Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

"Swampy" sounds fun. And I look forward to that fairway bunker shot…

I doubt you guys will play the golds, and in that case, you'll carry all those bunkers, even with a wind in your face!

For the participants, I'm interested in hearing a "before" expectation/impression versus what you will walk-away with post-event... What are your expectations of the CURE CX putters? Do you have a "known" putting issue, and based on any research you've done on the putter line, how do you think it will help your game on the greens?

The 90's music question was tough, I cheated and named all the bands I used to listen to influenced by my brother (since I was only 13 in 1999).

OMG... 13 in 1999?!? Dadgum young folks. :D

For the participants, I'm interested in hearing a "before" expectation/impression versus what you will walk-away with post-event... What are your expectations of the CURE CX putters? Do you have a "known" putting issue, and based on any research you've done on the putter line, how do you think it will help your game on the greens?

its hard to pin point expectations for the Cure putter, I sometimes fail to comit to the put and end up hitting it low on the face, but thats pretty much my only miss as far as putting goes, the rest is more about the read than anything. I am not sure what high MOI really does, does it only help with heel to toe misses? or will it help for my low miss too, this is something I am looking forward too learn about.

I think the CX line look great, and I am sure I will get used to the size, the only thing that worries me about it is the offset shaft, I got used to a straight shaft, and this is something I will have to learn to putt with. I don't think it will be a big deal, just something to get used to.

oh and I was only 14 in 1999 ;)

My direction is usually good and i hit the putts where i want. i am interested in on how forgiving with speed the putters are depending on where you hit it on the face. i struggle at times with speed and lagging on longer putts. if they are consistent in this aspect i feel they can really help my game

1 week down. 6 or 7 to go I think? Gonna be here before we know it.

Great question! Having recently gone through a putter fitting, the education of my putting stroke was eye opening. It showed it was very consistent, but came across the target line with the face open (nearly identical path 4 times in a row) resulting in some side spin and missing just right of the hole. I was fit into a Ping Cadence Ketch Mid Heavy (380-ish grams) putter at 34" and received a bit of a putting stroke overhaul to assist me go straight back and straight through the ball and get it rolling quicker (less skidding).

Looking at the Cx2 line, it has a similar weight to the head so hopefully it will perform quite well. My expectation is to put a nice, consistent roll on the ball and really contribute to the team win with some lights-out putting. Reading JB's experience with the Cx line has me excited to get it in-hand.

I honestly don't have any expectations or impressions pre-event. I have never been fitted for a putter before, I have always just tried a few out and picked the one that felt/performed best. That's one of the reasons I am so excited for the event, to learn way more about putting than I do now, from experts in the field. Based on what I have read about the Cure putters, they should help keep putts on line when I miss the center of the face. I like the sounds of that.

I dont really have a known putting issue. It is one of the stronger parts of my game, but there is always room for improvement, and I cant wait to see how the CX putter can help my game, along with generally learning more about my stroke, tendencies, etc.

This is really going to be a great event. Still hoping on the wait list :D

Announcement

Start getting ready for your putter order.
You will be ordering finish, model and length.
You will get a PM from GolferGal about this before the end of the week and ALL orders will have to be in before the end of the week.

I have a few questions for everyone. I have to admit, this is one aprt of the event I am the most looking forward to. besides the two invitationals I ahve been lucky to be part of, I haven't played in a lot of competitive environments.

what kind of experience do you guys have in competition, may it be teams or solo?
what would you do to prepare for it?
what would you expect from a teammate?
what would you expect from a captain?

Announcement

You will get a PM from GolferGal about this before the end of the week and ALL orders will have to be in before the end of the week.

this is getting real! I love it.

I'm ready

My putting struggles recently have all been of the "can't get the ball rolling on my intended line" variety. I'm most interested in seeing how the CX line with its high MOI can help minimize those misses.

The 90's music question was tough, I cheated and named all the bands I used to listen to influenced by my brother (since I was only 13 in 1999).

I struggled with that question as well. I was 11 in 1999...had to Google some of them to try and remember what I listened too. Ended up going with Hootie & the Blowfish haha

what kind of experience do you guys have in competition, may it be teams or solo?
Know your game, own your game, and bring open honest communication to your team(mate). Knowing how to attack a hole is one thing, being comfortable in how to play that hole that way is another, and you should be prepared to communicate that accordingly.

What do I want from my captain? I'll let you guys tell me that.

Announcement

"Before the end of the week" = me changing my mind 257 times over the next couple of days.

Wait, nah, I'm ready to order right now. Bring it.

To be honest I was not a big fan of the CX line. That was purely based on looks. I recently saw one in person (for the first time) and the looks are better in person than in the pictures I have seen. I am hoping some bright lights will be turned on with this event and I am sure it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even know if I can describe my expectations. Partly due to not knowing what to expect with my first THP event (though I know it'll be fantastic), and outside of what I've read online, there aren't any places locally that carry Cure putters. With that said, I'm extremely excited to meet the people from Cure.

As for my expectations with the CD line, I'm intrigued by the adjust ability of them, and am curious of the difference it can make. My big miss with putting is pushing my putts and leaving my club face open. Also distance control for my longer putts is something I've struggled with as well.

anyone that has gone through a putter fitting could help? i have no idea what the length should be of my putter what is the rule of thumb for this?

Based on past experience with more "intimate" events I am expecting great one on one time with the Cure guys and knowledge bombs. I expect to walk away with way more putting knowledge not only equipment based but putting in general. The quick time I had at the demo day, getting hooked up to their putting stroke software was really cool. The CX2 was legit when I tried it out, the line just never strayed from my target and I expect gaming it will keep my putter face square and a nice smooth stroke.

I have a few questions for everyone. I have to admit, this is one aprt of the event I am the most looking forward to. besides the two invitationals I ahve been lucky to be part of, I haven't played in a lot of competitive environments.

This will be my first THP competition, but I play in about 10 tournaments each year, both team and solo.

I will just work on getting my game ready over the next month. Practice a lot, and play a lot. Have one tournament that I am playing in before then, and plan to do a THP callout before as well to get some match play practice in.

I just want a teammate that is going to soak everything up and have fun while still being competitive. Be outgoing, compliment your partner and your opponents, and represent THP well.

From what I have heard about both guys, they will be great captains. Think I will get the chance to meet both of them at the Ohio gathering a few weeks before, which I am looking forward to. Hope/expect they will continue to generate excitement, be outgoing and get everyone involved, and help us all have as much fun as possible.

Know your game, own your game, and bring open honest communication to your team(mate). Knowing how to attack a hole is one thing, being comfortable in how to play that hole that way is another, and you should be prepared to communicate that accordingly.

What do I want from my captain? I'll let you guys tell me that.

Thanks for the Input Peter.

as per the Captain question, I'd say if my captain is a funny short Irish dude that likes to drink, I think it'll be great

anyone that has gone through a putter fitting could help? i have no idea what the length should be of my putter what is the rule of thumb for this?

it is a c ombination of different factors.
I just googled "fit yourself for a custom putter" and found a couple pretty helpful guides for it.

Announcement

What if we are not sure about length, just go with what we think?

Announcement

can we select a preferred lie too? or will the cure guys be able to adjust them on site?

Back