AXE Tour X Graphite shaft study

I'm hyper sensitive to my yardages, not having any decent weather and my poor early season form really didn't allow me to test the real yardages, with your early posts got me slightly concerned, but it's good to know you got your issues worked out, if only I can put a real round in and give these shafts a chance to shine.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

don't be concerned because of my words. lol i played nine after work tonight and the distance is where i expect it. pw about 135 up to 5 iron playing out to 198 today. my swing faults were not as great this eve

The clubs were performing phenomenally, even with a lot of poor swings I was not penalized too much, distance was as expected even in the cold and windy conditions.

Can't wait for a normal round where weather is not the issue.

While I enjoyed the lower sw in my set early on, I feel for a smoother tempo I might have to tweak my swing weight a little.

After spending some serious time with the DBM setup I realized I was just hitting the ball far too high and any type of a miss hit and they were flaring to the right. The extreme low center of gravity of these irons has them getting up very quickly and spinny. I made up a complete set of the KE4 Tour + irons with the 85 gram shafts and I am very pleased with the results. The verticle center of gravity on the KE4 is much higher, .785 compared to .675. It's quite a difference. Ball flight is a lot better and being a forgiving head the distance is much more consistent. Really like how this setup loads up and releases. I tipped the S flex a half inch and they hold up nicely to an aggressive swing.

Interesting thoughts on the cg and trajectory, could prove to be quite useful when I'm tweaking my sw. Might just be adding the lead tape to the top line.

Interesting thoughts on the cg and trajectory, could prove to be quite useful when I'm tweaking my sw. Might just be adding the lead tape to the top line.

The difference in trajectory and spin is pretty substantial. The KE4 is a much flatter flight with a lot less spin.a perfectly nutted DBM gets up and goes a mile but the margin of error is slim.

I have been learning a lot about these shafts the past few days. I took the DBM heads with the AXE shafts to the range in what was a howling head wind. I almost left the range because of how hugh i perceived this combo to be. I went through a bucket and really worked on trying to flight the ball through the wind. I discovered a fairly simple move to make sure my hands turn over through the ball gave me a piercing ball flight. Let my hands be a tad lazy and it soared up and stopped in the breeze. While this is far from a revelation with any golf club,,,, with this head and shaft combo it just needed some extra work to get the results. But those results were fantastic. By the end of the session I was consistently only a club short in a 20-25 mph wind.

I brought out the KE4 heads and it was pretty easy to keep them down. While the KE4 heads did well into the wind there I no replacing the feel of a well hit DBM. I have been scoring well with either head and will struggle with which one I will game but the more time I spend with these shafts the more I enjoy them.

For anyone assembling any of these shafts the 95 and 105 play stiffer than flex and the 85 a tad weaker to flex. Tipping the 85 a half inch has the feel and play of the 85 to match the 95.

So far I love these shafts in my Dance with Dragon heads!

So far I love these shafts in my Dance with Dragon heads!
I hear yah, Anyone who I have let hit these just has that Wow, that felt great look on thier face. For me where these shafts have really shined in either head was my ability with touch shots around the greens. I use from a SW to an 8 iron around the green and I have been all over the flag with a lot of chip ins.. Something I could not do with the Z545 or the Z745s with DG S300s.

I had to look up those heads,, damn those are sexy!!
5e186fa0173582ecbf79b8818c1ebc68.jpg

Here's mine

20160325_184434_zpshplh9qbi.jpg

I ordered a wedge shaft and put it in my PM Grind 58° last night. It'll be ready for my Saturday tournament. So, I have now converted my 5 and 6 iron and now my LW. I now know that in due time, all my clubs will be converted to the Tour X shaft.

For anyone assembling any of these shafts the 95 and 105 play stiffer than flex and the 85 a tad weaker to flex. Tipping the 85 a half inch has the feel and play of the 85 to match the 95.

I had an inkling that this was the case, I tipped them normal and since my 85 only runs in the 6 and 7 iron, I elected to to keep them as is so I'd get a slightly higher trajectory than the 95/105 would in my lower irons. I'm still not certain that all my clubs are gapped properly just yet due to my club lengths are only 3/8" apart as opposed to the usual 1/2" I'll be tweaking once the weather is actually in the 70s.

I had an inkling that this was the case, I tipped them normal and since my 85 only runs in the 6 and 7 iron, I elected to to keep them as is so I'd get a slightly higher trajectory than the 95/105 would in my lower irons. I'm still not certain that all my clubs are gapped properly just yet due to my club lengths are only 3/8" apart as opposed to the usual 1/2" I'll be tweaking once the weather is actually in the 70s.
So keeping a 3/8" gap, what is the club you start at for 'normal' length?

So keeping a 3/8" gap, what is the club you start at for 'normal' length?

The 7 Iron is at 37" iirc, then I went up and down from that gap. So overall it's not short by any means, just different and I've yet to get proper weather where the ball is carrying exact what Im looking for quite yet.

Just bumping a massively old thread because I am absolutely blown away by how well these shafts preform.

Back