Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out for 18, and the winter rust was very evident. Shot 8-over on the front, but once I got my swing back in the groove I shot 1 over on the back, including two missed 5 footers.

I was waiting for you guys to post the post-round info, I was craving IPA and beer from the beer market!

I was waiting for you guys to post the post-round info, I was craving IPA and beer from the beer market!

we totally forgot, sorry about that. we'll have a few drinks at the Cure event to make up for it.

That's fine as along as they have the carts out. That is not a place to walk. What are the times?

hey Jim, I just saw that Syracuse won! you were right, they had a chance ;)

Friday was super hectic and Saturday everyone had to jet real quick after the round. I guess you'll just have to join on the golf next time.

Friday was super hectic and Saturday everyone had to jet real quick after the round. I guess you'll just have to join on the golf next time.

No worries, and yes I will.

I honestly can't believe how well we played Friday and Saturday was a lot more enjoyable, but dang gotta love/hate un-manicured greens! Shot 49/48 Fri and 51/44 Sat, I'll take it!

I honestly can't believe how well we played Friday and Saturday was a lot more enjoyable, but dang gotta love/hate un-manicured greens! Shot 49/48 Fri and 51/44 Sat, I'll take it!

I could get used to the greens, they were painfully slow, but at least they were consistently painfully slow. the thing that bothered me was the CPO, I always left the cart with 5-6 clubs, but somehow I was always missing the right one. Not that I would have hit the green anyways, but I suck at CPO

I could get used to the greens, they were painfully slow, but at least they were consistently painfully slow. the thing that bothered me was the CPO, I always left the cart with 5-6 clubs, but somehow I was always missing the right one. Not that I would have hit the green anyways, but I suck at CPO
We def. got some exercise both days!

Play my first 9 of the year yesterday at Stafford. Course was dry and in pretty damn good shape. Greens were long but they rolled true and we're relatively quick for this time of year. Played with Amanda and we had the course to ourselves. Shot 37. 2 bogeys a birdie and 6 pars. Great start to the season.

Play my first 9 of the year yesterday at Stafford. Course was dry and in pretty damn good shape. Greens were long but they rolled true and we're relatively quick for this time of year. Played with Amanda and we had the course to ourselves. Shot 37. 2 bogeys a birdie and 6 pars. Great start to the season.
I have a good feeling about this year! I can't wait til the warmer weather is here to stay. Usually I have rounds in the 100's in the spring, but already dropping into the 90's consecutively gives me a lot of hope.

I have a good feeling about this year! I can't wait til the warmer weather is here to stay. Usually I have rounds in the 100's in the spring, but already dropping into the 90's consecutively gives me a lot of hope.
I am with you on this. I shot 44/51=95 Fri and 99 on Sat so I was super pleased with where my game is starting at.

I am with you on this. I shot 44/51=95 Fri and 99 on Sat so I was super pleased with where my game is starting at.

haha I wish I could say that of my game, I need to figure out how to hit an iron shot haha

haha I wish I could say that of my game, I need to figure out how to hit an iron shot haha
Your short game is doing well and saving you some strokes though.

Your short game is doing well and saving you some strokes though.

you are right, tee game and short game were on point, I need to work on the rest of my game.

its fine though, it is still very in the season, I dropped 3 of my last 5 rounds over 100, but I will have to work a bit to get my game in shape and hopefully break 90 somewhat consistently this season

It sounds like you've figured some stuff out since last year, great start. I have to admit it felt great coming out of winter and starting with a 44. Those first rounds of the NY season are always sloppy and to not have to deal with them from start is amazing.

It sounds like you've figured some stuff out since last year, great start. I have to admit it felt great coming out of winter and starting with a 44. Those first rounds of the NY season are always sloppy and to not have to deal with them from start is amazing.
Yessir, honestly from the time we played in PA to now a lot has changed consistency wise. Last season towards the middle/end I was probably playing some of the best golf I ever had.

I was glad with the way I played on Friday even if I struggled a bit on the front 9. Shot 54/48 wich for me is my best score so far. Again on Sat. Had a bad front 9 but shot 49 on the back. Have to figure out how to start my game better.

Last edited:
I was glad of the way I played on Friday even if I struggled a bit on the front 9. Shot 54/48 wich for me is my best score so far. Again on Sat. Had a bad front 9 but shot 49 on the back. Have to figure out how to start my game better.
For how new you are to the game, you should be proud of yourself. Consistency and ways to rid yourself of "blow up" holes come with practice and time.

For how new you are to the game, you should be proud of yourself. Consistency and ways to rid yourself of "blow up" holes come with practice and time.
Totally agree. I hope to get under the 100 mark this year. Good thing is I already feel a lot of improvement. Practice is the key.

so, before we get told to move to a more regional discussion :alien:

where and when are we meeting up next?
I know some of the guys, and Jess, talked about meeting up for a few rounds alter this year, where would be the best for everyone? we talked about Lake placid, it could be great, but a bit far for some of you guys. Turning stone? could get a bit expensive for my taste . maybe somewhere in the western adirondacks?

so, before we get told to move to a more regional discussion :alien:

where and when are we meeting up next?
I know some of the guys, and Jess, talked about meeting up for a few rounds alter this year, where would be the best for everyone? we talked about Lake placid, it could be great, but a bit far for some of you guys. Turning stone? could get a bit expensive for my taste . maybe somewhere in the western adirondacks?

Apologies for not wanting the THP Forum to turn into a chat room. :alien:

Apologies for not wanting the THP Forum to turn into a chat room. :alien:

haha no worries, I figured I'd push it towards a different direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back