns caught and passed him a couple of years ago.

If he comes back healthy and plays the courses he really excels in, then he had a shot. I'd like to see him make a run at it. My gut is telling me it will be tough though. Either way, 82 wins is pretty insane.

I sure hope so. I have loved his attitude of late and there's no doubting his ability when healthy.

I really think he might be done physically. But if he can get out and play and stay on tour it's hard to see him not winning 4 more times.

Good question. I don't think he has the consistent length off the tee to keep up with the young guys, but, he doesn't need to. Golf is not just a power game, it's also about accuracy, and consistency. (Zach Johnson as an example.) Can TW play within his body's limitations? Maybe. If he does, can he win doing a ZJ? Yes. Will he ever let himself play like ZJ? I doubt it.

If tiger comes back healthy, I mean truly healthy. He will get Sam and Jack in his rear view. His new swing showed promise and if he comes back he will be here to win.

No one has seen a healthy Tiger since 2013 when all these world beaters emerged. A healthy TW has the game to play with these guys.

I would not bet against him but I don't think he will get those victories to pass Snead.

If tiger comes back healthy, I mean truly healthy. He will get Sam and Jack in his rear view. His new swing showed promise and if he comes back he will be here to win.

No one has seen a healthy Tiger since 2013 when all these world beaters emerged. A healthy TW has the game to play with these guys.

This is about where I fall, with the exception of the part about passing Jack. I think a healthy Tiger would definitely pass Snead, but I think Jack's record will be a tall order at this point in his career. I have my doubts about whether we'll ever see a truly healthy Tiger, but I sure hope we do. I had never really thought of it the way that Freddie put it - it would be really interesting to see some of the young guys go head-to-head with Tiger when he's playing well.

IF Tiger gets and stays healthy, he is a sure thing to pass Snead's record, and make a strong run at Jack's.

Big IF, tho.

IF is the operative term when talking about TW. We have not seen him at 100% in a good while. We make our prediction or excuses for him based on the last few years. I think he can compete if healthy both mentally and physically.

Older golfer with less talent have won majors in their 40s. Hell some marquis players have gotten better in the 40s. So I don't see his age holding him back from being the greatest of all time.

No. TW will not win again.

I will guess no. One record of Snead's that he for sure won't beat is winning a PGA Tour event at the age of 52.

I think he'll eventually get him. I know recent showing doesn't support this line of thinking, but just a hunch.

I don't think so, I recently read an article where Steve Williams claimed Tiger Woods trained too hard... his quote went something said something along the lines that he trained too much like an athlete and not like a golfer... maybe it's just me, but I took that to mean that he trained a little too much like Ivan Drago and not like rocky...

I wouldn't be surprised if a tell all book came out claimed steroids ruined Tiger's career... I have no basis for this, and I'm not firing accusations... just a feeling

I don't think so, I recently read an article where Steve Williams claimed Tiger Woods trained too hard... his quote went something said something along the lines that he trained too much like an athlete and not like a golfer... maybe it's just me, but I took that to mean that he trained a little too much like Ivan Drago and not like rocky...

I wouldn't be surprised if a tell all book came out claimed steroids ruined Tiger's career... I have no basis for this, and I'm not firing accusations... just a feeling

Hank Haney said the same thing, said he originally injured his knee training with Navy Seals I believe. He said he was obsessed with proving he was a top level athlete.

IF is the operative term when talking about TW. We have not seen him at 100% in a good while. We make our prediction or excuses for him based on the last few years. I think he can compete if healthy both mentally and physically.

Older golfer with less talent have won majors in their 40s. Hell some marquis players have gotten better in the 40s. So I don't see his age holding him back from being the greatest of all time.

And he was playing well....But in that same time, he wasnt winning majors.

I'm saying he doesn't win a regular season PGA event again. Age, health, swing changes, and most importantly the deepest competition he's ever faced will prevent him from ever winning again.

I say yes, he'll beat the record. He'll never be back to the old Tiger but he'll still have wins.

I say he takes Snead's record but only bags one more major.

If he does, it will probably take a while. I"m calling he doesn't have many more multi-win years left, if any.

No way. Maybe one more but two is pushing it for me

Back