JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The hybrid is one of the least changed clubs in the bag. Obviously this topic is for those that play them, because if you don't you can't change them : )
How often do you change out your hybrid(s)?

I have had one but it was never a swap. Changed my cobra fly-z hybrid down to its lowest loft and covered the 4 iron slot with a g400. But they were 3 years between eachother

When a new one comes along that works better? I always keep an open mind, but don’t change on regularly scheduled basis.

i didn't know hybrid was so infrequently changed. that's surprising to me since the tech seems to be ever-improving.

for me, i change for one of three reasons. 1- i want something new just for the sake of having something new, or a new release has enchanted me. 2- when i feel my current hybrid isn't doing what i want it to do, maybe we fell out of love with each other. or 3- i've changed my bag setup and this club gaps too closely to something new, and i have to re-think that slot.

Happy with the Rogue hybrids for a little over a year now and love them. Prior to that had the XR Hybrids and before that the S3 Max Cobra hybrids.

Easy launch, forgiveness all over the face, and easier to hit than long irons. No consideration for changing my current ones but will always hit what is new just to get a comparison.

Only recently did I change my hybrid (about 2 yrs ago) and my "new" one isn't going anywhere til it literally breaks. I even contemplated buying a back up head since it already is a pretty old model.

Honestly, I don't change them much at all. I got the OG Apex hybrid in December 2015 at the Grandaddy, and it hasn't left the bag since. It hits the numbers I want, I have confidence in it, and I love the shape. No need for me to mess with that.

Have kept the same Callaway Apex 4 hybrid in the bag for 4 or so years. Have tried 2 others since buying it and they did not perform as well for me.

My hybrid, I lovingly refer to as my "rough putter". I use it when I'm stuck in real crappy stuff or under trees and just need to punch out. I rarely ever full swing it, so it's not something in my bag that I look to replace at all.

I'm going to answer "almost never". I have new hybrids in the bag thanks to The Grandaddy, but I'm almost positive that I'd still be gaming my old D200s for the next handful of years if it wasn't for that Event.

I have had my Ping i25's for about 4 years, a brief fling with a Ping Anser, and, Ping G10's for about 10 years. As long as my hybrids are easier to hit than my irons and go the distances I want, I don't see a real need to change.

Biggest thing for me is value, fitting it to my specs, and key... neutrality

I LOVE the PXG hybrids, they set up with such little offset that I don't have to worry about the left hand side of the course.

The Rogue in my bag, while nice, is a club I have to be very very careful with because it loves going left. I'd get another PXG in the same loft but I can't drop retail on those things.

Lately it's been yearly. Haven't gotten comfortable with a hybrid in quite some time.

It's one of the least changed clubs in my bag for sure. With the hybrid I'm looking for something that hits a specific yardage to replace a long iron. Once I find one that I like to look at, hits that distance and provides decent forgiveness it will stick in my bag.

The last hybrid I had stayed in the bag for 4 years. I would not be surprised if the Apex hybrids last that long, or even longer.

The hybrid is a crutch for me - it’s a club I go to when I’m not getting off the tee well and my go to hitting into par 5s. So once I get comfortable with one it’s hard to switch.

Maybe my favorite spot in the bag.

The hybrid is one of the least changed clubs in the bag. Obviously this topic is for those that play them, because if you don't you can't change them : )
How often do you change out your hybrid(s)?

Funny that I believe I'm the opposite as it's the most changed club in my bag.

In past 2 seasons I've gone from Ping Anser>Ping G25>Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 (lasted 1 day)>Callaway Apex>Ping G400>Ping G410.

I'm playing the Apex 4H and Ping G410 3H now. I like them both.

Changing Hybrids

I’m weird. I like my hybrids to match my iron set. Started with the D200’s to the F7 and now the F9’s.

I think mine came out in 2011. I play the Callaway Razr X. They do everything I want and are very predictable so why change if it still works and like playing them.

I'm finicky about hybrids so when I find one that works, I usually stick with it for a while. Before the 2017 Grandaddy I still had a J40 that was bouncing in & out of the bag depending on my level of comfort hitting low irons. Now that I've found the Rogues, I don't anticipate chasing new hybrids for a good bit. I'm fully happy with that spot in my bag.

Only changed once. Got a great deal on a Titleist 818 H2 4h. Played it a while with some success, but decided I wanted something a little easier to hit. Switched to the Cleveland HB Launcher 3h. Will be sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

I've changed drivers & irons quite a few times over the past several years, yet my new F9 hybrids are only the third different hybrids over the same time period (TM M1 & Callaway Rogue were the others).

In the 6 years I have been playing hybrids on a regular basis, I have only swapped out 1 of them.

I have never bagged a hybrid until a few weeks ago. I bought an Apex 4 because it gaps perfectly with my set up. I now love this thing. I hope to keep it in play for a very long time.

The few I've had in the past matched my set, so I replaced them when I replaced everything else (usually 1x per year). I never got a long with any so I eventually moved to long irons and haven't looked back. They all wanted to hook for me.

Taylormade M1 3H and Apex 4H. It’s my first hybrids I gamed and I been browsing to replace them with old and current lines but I don’t see any noticeable benefits. Until I find something noticeably better than what I have these are staying in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back